Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Merrylan
    Posts
    53

    Hopefully predictionmachine.com can model embarrassment...



    ...when the Ravens hand the 49ers a loss:

    http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...er-bowl-xlvii/




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    772

    Re: Hopefully predictionmachine.com can model embarrassment...

    Man, that computer sure doesn't like us haha.




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Where Ravens Fans Roam Free
    Posts
    1,897

    Re: Hopefully predictionmachine.com can model embarrassment...

    I wonder which team that computer picked to win the Ravens-Broncos and Ravens-Patriots games. Thankfully, football games are not played on paper.




  4. #4

    Re: Hopefully predictionmachine.com can model embarrassment...

    Well, that damn camel knows whats up.




  5. #5

    Re: Hopefully predictionmachine.com can model embarrassment...

    I browsed the site but couldn't find any references to past picks. Football Outsiders is my preferred statistical analysis site and they've been wrong about the Ravens the last two games (though they're quite honest about the random nature of games). I find a site that lets you Buy Picks but doesn't have any past performance stats listed on its home page to be kinda questionable.




  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Merrylan
    Posts
    53

    Re: Hopefully predictionmachine.com can model embarrassment...

    Quote Originally Posted by dweezil22 View Post
    I browsed the site but couldn't find any references to past picks. Football Outsiders is my preferred statistical analysis site and they've been wrong about the Ravens the last two games (though they're quite honest about the random nature of games). I find a site that lets you Buy Picks but doesn't have any past performance stats listed on its home page to be kinda questionable.
    Can't argue with that at all - came across the link from another source and it seemed like it was worth a quick post here. Watcha want to bet this machine originated in Silicon Valley?!?
    Last edited by working_man; 01-28-2013 at 03:43 PM. Reason: broken link




  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Balmer Merlin Hon
    Posts
    2,790
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Hopefully predictionmachine.com can model embarrassment...

    Simulations are excellent ways to predict outcomes...if the underlying mathematical model is valid & includes all relevant variables & good & sufficient prior data for all variables exists.

    In my professional opinion as an applied mathematician-sadistitician of long vintage, this one is 0 for 3.

    IOW you might as well trust the fucking camel.

    Speaking of which--
    The Inspecteur-Generale for the Foreign Legion flew in one day to the remotest outpost of the Legion Etrangere, hundreds of kilometres beyond Timbuctoo in the deepest part of the Sahara & many kilometres from the nearest town of any size.

    At each barracks l'Inspecteur was met by an immaculately turned out sergeant of the Legion, who saluted & ushered him inside. And each barracks was itself spotless and in perfect order...until the last, which was itself spotless and in perfect order--except for the female camel tethered to one of the beds.

    "Sergeant!"

    "Oui, mon Generale!"

    "What is zis animal doing in ze barracks?"

    "Mon Generale, sometimes ze men, zey have ze sexual feelings, and we are many kilometres from ze nearest town--"

    "Silence! You will have zis animal removed tout de suite!"

    "Oui, mon generale!" & the sergeant saluted.

    In the middle of the night, l'Inspecteur-General awoke in his bed in the BOQ to find himself emburdened with a distressingly irrepressible and urgent erection. And it was many kilometres to the nearest town-- Then he was struck with an inspiration, and placed a quick call to the last barracks.

    "Sergeant! Have you removed zat animal from ze barracks?"

    "Non, mon Generale, but first zing in ze morning--"

    "Cancel ze order & bring ze camel to my quarters tout de suite!"

    "Oui, mon Generale!"

    L'Inspecteur-Generale had the sergeant bring the came directly into his room, & as the sergeant stood at attention holding the bridle of the beast, threw aside his nightclothes, climbed onto a stool and proceeded to...

    ...

    ...As he climbed down & buttoned up, l'Inspecteur-Generale turned to the sergeant, whose face was red as the setting sun, & said, "Alors, Sergeant, it has been many years since I was a foot-soldat, but I know how the men use the camel, n'est-ce pas?"

    The sergeant turned an even deeper red & said in a small voice, "Actuellement, Mon Generale, the men ride her into town..."




  8. #8

    Re: Hopefully predictionmachine.com can model embarrassment...

    Quote Originally Posted by working_man View Post
    Can't argue with that at all - came across the link from another source and it seemed like it was worth a quick post here. Watcha want to bet this machine originated in Silicon Valley?!?
    Still glad you posted the link. I'm a programmer, and for fun every year (and to keep current on skills) make a personal fantasy football drafting app (using input data that is the projections from CBS sportsline). I could totally make a program that took arbitrary stats and ran a simulation "50,000 times!" and charge people money for it, now I'd have no idea what I was doing and my results would be completely random, but I could totally do it!




  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    8,480
    Blog Entries
    4
    Send the plane back to Baltimore. No reason to play lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk




  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Kingsville, MD
    Posts
    627

    Re: Hopefully predictionmachine.com can model embarrassment...

    Quote Originally Posted by dweezil22 View Post
    Still glad you posted the link. I'm a programmer, and for fun every year (and to keep current on skills) make a personal fantasy football drafting app (using input data that is the projections from CBS sportsline). I could totally make a program that took arbitrary stats and ran a simulation "50,000 times!" and charge people money for it, now I'd have no idea what I was doing and my results would be completely random, but I could totally do it!
    Why stop there? Wall Street beckons!

    BS




  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    N.E. Cincy
    Posts
    3,054

    Re: Hopefully predictionmachine.com can model embarrassment...

    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Send the plane back to Baltimore. No reason to play lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LOL.




  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Waldorf, MD
    Posts
    1,958

    Re: Hopefully predictionmachine.com can model embarrassment...

    The Madden NFL 2013 simulation has the Ravens winning 27-24. Its correctly predicted 7 of the last 9 SB winners. We'll see which one is right this go around.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland