Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
Results 133 to 144 of 587
  1. #133
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    8,810
    Blog Entries
    4


    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I think that year was also a decent indicator of how a team like the Patriots can run the table on a relatively easy schedule.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    The ravens should've beat them if it wasn't for Rex's ill advised timeout.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk




  2. #134
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    26,365
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

    I think that year was also a decent indicator of how a team like the Patriots can run the table on a relatively easy schedule.

    IIRC, the best team they faced that year was the Colts and the steelers.

    Im just saying...until the rest of the AFC East fixes their shit, the Pats have damn near 6 wins by default.


    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  3. #135
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    26,365
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post

    The ravens should've beat them if it wasn't for Rex's ill advised timeout.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That was IMO Boller's best outing as a pro.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  4. #136
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    26,365
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post

    They beat 4 division champs, (Colts, Chargers, Steelers, Cowboys) along with the Super Bowl champs (Giants).
    I get that...I was more leaning towards them playing three teams that are constantly in the bottom of the league.

    Even still...I dont see what this has to do with Flacco now.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  5. #137

    Re: Flacco asking for Brees type money

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    If Cameron had been removed earlier, Joe might have already shown that he was worth what they are now going to have to pay him, from a statistical standpoint. Even still, we already knew the man was clutch, despite playing through a jackass'd administration of the Coryell system.
    I agree wholeheartedly. What I'm saying is that two major organizational decisions, especially the decision to keep Cameron on board despite the clear disconnect between him and Joe, negatively impacted Joe. Yet, for some posters, the brunt of everything still somehow falls on Joe. There's no doubt in my mind that CAMERON was the one who kept implementing inconsistent game plans, especially between home games and road games. "Communication problems" were often sited, but never resolved. Now, it seems hip to keep tossing out Joe's "inconsistency", as if repeating a lie over and over again is going to turn it into the truth. Joe had one bad game against the Broncos, and the Ravens as a team lost 3 games in a row. THAT'S IT. Other than that, Joe has been the MODEL of consistency. If anything, Cameron was inconsistent, and it affected everything on the offense, especially Joe. But for some unknown reason, that reality is constantly being ignored by certain posters. It's totally bassackward.
    Last edited by RavensRule21215; 01-29-2013 at 09:59 PM.




  6. #138
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    8,810
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    That was IMO Boller's best outing as a pro.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    That or the Green Bay Monday night game. I still would lean towards the ne game because they were obviously the best team being undefeated.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk




  7. #139

    Re: Flacco asking for Brees type money

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I get that...I was more leaning towards them playing three teams that are constantly in the bottom of the league.

    Even still...I dont see what this has to do with Flacco now.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Not much, just an erroneous statement comparing Eli to Flacco.




  8. #140

    Re: Flacco asking for Brees type money

    Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly. What I'm saying is that two major organizational decisions negatively impacted Joe, but for some posters, the brunt of everything still somehow falls on Joe, especially being saddled with Cam Cameron. CAMERON was the one who kept implementing inconsistent game plans, especially between home games and road games. "Communication problems" were often sited, but never resolved. Now, it seems hip to keep tossing out Joe's "inconsistency", as if repeating a lie over and over again is going to turn it into the truth. The truth is, Cameron was inconsistent, and it affected everything, especially Joe. But for some unknown reason, that reality is constantly being ignored by certain posters. It's totally bassackward.
    There's no way you can prove that Cameron was the sole problem. The only way you can prove that is if Joe IS consistent without Cameron. 3-4 games isn't enough to judge. And he looked very much the same in the first Denver game. I get there wasn't that much time for Caldwell, but the fact still remains.

    Joe has had great 3-4 game stretches before. I hope it is permanent but it's impossible to say that it will be. 2 quarters ago, this entire board was trashing Jim Caldwell for his playcalling and Joe for his inconsistency. You should have seen this board midway through the Pats game.




  9. #141
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    367

    Re: Flacco asking for Brees type money

    Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Wins is a terrible measuring stick for a QB. Up until last year, Sanchez had comparable win statistics through his first 3 years, including 2 AFC Championship appearances.

    The guy has earned his cash and if/when he wins the Super Bowl it will be a great feeling. However, 3-4 games of amazing play doesn't really assuage worries of inconsistency. The guy is a great QB and will be here for a long time.

    However, no one has enough information to say that Flacco has gotten over those consistency issues. 3 games is just not enough time. Which is why you have to base the contract on his entire body of work (0 Pro Bowls, never passed for more than 4000 yards, etc) rather than JUST the past 3 games. The past three games are important. Winning a Super Bowl is important. It's earned him a lot of money. But you can't discount his past inconsistency an,d at times, 'pedestrian' numbers just because he has had a strong playoff run.

    That's all I'm saying. The only way to prove he is a consistent QB is to be consistent. And he hasn't had enough time to do that. What if he comes out, god forbid, and throws 2 INTS and goes 12/30 for 170 yards in the Super Bowl? Is he still the 'consistent' QB that you project him to be?
    I wasn't referring to wins, I was using the obvious eye test that any football fan could use to assess Joe's level with. Even still the, 'until last year' part says to me that you've just proven my entire point. Even with all the stuff going on in the background with the organization, coaching changes and player changes Joe has stood fast and continued to help the Ravens win games. Sanchez in a word, hasn't. Boom.

    Pro Bowls? Oh, that thing that is based entirely off public perception? The same people who put all of the blame on Rahim Moore and give no credit to either Jacoby Jones or Flacco for the 70 yard, accurate bomb to tie it up with nary but less than a minute to win the game? Those people? Yea, that's a REAL bummer dude.

    Numbers mean almost nothing. Hey, Matt Ryan's numbers were great. Once again, using the eye test, it's pretty obvious that he plays in a nice comfy dome most of the year, plays against cupcake teams but when the game is on the line he melts like an ice cube in Arizona. Joe doesn't. The numbers may not belie that certainty but the playoffs sure do. Joe hasn't just done it in three games guy, he's been doing it for three years.

    If he comes out and throws a stinker, yup. He's still consistent. Weren't you JUST trumpeting that a few games can't decide the level of consistency or not? Over the last three years, he's been about as consistent as you can get at quarterback. Period. If he muffs up the Super Bowl, that doesn't take away how clutch he's been for the other five years he's played here. Unless your own logic is wrong?




  10. #142

    Re: Flacco asking for Brees type money

    Quote Originally Posted by rlh445 View Post
    I wasn't referring to wins, I was using the obvious eye test that any football fan could use to assess Joe's level with. Even still the, 'until last year' part says to me that you've just proven my entire point. Even with all the stuff going on in the background with the organization, coaching changes and player changes Joe has stood fast and continued to help the Ravens win games. Sanchez in a word, hasn't. Boom.

    Pro Bowls? Oh, that thing that is based entirely off public perception? The same people who put all of the blame on Rahim Moore and give no credit to either Jacoby Jones or Flacco for the 70 yard, accurate bomb to tie it up with nary but less than a minute to win the game? Those people? Yea, that's a REAL bummer dude.

    Numbers mean almost nothing. Hey, Matt Ryan's numbers were great. Once again, using the eye test, it's pretty obvious that he plays in a nice comfy dome most of the year, plays against cupcake teams but when the game is on the line he melts like an ice cube in Arizona. Joe doesn't. The numbers may not belie that certainty but the playoffs sure do. Joe hasn't just done it in three games guy, he's been doing it for three years.

    If he comes out and throws a stinker, yup. He's still consistent. Weren't you JUST trumpeting that a few games can't decide the level of consistency or not? Over the last three years, he's been about as consistent as you can get at quarterback. Period. If he muffs up the Super Bowl, that doesn't take away how clutch he's been for the other five years he's played here. Unless your own logic is wrong?
    He's been consistently above average sure, with spurts of greatness (2012 playoffs). He hasn't been consistently better than Peyton or Brady.

    And not that Pro Bowls are the end-all be-all, but they are voted on by the players as well.

    Has he ever been top 5 at his position? I'd say no. Why should he be paid as such?

    He's going to get paid and he should get paid. Should he get paid better than Peyton just because he had a better game than him? Absolutely not.
    Last edited by s.r.genovese; 01-29-2013 at 10:11 PM.




  11. #143
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    367

    Re: Flacco asking for Brees type money

    Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    He's been consistently above average sure, with spurts of greatness (2012 playoffs). He hasn't been consistently better than Peyton or Brady.

    Has he ever been top 5 at his position? I'd say no. Why should he be paid as such?

    He's going to get paid and he should get paid. Should he get paid better than Peyton just because he had a better game than him? Absolutely not.
    Who brought up Peyton or Brady? I didn't mention them in the original post you quoted, so why are you bringing them up? They're not even the guys whose contracts Joe's would be measured up against since he's so much younger.

    You obviously don't have to be a 'Top 5' at your position to get a big contract, look around at all the young QBs in the league. They're getting top dollar just for being young QBs even if they've never even been to the playoffs. You are making less and less sense to me lol.




  12. #144

    Re: Flacco asking for Brees type money

    Quote Originally Posted by rlh445 View Post
    Who brought up Peyton or Brady? I didn't mention them in the original post you quoted, so why are you bringing them up? They're not even the guys whose contracts Joe's would be measured up against since he's so much younger.

    You obviously don't have to be a 'Top 5' at your position to get a big contract, look around at all the young QBs in the league. They're getting top dollar just for being young QBs even if they've never even been to the playoffs. You are making less and less sense to me lol.

    The original point being made by Excellector was about how he outplayed Peyton and deserves a contract similar to his. I was originally refuting this idea.

    He'll get a big contract and he deserves one. He just doesn't deserve to be paid better than Peyton just because he outplayed him in a playoff game. You have to look at his whole body of work, which was my original point I think.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland