Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 27
  1. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    13,055
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Profootball Talk Anti-Ravens sentiment...



    Don't go to the site if you don't like it.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  2. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Posts
    2,675

    Re: Profootball Talk Anti-Ravens sentiment...

    He shits on everyone yes, but I don't think I've ever seen a positive article on us or any player. That's the difference.

    Apart from that, it's the first website I visit to find the latest news and rumours. Rarely use nfl.com, its even more biased.




  3. #15

    Re: Profootball Talk Anti-Ravens sentiment...

    Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    He shits on everyone yes, but I don't think I've ever seen a positive article on us or any player. That's the difference.

    Apart from that, it's the first website I visit to find the latest news and rumours. Rarely use nfl.com, its even more biased.
    That's not true at all.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  4. #16

    Re: Profootball Talk Anti-Ravens sentiment...

    Oh man.. haha




  5. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Posts
    2,675

    Re: Profootball Talk Anti-Ravens sentiment...

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    That's not true at all.
    How?




  6. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    22,423
    Oh give me a break.

    It as Florio who ran with the Ben rape allegations when ESPN wouldn't touch it so spare me the outrage.

    This is a classic case of shooting the messenger.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  7. #19

    Re: Profootball Talk Anti-Ravens sentiment...

    Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    How?
    It's not true that they never have any positive articles on the Ravens.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  8. #20

    Re: Profootball Talk Anti-Ravens sentiment...

    If I don't like the food or service at a restaurant, I don't go there. I wonder if that strategy could be applied to sports web sites?




  9. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Posts
    2,675

    Re: Profootball Talk Anti-Ravens sentiment...

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    It's not true that they never have any positive articles on the Ravens.
    I've yet to see one and as I said I check the site everyday, before any other site for news.




  10. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    13,055
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Profootball Talk Anti-Ravens sentiment...

    Peter King has a very interesting take on how America is sick of Ray Lewis and this is all a backlash. In my opinion Florio will publish anything that attracts eyeballs so he's more that willing to jump all over it.

    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...r_a1&eref=sihp

    Whenever I write about Lewis, a string of angry tweets and/or e-mails follow, asking how can I always gloss over the fact that Lewis was a murderer. I don't gloss over it, because you're innocent 'til proven guilty in this country, and Lewis was never convicted of murder, and so in my eyes he's not a murderer. Did something bad happen that night that we'll never know the full story about? Certainly. Was Lewis disingenuous with authorities about the case? Apparently, because of the obstruction-of-justice conviction. But it's pretty serious business to call a man a murderer, and no one has ever produced credible evidence that he is one. If you want to believe in his guilt for the killings, go ahead. I don't.

    But the one other facet of Lewis that has become very well-worn in the last month or so is his public display of emotion. In the Baltimore Sun Tuesday, columnist Mike Preston puts it this way: "This crying, praying, quoting Scripture and dropping to his knees during the past two games has gone too far. I believe Lewis is serious about his show of emotion. I will never question his commitment to Christianity or his love for God. But I've watched Lewis for 17 years, and while he is the ultimate team guy, he is also the ultimate 'I' guy. He loves his fellow players, but Ray Lewis loves him some Ray Lewis, which is why he talks about himself in the third person. He likes the theater and loves to be a showman, but when is enough, enough? Even within the past week, more Baltimore fans are being turned off by his behavior as the network cameras zoom in. Microphones and recorders collect his every word even though we're not sure what he is talking about at times.''
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  11. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Right Where I need to be
    Posts
    1,309

    Re: Profootball Talk Anti-Ravens sentiment...

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Peter King has a very interesting take on how America is sick of Ray Lewis and this is all a backlash. In my opinion Florio will publish anything that attracts eyeballs so he's more that willing to jump all over it.

    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...r_a1&eref=sihp

    Whenever I write about Lewis, a string of angry tweets and/or e-mails follow, asking how can I always gloss over the fact that Lewis was a murderer. I don't gloss over it, because you're innocent 'til proven guilty in this country, and Lewis was never convicted of murder, and so in my eyes he's not a murderer. Did something bad happen that night that we'll never know the full story about? Certainly. Was Lewis disingenuous with authorities about the case? Apparently, because of the obstruction-of-justice conviction. But it's pretty serious business to call a man a murderer, and no one has ever produced credible evidence that he is one. If you want to believe in his guilt for the killings, go ahead. I don't.

    But the one other facet of Lewis that has become very well-worn in the last month or so is his public display of emotion. In the Baltimore Sun Tuesday, columnist Mike Preston puts it this way: "This crying, praying, quoting Scripture and dropping to his knees during the past two games has gone too far. I believe Lewis is serious about his show of emotion. I will never question his commitment to Christianity or his love for God. But I've watched Lewis for 17 years, and while he is the ultimate team guy, he is also the ultimate 'I' guy. He loves his fellow players, but Ray Lewis loves him some Ray Lewis, which is why he talks about himself in the third person. He likes the theater and loves to be a showman, but when is enough, enough? Even within the past week, more Baltimore fans are being turned off by his behavior as the network cameras zoom in. Microphones and recorders collect his every word even though we're not sure what he is talking about at times.''
    Even Preston is trying to get CLICKS. He is one of the worst HACKS in the country. I dont even read his blowhard crap anymore. And when he is on the radio I change the channel.




  12. #24

    Re: Profootball Talk Anti-Ravens sentiment...

    Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    I've yet to see one and as I said I check the site everyday, before any other site for news.
    First what is your opinion of a "positive" article?

    Is an article quoting another player as saying Joe is elite positive? Because there was one of those within the last week.

    Is an article of Ray telling Joe that he was the general after winning positive? Because there was one of those lately too.

    There have been numerous articles within the last couple weeks regarding Joe and his contract and giving Joe props for all his leverage...is that not positive because it props up one of our players but points out that it will cost the team more money?

    I mean first, they are not a cheerleader website so there aren't a lot of praises really for any teams...the site does a few opinion pieces, but they are basically a larger version of rotoworld...they link articles regarding league matters. I said it before...every team fanbase thinks Florio hates their team including the Steelers.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland