Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 32
  1. #13

    Re: Flacco's stats playing in a true dome stadium



    I am pretty confident Flacco is going to have a huge game. I don't think scoring 30 points is a stretch at all. I keep hearing about how the 49ers and their god-like rookie QB are going to run all over the Ravens, but I think the real story should be can the 49ers defense stop Flacco? If the 49ers get into a big hole, Kaepernick will need to focus on passing and that will expose him to sacks and interceptions.




  2. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    22,093
    Small point of correction.

    Joe has played three times in Houston and only once with its roof closed.

    That was this year.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  3. #15

    Re: Flacco's stats playing in a true dome stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post


    I'd love to see him just send Torrey on a 9 route from the 20 yard line just to see if he can throw it 80 yards
    Awesome video. Matt Ryan with 62...




  4. #16

    Re: Flacco's stats playing in a true dome stadium

    That's pretty cool. I agree with Joe, had he thrown a tight spiral he could have had 80 yards.




  5. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Boston MA
    Posts
    767

    Re: Flacco's stats playing in a true dome stadium

    I am not sure how much those statistics matter. This is not an away game. The crowd may not be silent but it will not be nearly as hostile as it was in Houston earlier this year, or in any of the games Joe has played in a dome. For an offense, crowd noise in a dome is the factor you worry about most. There will be no "De-Fence" flashing up on the jumbo tron, no announcer screaming "Its 3rd down lets make some noise!" I think the lack of such distractions will help Joe. It cuts both ways, though, the SF offense will not have to deal with the M&T level noise.




  6. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by somedumbguy View Post
    I am not sure how much those statistics matter. This is not an away game. The crowd may not be silent but it will not be nearly as hostile as it was in Houston earlier this year, or in any of the games Joe has played in a dome. For an offense, crowd noise in a dome is the factor you worry about most. There will be no "De-Fence" flashing up on the jumbo tron, no announcer screaming "Its 3rd down lets make some noise!" I think the lack of such distractions will help Joe. It cuts both ways, though, the SF offense will not have to deal with the M&T level noise.
    Except that a dome completely nullifies all weather conditions, which is a big deal. In the Patriots game, balls were flying all over

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2




  7. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    8,592
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Flacco's stats playing in a true dome stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by CptJesus View Post
    Except that a dome completely nullifies all weather conditions, which is a big deal. In the Patriots game, balls were flying all over

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    There wont be 30+ mph winds like there was in Foxboro making Flacco's passes sail. Playing in a dome is a huge advantage for Flacco IMO. Read the quote from Flacco talking about the Dome in New Orleans I posted earlier: “The truth of the matter is, when I get in here and start throwing the ball around, you really get kind of excited about it just because you can tell the difference. The ball really goes in here and there are no real elements to deal with.”




  8. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    920

    Re: Flacco's stats playing in a true dome stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    There wont be 30+ mph winds like there was in Foxboro making Flacco's passes sail. Playing in a dome is a huge advantage for Flacco IMO. Read the quote from Flacco talking about the Dome in New Orleans I posted earlier: “The truth of the matter is, when I get in here and start throwing the ball around, you really get kind of excited about it just because you can tell the difference. The ball really goes in here and there are no real elements to deal with.”
    So, in all of this talk about lack of elements to effect him along with our receivers with great speed on the outside, it brings up a number of problems for the Niner defense.
    IF they decide on leaning to stop the run, it will leave one of their corners man to man on either Torrey Smith or Jacoby Jones. IF the Niners adjust and play cover-2, to bracket our wideouts, then it will be up to the Niner inside backers to cover everything over the middle...Boldin, Pitta, Dickson, Rice.

    If our offense can dictate what the defense has to do (adjust to our offense), the Niners will start back peddling and our run game will take off.

    So, this game will be dictated on how well our Oline plays...give Joe the time, and everything should open up.




  9. Re: Flacco's stats playing in a true dome stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post


    I'd love to see him just send Torrey on a 9 route from the 20 yard line just to see if he can throw it 80 yards
    That's OUR Flacco!




  10. #22

    Re: Flacco's stats playing in a true dome stadium

    You left out the playoff game in 2010 playoff against Indy.

    CMP ATT YDS CMP% AVG LNG TD INT QBR RAT
    20 35 189 57.1 5.40 27 0 2 17.7 48.4




  11. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    8,592
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Flacco's stats playing in a true dome stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by RAPHENS View Post
    You left out the playoff game in 2010 playoff against Indy.

    CMP ATT YDS CMP% AVG LNG TD INT QBR RAT
    20 35 189 57.1 5.40 27 0 2 17.7 48.4
    In my initial post, I only included games in domes without a retractable roof. I believe Indy has the retractable roof.




  12. #24

    Re: Flacco's stats playing in a true dome stadium

    Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    This is why I respect dome QBs less. Perfect weather, perfect conditions, no wind.

    Makes Rodgers, Flacco, etc. all the more impressive IMO.

    Stafford, Brees and Ryan are all fine QBs, but I have no doubt their numbers are slightly higher due to the environment in which they play.
    Absolutely. Big respect to A-Rod and even Big Ben as well as Joe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post


    I'd love to see him just send Torrey on a 9 route from the 20 yard line just to see if he can throw it 80 yards
    Seen this before - but didn't realise that was that from opposing endzones or was tat from the 20 yard line?
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland