Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Results 85 to 96 of 104
  1. #85

    Re: What is really with the national angst about the Ravens/Baltimore? (long)



    I think you can add the Oakland fan base to hating us too. They had a pretty good team in 2000, until Goose landed on Gannon. He had a few choice words to say about that iovcer the years too.

    And given the knock-down, drag-out games we've played with them, we certainly haven't endeared ourselves to the Titans fan base either.




  2. #86

    Re: What is really with the national angst about the Ravens/Baltimore? (long)

    Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    IMO you're close on some of these, but no cigar.............

    Oh, and BTW, if the Ravens ever decide to devise a coat of arms for the team, I've got just the Latin motto for it: Oderint dum metuant.
    Great read. You should never be surprised or outraged by what you expect.




  3. #87

    Re: What is really with the national angst about the Ravens/Baltimore? (long)

    I think right now New England, Pittsburgh and Denver fans probably hate us the most.

    NY has always had a strong dislike, mostly because we kicked their asses in most important games.

    The New England hatred of us has taken on a sick kind of level though(see Katy Moody and others). Honestly that is one disturbed asshole fanbase.




  4. #88

    Re: What is really with the national angst about the Ravens/Baltimore? (long)

    I'm enjoying all of the things that has happened so far. Nothing upsets me because I have worked hard all my life and nothing came easy or was given to me. Kinda like the Ravens, they have achieved more this year by being tough and resilient. Hope their season ends with a trophy and the media sulking away,trying to explain how they were wrong. Media looking like asses is truly made my season. GO RAVENS!




  5. #89

    Re: What is really with the national angst about the Ravens/Baltimore? (long)

    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/2...for-super-trip

    Even the positive article by Pete Prisco about the Ravens young players takes two shots at Ray Lewis.

    Prisco has always been negative about Ray. In week 1 Ray had 14 tackles, 1 sack, 1 FF and Prisco quickly tweeted how they were all "10 yards down field".

    The truth is 8 of the tackles were within 3 yards of the line of scrimmage but it was something convenient for him to say knowing that the vast majority if people would never actually look it up.




  6. #90
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Balmer Merlin Hon
    Posts
    2,997
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What is really with the national angst about the Ravens/Baltimore? (long)

    Quote Originally Posted by bensmotorcyclehelmt View Post
    I think you can add the Oakland fan base to hating us too. They had a pretty good team in 2000, until Goose landed on Gannon. He had a few choice words to say about that iovcer the years too.

    And given the knock-down, drag-out games we've played with them, we certainly haven't endeared ourselves to the Titans fan base either.
    Points well taken, consider them added. Fans of the Thumbtacks-En-Fuego are likely particularly put out because after having lost the Big One by one freakin' yard to the Lambs the year before, the Ravens had the audacity to literally rip their return trip right out of their arms.

    And in the process of derailing the Rayduhs' quest for the Lombardi in 2000-01 the Ravens also managed to take from them something they cherished that no one else particularly wanted--the reputation as the bad boys of the league. Nowadays when you ask fans under the age of 50 for a 1-word description of the silver&black you are much less likely to get "bad-ass" or equivalent than "joke" or equivalent. Like I said, not a particularly desirable distinction, but when you're a gritty hardscrabble poor relation of the glittering tourist trap right on the other side of the Bay, you take whatever niche you can find & learn to like it, I spoze. Not that Baltimoreans would know anything about that... (Then again, I wonder how many real hardcore Raiders fans are secretly hoping the Ravens kick the living crap out of their crosswater rivals.)




  7. #91
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    8,572
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyboy8152 View Post
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/2...for-super-trip

    Even the positive article by Pete Prisco about the Ravens young players takes two shots at Ray Lewis.

    Prisco has always been negative about Ray. In week 1 Ray had 14 tackles, 1 sack, 1 FF and Prisco quickly tweeted how they were all "10 yards down field".

    The truth is 8 of the tackles were within 3 yards of the line of scrimmage but it was something convenient for him to say knowing that the vast majority if people would never actually look it up.
    Prisco has a personal vendetta against ray.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk




  8. #92

    Re: What is really with the national angst about the Ravens/Baltimore? (long)

    Any idea why?

    It seems like everyone (Tim Ryan, Prisco, Toomer, Florio, etc) are getting their shots in. As if they bottled them up for 12 years.

    Will Smith (Saints DE) was being interviewed by Tim Ryan on NFL Radio about his thoughts in the SB matchup. Ryan's question pertaining to Ray went something like this:

    Ryan: "How do you feel about how exploited Lewis is going be on Sunday? I've watched him and he is a total liability out there and doesn't help in any facet of the game."

    Smith was taken aback when answering and defended Ray saying he has been fine and that Ryan was going overboard.




  9. #93
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    8,572
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyboy8152 View Post
    Any idea why?

    It seems like everyone (Tim Ryan, Prisco, Toomer, Florio, etc) are getting their shots in. As if they bottled them up for 12 years.

    Will Smith (Saints DE) was being interviewed by Tim Ryan on NFL Radio about his thoughts in the SB matchup. Ryan's question pertaining to Ray went something like this:

    Ryan: "How do you feel about how exploited Lewis is going be on Sunday? I've watched him and he is a total liability out there and doesn't help in any facet of the game."

    Smith was taken aback when answering and defended Ray saying he has been fine and that Ryan was going overboard.
    I don't really know. Yeah ray isn't the same but he's playing at a high level for being 37 and injured.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk




  10. #94
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Posts
    546
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What is really with the national angst about the Ravens/Baltimore? (long)

    Appreciate the comments folks. Busy day so I'm just now getting back on and haven't had a chance to read all of them. I realize that this was more of a vent or rant than anything so apologies for coming off too strong maybe. But bottom line, I'm proud as hell to be a Baltimorean and a Raven fan --and if uninformed/ignorant people want to downtalk my city or my team I won't exactly take it with a smile on my face.




  11. #95

    Re: What is really with the national angst about the Ravens/Baltimore? (long)

    When friends find out I now live in MD, they automatically think of The Wire. Sadly people who have never visited this state thinks that Baltimore is a good representation of MD and that The Wire is a good representation of Baltimore. No one would want to root for a city as corrupt as the city of Baltimore is presented on that show.

    On top of that, you guys have Ray, who is seen as a huge hypocrite to 99% of the population outside of MD.

    That's probably why you guys are getting sh!tted on by the national media.




  12. #96
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    11,282
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: What is really with the national angst about the Ravens/Baltimore? (long)

    They've hated us since the Browns moved here.

    Then there was the Ray thing and that made it even worse. they've always hated us since we blasted our way back
    in the NFL but always works for us and will again on Sunday.
    UBER RAVENS FAN AND HISTORIAN GURU.
    THE BITCH IS DEAD - JAMES BOND.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland