Results 1 to 3 of 3
02-04-2013, 03:25 AM #1On The Practice Squad
- Join Date
- Sep 2011
- Daniel Island, SC
A couple plays that may have gone unnoticed
1. How about the hustle of Upshaw on the fumble by James? He makes a diving attempt at a tackle behind the line, which James avoids. He gets right back up, hustles back to the play, and forces the fumble.
2. On the same play, Art Jones' awareness made a difference. There were 3 separate 49ers closer to the ball on the ground than he was, but they all just stopped, assuming the play was over, which allowed Jones to dive on the ball.
3. On the big Gore run on that last drive, Ellerbe saved the TD by hustling until the end of the play and taking a great angle. He was caught behind the play, but sprinted to the 5 yard line faster than Gore, and ultimately ushered him out of bounds, setting up the goal line stand.
02-04-2013, 09:48 AM #2On The Practice Squad
- Join Date
- Jan 2007
- Lexington, KY
Re: A couple plays that may have gone unnoticed
4) Koch chasing down Ginn on the punt return, perfectly played last line of defense and great hustle.
5) One play that really impressed me was on a Kapernick scramble to the outside, he was one on one with Ellerbe. Instead of attacking and getting beat and giving up a big play Ellerbe ran parallel with him and gave up maybe 4 or 5 yards. Real smart play again, last line of defense.
02-04-2013, 09:51 AM #3