Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
Results 109 to 120 of 140

Thread: Who to keep

  1. #109

    Re: Who to keep



    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Agree on Ellerbe...

    Reed is worth maybe 3 years $10m at this point in his career. And he won't take that. He will retire, perhaps against his wishes, because I don't see him swallowing his pride and accepting the cheap offers he receives.
    Reed isnt retiring, RUMOR is he hasnt been that good about holding onto his money. Most players go bankrupt within 4-5 years after their career is over. Ed will be playing somewhere next year, hopefully as a Raven. This is one the reasons he always asks for more money.




  2. #110

    Re: Who to keep

    Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Reed isnt retiring, RUMOR is he hasnt been that good about holding onto his money. Most players go bankrupt within 4-5 years after their career is over. Ed will be playing somewhere next year, hopefully as a Raven. This is one the reasons he always asks for more money.
    I've hear the exact opposite re: Reed's money. He has a JO like cheapskate reputation.

    But you point out he asks for a raise every year, yet expect him to be back for half or less then what he made this year? I certainly don't see ANYONE paying him CLOSE to what he made this year. He'sa very limited player at this stage in his career, and by that, I mean that he avoids contact at all costs....




  3. #111

    Re: Who to keep

    Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Reed isnt retiring, RUMOR is he hasnt been that good about holding onto his money.
    Just a rumour so.

    Kevin Van Valkenburg wrote an article on Reed just a week or so ago that has him excellent at managing money.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012...ng-plain-sight




  4. #112
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Balmer Merlin Hon
    Posts
    2,802
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Who to keep

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Raven View Post
    Just a rumour so.
    Consider the source.
    Kevin Van Valkenburg wrote an article on Reed just a week or so ago that has him excellent at managing money.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012...ng-plain-sight
    Again, consider the source--KVV has been one of the most reliable columnists since he started with the Sun.




  5. #113
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Behind enemies lines Shitsburgh
    Posts
    800

    Re: Who to keep

    Joe Flacco should be #1. Ellerbe should be second. IMO, they both stay a Raven. I'm really hoping anyway. I feel Joe will be signed early. Ellerbe is a must.
    I would hope Bmac signs for a year or two too.

    Paul K is gone. Much love to him. I think Hamilton or a vet or rookie can be situational pass rusher next year. I'm sure Oz will have a plan.

    Reed, what a Raven !! Would love for him to retire a Raven, and I think somehow he will. I'm hoping like most, but I'm afraid someone will get Reed for a lot more money. The nfl, someone will overpay.

    I have mad faith in Ozzie, he has pieced these teams together somehow , every year. IMO, The last two or three years our organization has grown to be a top organization in my eyes. I'm super proud of the Raven organization I think they will figure it out somehow.

    Go Ravens, Super Bowl Champions RAVENS




  6. #114
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Wilmington, North Carolina
    Posts
    2,304
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Who to keep

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Wrong... Reed's tag would be around $9m. The safety tag may be under $7m, but the franchise tag guarantees you a 20% raise over your previous cap number.

    Honestly, JKruger vs Reed... Neither. Neither will be worth what they will take at this point in time.
    Doesn't the 20% depend on exclusive vs non-exclusive, or whether he's had the non-exclusive 2 years in a row? It's confusing to me and I am never quite sure about these things, but I am pretty sure he wasn't tagged last year, so the back to back wouldn't apply.

    In any event, this afternoon Oz came out and said he wasn't going to tag Reed. So that's that I guess! Though I do think we'll re-sign him, possibly as some have said, after letting him see what kinds of numbers are actually out there. It's all well and good for Belichick to blow sunshine up Reed's ass all day long, but we'll see how much actual money he'll be willing to blow up Reed's ass.

    Agree Kruger is not terribly likely as a re-sign, but he may not see what he wants on the market. Really only the one good season, and that only kicked in once Suggs got back healthy opposite him to command double teams. Not a lot of teams can use him to good effect like the Ravens can.

    So we have to hope the market recognizes that fact, no one bites on his 9million+ demand, and maybe we get him at a realistic salary. MAYBE.....
    No one likes us, and we don't care.




  7. #115
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    8,480
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Who to keep

    Quote Originally Posted by bmore finest View Post
    Joe Flacco should be #1. Ellerbe should be second. IMO, they both stay a Raven. I'm really hoping anyway. I feel Joe will be signed early. Ellerbe is a must.
    I would hope Bmac signs for a year or two too.

    Paul K is gone. Much love to him. I think Hamilton or a vet or rookie can be situational pass rusher next year. I'm sure Oz will have a plan.

    Reed, what a Raven !! Would love for him to retire a Raven, and I think somehow he will. I'm hoping like most, but I'm afraid someone will get Reed for a lot more money. The nfl, someone will overpay.

    I have mad faith in Ozzie, he has pieced these teams together somehow , every year. IMO, The last two or three years our organization has grown to be a top organization in my eyes. I'm super proud of the Raven organization I think they will figure it out somehow.

    Go Ravens, Super Bowl Champions RAVENS
    I'm with you on this. Get the Flacco deal done and hopefully get something done with Ellerbe. I'm confident in Ozzie. People constantly doubt him, but he always makes the clutch moves. He's one of if not the best GM in football.




  8. #116
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Wilmington, North Carolina
    Posts
    2,304
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Who to keep

    Out of the RFA's I think we have to tender

    1. Pitta
    2. Art Jones

    We probably should/will tender

    3. Morgan Cox
    4. Dickson (not my preference, but falls under "likely" -- who knows, Caldwell may make better use, we can hope...)
    5. David Reed?????

    Then probably non tender (I hope)

    6. Harewood
    7. Emmanuel Cook
    No one likes us, and we don't care.




  9. #117
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Wilmington, North Carolina
    Posts
    2,304
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Who to keep

    Out of the ERFA's, I'm guessing.

    Definite tenders

    1. Bynes
    2. Adrian Hamilton

    Likely tenders

    3. McClellan
    4. Rainey


    Maybe??

    5. Anthony Allen (because of his ST's work)
    6. Omar Brown
    7. Bryan Hall (we lack depth on DL, not sure what he gives us or what his tender would be)

    Not So Much

    8. Damien Berrry
    9. Levine
    No one likes us, and we don't care.




  10. #118

    Re: Who to keep

    Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    Doesn't the 20% depend on exclusive vs non-exclusive, or whether he's had the non-exclusive 2 years in a row? It's confusing to me and I am never quite sure about these things, but I am pretty sure he wasn't tagged last year, so the back to back wouldn't apply.

    In any event, this afternoon Oz came out and said he wasn't going to tag Reed. So that's that I guess! Though I do think we'll re-sign him, possibly as some have said, after letting him see what kinds of numbers are actually out there. It's all well and good for Belichick to blow sunshine up Reed's ass all day long, but we'll see how much actual money he'll be willing to blow up Reed's ass.

    Agree Kruger is not terribly likely as a re-sign, but he may not see what he wants on the market. Really only the one good season, and that only kicked in once Suggs got back healthy opposite him to command double teams. Not a lot of teams can use him to good effect like the Ravens can.

    So we have to hope the market recognizes that fact, no one bites on his 9million+ demand, and maybe we get him at a realistic salary. MAYBE.....
    I'm quite sure the tag guarantees a 20% raise even if it is yoru first tag...

    Kruger, will get paid... May not be 5/45 like he wants, but doubt it will be lower then 4/30 which is still double what we can afford. Indy is sure to be in on it, amongst others.

    I really jsut don't see Ed being offerred more then MAYBE $4m a year, nor him taking under $7m....




  11. #119

    Re: Who to keep

    Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    Out of the ERFA's, I'm guessing.

    Definite tenders

    1. Bynes
    2. Adrian Hamilton

    Likely tenders

    3. McClellan
    4. Rainey


    Maybe??

    5. Anthony Allen (because of his ST's work)
    6. Omar Brown
    7. Bryan Hall (we lack depth on DL, not sure what he gives us or what his tender would be)

    Not So Much

    8. Damien Berrry
    9. Levine
    While I have been talking about moving on from a few RFA's(Dickson, Harewood, David Reed) I can't see any reason not to offer an ERFA contract to each and every one. There is nothing guaranteed about the smallest contracts you can pay out. It's basically a camp invite tied to an absolute minimum contract. They always all get contracts, from what I can tell. Sure many or most could find themselves looking for work week 1, but they'll get contracts.




  12. #120
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Wilmington, North Carolina
    Posts
    2,304
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Who to keep

    As far as our "lesser" UFA's I'd like to see us keep

    1. Ihedigbo (filled in OK at both safety positions and plays well enough on ST's to justify a slot)

    After that, it's a toss up for me on guys like

    2. McBean
    3. Considine
    4. Kemo (again with the D Line depth...)
    5. Ricky Brown
    6. Bajema
    7. Chris Johnson

    Can't say the last three make much difference, and we'll need room to bring on those draft picks, assuming for the moment we keep all eleven draft picks.

    I don't know a thing about McBean, though to the little bit I heard/read about him, he seemed a decent depth bargain. Who knows? Considine is a Harbs favorite so he's probably back (hard to argue with the way the ST's blocked for Jacoby) and Kemo, I guess he did well enough for the price, and until we stock up more DL depth I suppose we can't write him off for 2013 just yet.
    No one likes us, and we don't care.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland