Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 21
  1. #1

    Dean Pees deserves a lot of credit



    there's no way the ravens had the defensive talent to beat the 49ers. the interior line was weak especially without nghata and as much as i love ray he has been done for a while pertaining to pass coverage.

    pees defensive calls on the ravens last stand in the Super Bowl to run blitz and make the qb beat our secondary from 7 yards out was top notch management.




  2. #2

    Re: Dan Pees deserves a lot of credit

    If he gets credit, I would give even MORE credit to Dean Pees.




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Westminster - Raventown, MD!
    Posts
    13,010
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Dan Pees deserves a lot of credit

    Yeah, is Dan Pees like Dean Pees' father?

    Did he coach with Jack Harbaugh's dad?

    LOL
    .
    .
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.


    Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!




  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    22,093
    I corrected the title ....

    And I'm not going to give Pees as much credit as some.

    That defense, all through the playoffs, gave up way too many yards (and points in the Super Bowl). Yes, that goal line stand was amazing but I viewed that as more of a player victory than a coaching one.

    Hopefully, younger and faster talent is the solution there.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  5. #5

    Re: Dean Pees deserves a lot of credit

    I gave him a LOT of crap early in the year for playing nothing but Soft AZZ zones, and giving up too many plays underneath with is playcalling, and while it still kind of occurred, I will give him props for calling what he needed to to keep teams out of the endzone more often then not.




  6. #6

    Re: Dean Pees deserves a lot of credit

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Yes, that goal line stand was amazing but I viewed that as more of a player victory than a coaching one.
    It was both. The decision to make a second year QB beat you with his arm rather than let them pound it in was the perfect choice. Kap panicked and locked onto his primary each time, allowing the Ravens to easily defend. Bringing the house on the last play after laying back on the previous two was perfect.




  7. #7

    Re: Dean Pees deserves a lot of credit

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I corrected the title ....

    And I'm not going to give Pees as much credit as some.

    That defense, all through the playoffs, gave up way too many yards (and points in the Super Bowl). Yes, that goal line stand was amazing but I viewed that as more of a player victory than a coaching one.

    Hopefully, younger and faster talent is the solution there.
    It's a mixed bag of credit and blame. I think Pees made a lot of good playcalls (the zero blitzes on the goal line in the SB were perfect) and put together a lot of good gameplans.

    The thing is... Pees' preferred base pass defense is quarters coverage. That puts a lot of pressure on your LBs to cover the short zones, and that was a miserable matchup of defensive scheme to personnel. Blame Pees for not getting away from it, I guess. I personally hate quarters coverage, I think we would do better playing more 2-deep press man.




  8. #8

    Re: Dean Pees deserves a lot of credit

    Pees did a great job once players got healthy and incorporating new peices. Remember he lost Webb, Suggs was maybe 3/4's of himself for half the year, Ngata hurt, down 3 Mlb's, down Jimmy Smith and Pollard was hurt. Then got shit play from the guys in the middle in Cody and Kemo. Plus Mcphee was injured most of the season. They finished strong is what mattered vs good offenses.
    They lost also....Redding, Mckinney and JJ to start to FA. I think he really turned it around, with as "buck would say" alot of moving parts.




  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Arbutus
    Posts
    1,314

    Re: Dean Pees deserves a lot of credit

    Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Pees did a great job once players got healthy and incorporating new peices. Remember he lost Webb, Suggs was maybe 3/4's of himself for half the year, Ngata hurt, down 3 Mlb's, down Jimmy Smith and Pollard was hurt. Then got shit play from the guys in the middle in Cody and Kemo. Plus Mcphee was injured most of the season. They finished strong is what mattered vs good offenses.
    They lost also....Redding, Mckinney and JJ to start to FA. I think he really turned it around, with as "buck would say" alot of moving parts.
    Suggs was never better than 50%. Tops




  10. #10

    Re: Dean Pees deserves a lot of credit

    I gave him criticism when I felt that his defensive schemes were too soft. I have to give him credit now for his play-calling in the postseason. Both Peyton Manning and Tom Brady admitted, in their post game conferences, that the Ravens defenses threw them an array of looks that caused confusion. That takes coaching skill.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  11. #11

    Re: Dean Pees deserves a lot of credit

    Isnt it funny how much shit Mattison took while he was dc? Really, from 08 (ryan) to 11(matt. and pag) was one of the best defensive runs weve made, ranking wise. Pagano was looked at as a savior, and got a HC job. Mattison was basically run out of town. but those years, the d was pratically the same.




  12. #12

    Re: Dean Pees deserves a lot of credit

    Pees deserves credit, Pollard deserves a medal if he broke his ribs on the 9ers first offensive possesion. Defense played like they did all year, bend but not break. Jim harbaugh and his OC deserve a lot of credit for calling the wrong plays(passing on 2,3,and 4th downs?). Pistol offense would have scored and made it a much more exciting game. Surely Flacco moves down the field for the winning fieldgoal..LOL Tucker would have been a hero.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland