Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Results 73 to 83 of 83
  1. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,109
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Prediction Thread!!!: Who Stays? Who Goes? Who Arrives?



    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    That doesn't mean a CB can't contact a WR coming into his zone and, thus, be draped all over him.
    Well thats why we have Boldin, Pitta, and Smith, and most likely a new rookie for that. Jacoby is purely meant for stretching the field and giving the defense something to think about when he's on the field, he isn't supposed to be our go to guy in the clutch.




  2. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,109
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Prediction Thread!!!: Who Stays? Who Goes? Who Arrives?

    I haven't listed mine yet, but here's my prediction right now:

    Stays:
    Flacco, Reed, McKinnie, Kruger

    Leaves:
    Birk, B Williams, Leach, Kemo, Ellerbe, Ayanbedajo




  3. #75

    Re: Prediction Thread!!!: Who Stays? Who Goes? Who Arrives?

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Well thats why we have Boldin, Pitta, and Smith, and most likely a new rookie for that. Jacoby is purely meant for stretching the field and giving the defense something to think about when he's on the field, he isn't supposed to be our go to guy in the clutch.
    So why not bring in Moss who can be that guy in the clutch. If somebody gets hurt and you have to rely on Jones to be more of a factor, you are going to be disappointed. Whereas, Moss still garners more respect in coverage and can bring an element of unpredictability to your offense. Where, you don't know if he's the first read or Smith, or Boldin for that matter. You don't have that with Jones right now.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  4. #76
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,109
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Prediction Thread!!!: Who Stays? Who Goes? Who Arrives?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    So why not bring in Moss who can be that guy in the clutch. If somebody gets hurt and you have to rely on Jones to be more of a factor, you are going to be disappointed. Whereas, Moss still garners more respect in coverage and can bring an element of unpredictability to your offense. Where, you don't know if he's the first read or Smith, or Boldin for that matter. You don't have that with Jones right now.
    Well I'm not sure if Moss is even clutch anymore lol, where was he in the SB?

    Jacoby had two huge plays.




  5. #77

    Re: Prediction Thread!!!: Who Stays? Who Goes? Who Arrives?

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Well I'm not sure if Moss is even clutch anymore lol, where was he in the SB?

    Jacoby had two huge plays.
    One on a completely blown coverage and one as a returner. I'm talking strictly as a WR. Moss didn't have Flacco throwing him the ball. he had Kaepernick and they were too busy fiddling with their pistol and trying to throw to Crabtree, because it was documented that Kaepernick struggles throwing to the intermediate-deep sidelines, where Moss is best. Coincidentally, that are is also were Flacco is best.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  6. #78

    Re: Prediction Thread!!!: Who Stays? Who Goes? Who Arrives?

    Moss was an afterthought. Jacoby is in his prime, no GM in their right mind would swap the two.




  7. #79
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    2,224
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Prediction Thread!!!: Who Stays? Who Goes? Who Arrives?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    One on a completely blown coverage and one as a returner. I'm talking strictly as a WR. Moss didn't have Flacco throwing him the ball. he had Kaepernick and they were too busy fiddling with their pistol and trying to throw to Crabtree, because it was documented that Kaepernick struggles throwing to the intermediate-deep sidelines, where Moss is best. Coincidentally, that are is also were Flacco is best.
    Actually, it wasn't a blown coverage. He just completely beat the CB. Jones made a quick move inside Culliver bit then pushed it up field and left him in the dust.

    Did Jones not beat coverage to score what should have been the game sealing TD vs Philly? Did he not beat coverage vs the Pats to get a PI which set us up for the game winning FG? Not even going to mention the plays during the playoffs, and all of his ST's TD's. And you want to give that up for a retirement home player?
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"




  8. #80
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    840

    Re: Prediction Thread!!!: Who Stays? Who Goes? Who Arrives?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I've heard that before
    And you will keep hearing it.




  9. #81
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    840

    Re: Prediction Thread!!!: Who Stays? Who Goes? Who Arrives?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Better hands
    Better in tight coverage
    Veteran presence
    Demands safety help
    Less expensive.

    If you ask Jones to make the catch to win the game with a CB draped all over him he's not going to do it. Moss will. This offense would even ascend to another level. Jones is good in his 'role'. Jones wouldn't be nearly as good if he were the second, or even third passing option in this offense, on a consistent basis.
    Then why didn't they throw it to sure thing Moss to win the Super Bowl instead of going to Crabtree all night? What did Moss do in the Super Bowl that let you know he was even playing? It's almost as if you think he's still in his prime the way you speak greatness of him. Tom Brady made Moss's last comeback what it was. He hasn't done squat since leaving Brady!!! Jones left the Texans and helped the Ravens win the Super Bowl. I'll take the current WR's over Moss any day at this point in his career. I don't think any decent CB is scared of Moss anymore. He may be able to school a rookie or two, but most decent CB's can contain him. The stats you posted proves he's no longer a threat




  10. #82
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    12,274
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Prediction Thread!!!: Who Stays? Who Goes? Who Arrives?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    Why we would even want Moss over Jones is beyond me??
    It's just 1 poster pushing for Moss. The 49ers aren't even interested in him coming back. The Ravens won't be calling.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  11. #83

    Re: Prediction Thread!!!: Who Stays? Who Goes? Who Arrives?

    Moss?? LOL. I would rather stick with a versatile, explosive WR/KR than a one trick pony, shell of his former shelf past his prime veteran on his last legs.

    As for the intent of the thread, I say Cary Williams, Kruger, Mckinnie will be gone via (free agency). Bobbie Williams and Birk gone via retirement. Ellerbe, Reed, Leach and Boldin stay. In addition high tenders will be placed on Pitta and Dickson.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland