Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 85 to 96 of 148
  1. #85
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    26,391
    Blog Entries
    3


    Quote Originally Posted by GaTechRavens View Post
    Cool to see a Metric shoutout in the OP. I've been getting into them more recently.

    Even though they've been around since the '90s, I wasn't all that familiar with the Wallflowers until their release a few months ago. I've been a huge fan ever since.

    YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZMt6a4SeR8
    A co worker turned me on to them about 3 months ago and I've really enjoyed their stuff.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  2. #86

    Re: What music are you guys into this off season?

    Not sure if anyone here is into hip hop or not.. but...

    This guy Kendrick Lamar is Nice, very Nice. His debut album has to be one of the best mainstream albums in years. I wouldn't call it a modern Day "Illmatic", but man that album is nice.

    Also kid named "Joey Badass" 18 year old kid that spits well well beyond his Age.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb





  3. #87
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    26,391
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Oldies but goodies Rock and Country and Big Band music especially IN THE MOOD and SING, SING, SING which has
    the best drum roll you ever heard.

    I just talked to a lady who eats with my mom at their assistive living place and her husband was a big band leader. She
    has quite a lot of stories to tell. Her husband played for Benny Goodman and Glen Miller. Goodman helped him get his
    own orchestra. She still has thousands of songs, almost every thing put out. They're in storage and probably damaged.
    Big Band is great.

    You can never go wrong with Sinatra, Dean, and the rest of those guys.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  4. #88

    Re: What music are you guys into this off season?

    Last, and definitely not least, maybe my current favorite artist, "Ab Soul".... This dude is magic. He had IMO what was maybe the most underrated hip hop album of the last decade. Gotta give this dude a listen. Whether you're a hip hop fan or not.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb





  5. #89
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    26,391
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    Not sure if anyone here is into hip hop or not.. but...

    This guy Kendrick Lamar is Nice, very Nice. His debut album has to be one of the best mainstream albums in years. I wouldn't call it a modern Day "Illmatic", but man that album is nice.

    Also kid named "Joey Badass" 18 year old kid that spits well well beyond his Age. YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51e1gIkzHgk
    No more Lupe Fiasco bleed?

    You know I love hip hop.

    I just found my old Onyx, Naughty By Nature, and Lords of the Underground cassette tapes.

    I am going to see if I can find them to dl or buy the cd.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  6. #90

    Re: What music are you guys into this off season?

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    No more Lupe Fiasco bleed?

    You know I love hip hop.

    I just found my old Onyx, Naughty By Nature, and Lords of the Underground cassette tapes.

    I am going to see if I can find them to dl or buy the cd.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Haha you remember that? dang!, I've been knowing you guys do dang long lol.. Nah man I'm not nearly as big a fan as i was. His last two albums, i wouldn't recommend to a deaf penguin, complete trash.. His first two albums i must admit i still find myself listening to every now and then.

    Yeah man your best bet to get the older tapes are ebay.. That's the only place i find older artist like Rakim, and KRS 1's CD.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb





  7. #91

    Re: What music are you guys into this off season?

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Big Band is great.

    You can never go wrong with Sinatra, Dean, and the rest of those guys.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Only 43 here but have some Frank, Dean, Sammie, Elvis and Tony B on my IPOD. Also have everything from Eminem and Nas to Disturbed, Slipknot and Black Sabbath.

    For me its all about whatever mood I am in or want to be in. If I am pissed sometimes something mellow like Coldplay, Flogging Molly, Mumford and Sons etc.... will help chill me out. If working out its something different like Metal, Hip Hop or some techno (Prodigy, Tiesto, Armin van Buuren etc) ...... Dunno if anyone else is like that but thats kinda how I roll at least.
    A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,
    -Ray Lewis




  8. #92
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    26,391
    Blog Entries
    3
    Old school:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ADgC...e_gdata_player

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  9. #93
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    26,391
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    Haha you remember that? dang!, I've been knowing you guys do dang long lol.. Nah man I'm not nearly as big a fan as i was. His last two albums, i wouldn't recommend to a deaf penguin, complete trash.. His first two albums i must admit i still find myself listening to every now and then.

    Yeah man your best bet to get the older tapes are ebay.. That's the only place i find older artist like Rakim, and KRS 1's CD.
    KRS-1.

    I am absolutely looking for him tonight.

    I still like kick push by Lupe.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  10. #94
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    26,391
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post

    Only 43 here but have some Frank, Dean, Sammie, Elvis and Tony B on my IPOD. Also have everything from Eminem and Nas to Disturbed, Slipknot and Black Sabbath.

    For me its all about whatever mood I am in or want to be in. If I am pissed sometimes something mellow like Coldplay, Flogging Molly, Mumford and Sons etc.... will help chill me out. If working out its something different like Metal, Hip Hop or some techno (Prodigy, Tiesto, Armin van Buuren etc) ...... Dunno if anyone else is like that but thats kinda how I roll at least.
    I bought Fat if The Land when it first came out on cd. Wrote a review of it for my high school newspaper.

    Wonder whatever happened to Prodigy?

    I am assuming you like crystal method then?

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  11. #95
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    26,391
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    Haha you remember that? dang!, I've been knowing you guys do dang long lol.. Nah man I'm not nearly as big a fan as i was. His last two albums, i wouldn't recommend to a deaf penguin, complete trash.. His first two albums i must admit i still find myself listening to every now and then.

    Yeah man your best bet to get the older tapes are ebay.. That's the only place i find older artist like Rakim, and KRS 1's CD.
    Ans you're right. We have all been on these boards for...well, for me about ten years. Doesnt seem that long.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  12. #96

    Re: What music are you guys into this off season?

    If I remember back to the Sunspot Music thread, Me, Bleed and a few other guys were really into hiphop

    Big Boi (other half of Outkast) released a dope LP called Vicious Lies and Dangerous Rumours

    Killer Mike (Dungeon Family, Outkast affiliate) released a REALLY underrated album with producer EL-P





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland