Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 27
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    8,519
    Blog Entries
    4

    Patriots DB Denard convicted of felony assault of a police officer







  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Toluca Lake, CA
    Posts
    1,058
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Patriots DB Denard convicted of felony assault of a police officer

    Nice find. It is possible they open with the Ravens next season also. It will effect them bigtime, with Talib a FA and now another corner likley out of the mix. This should effect thier draft and also thier FA plans and spending. It will have a major domino effect.




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    12,242
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Patriots DB Denard convicted of felony assault of a police officer

    They drafted him knowing this was possible. That's the reason why Denard fell to round 7. Most teams were scared off.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  4. #4

    Re: Patriots DB Denard convicted of felony assault of a police officer

    Sooooo...besides locking oneself in a home gym with a Xbox close by between January and May, stay the hell away from alcohol too.




  5. #5

    Re: Patriots DB Denard convicted of felony assault of a police officer

    Quote Originally Posted by Tolucaraven View Post
    Nice find. It is possible they open with the Ravens next season also. It will effect them bigtime, with Talib a FA and now another corner likley out of the mix. This should effect thier draft and also thier FA plans and spending. It will have a major domino effect.
    Don't worry. I took care of this in Leachisabeast's mock




  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Wilmington, North Carolina
    Posts
    2,313
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Patriots DB Denard convicted of felony assault of a police officer

    Six years? How did he "assault" this cop exactly, by running him over with a tractor-trailer? Good heavens. Generally speaking (because I'm sure there's a bucket of 'legal experts' dying to correct me at exhaustive length, which happens any time anybody makes any remote generalization on the internet about a legal matter) assaults are misdemeanors unless you use a weapon.

    Wonder what Dennard's prior criminal record looks like. If its clean he probably just gets some kind of probation.
    No one likes us, and we don't care.




  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Columbia, MD
    Posts
    570
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Patriots DB Denard convicted of felony assault of a police officer

    Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    Six years? How did he "assault" this cop exactly, by running him over with a tractor-trailer? Good heavens. Generally speaking (because I'm sure there's a bucket of 'legal experts' dying to correct me at exhaustive length, which happens any time anybody makes any remote generalization on the internet about a legal matter) assaults are misdemeanors unless you use a weapon.

    Wonder what Dennard's prior criminal record looks like. If its clean he probably just gets some kind of probation.
    Hitting a cop gets you a much harsher jail sentence than hitting someone who is not a cop.

    When they say 6 years, that is usually a maximum -- as in, he gets 6 years if he is the second coming of Scarface. What are Dennard's priors? I could see this as a 6-12 month sentence and then he gets released next spring. If that is the case, and IF he gets his head on straight, using a 7th round pick on him might not have been the worst move in the world.




  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,109
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Patriots DB Denard convicted of felony assault of a police officer

    My drunken cousin assaulted a police officer the other day and received a 50 pound fine and some community service, I very much doubt he spends any time inside, let alone 6 years.

    I know its different laws, but this would be totally outrageous if that was the sentence.




  9. #9

    Re: Patriots DB Denard convicted of felony assault of a police officer

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Hitting a cop gets you a much harsher jail sentence than hitting someone who is not a cop.
    Includes police dogs too in most states. Even if it's tearing into your leg at the time.




  10. #10

    Re: Patriots DB Denard convicted of felony assault of a police officer

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    My drunken cousin assaulted a police officer the other day and received a 50 pound fine and some community service, I very much doubt he spends any time inside, let alone 6 years.

    I know its different laws, but this would be totally outrageous if that was the sentence.
    TBF though, are UK laws/prosecution as harsh as the US' when it comes to these things?

    I know (sadly) NZ laws aren't.

    But yeah; 6 years is max. I'm with Hammerhead above and say he does anywhere from 6-12 months.
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.




  11. #11

    Re: Patriots DB Denard convicted of felony assault of a police officer

    Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Sooooo...besides locking oneself in a home gym with a Xbox close by between January and May, stay the hell away from alcohol too.
    The book is writing itself as we speak.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  12. #12

    Re: Patriots DB Denard convicted of felony assault of a police officer

    He won't do much time in jail, if any. But he will be suspended by the league. How many games we are talking about, I have no idea, but probably 2-4 games.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland