Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    NFL Ticket on PS3?



    Has anyone purchased this in the last couple seasons since it became available on the Playstation 3? In June I am moving to Durham, NC and I'm looking at options for viewing Ravens games. Turns out our new home is in an area that gets poor reception with Direct TV to the point that they won't even install a dish. At least that's what I was told. Anyway, my concerns about PS3 would be whether or not the feed is ever interrupted. Is it like streaming from the Internet? If so, I don't wanna waste my money. I have used Netflix on the PS3 and had no issues with that, but The NFL Ticket is much more expensive and want to do my homework before I commit. Any input would be much appreciated.




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    22,403
    Are you moving into an apartment or a house?

    If you have a clear view of the southern sky, DirecTV should be no problem.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  3. #3

    Re: NFL Ticket on PS3?

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Are you moving into an apartment or a house?

    If you have a clear view of the southern sky, DirecTV should be no problem.
    It's an apartment. We are only gonna be there for a year. The leasing office for the apartment told me they have had zero success with direcTV.




  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    2,269
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: NFL Ticket on PS3?

    I've used it. No problems ever with the feed. I use my laptop most of the time and just hook it up to the TV. No problems with either.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"




  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    22,403
    Quote Originally Posted by Tottenham Raven View Post
    It's an apartment. We are only gonna be there for a year. The leasing office for the apartment told me they have had zero success with direcTV.
    Yeah, you might be stuck with PS3.

    Good luck. Well worth it if you can work it out.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  6. #6

    Re: NFL Ticket on PS3?

    I have had it on the ps3 for the last two years. Last year the ravens had 6 or 7 games shown where I live (minneapolis) which is nice but made it a little harder to justify the price per game. Since it is streaming, the picture quality is not great but it is definitely watchable. The other negative is there is about a minute to a minute and a half delay. I talk to my dad a lot during games so it can be a bit irritating. But overall I've enjoyed having it.




  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Wilmington, North Carolina
    Posts
    2,468
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: NFL Ticket on PS3?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tottenham Raven View Post
    In June I am moving to Durham, NC
    You have my sympathies. Which part of Durham are you moving to -- Duke or the cow pasture?
    No one likes us, and we don't care.




  8. #8

    Re: NFL Ticket on PS3?

    Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    You have my sympathies. Which part of Durham are you moving to -- Duke or the cow pasture?
    Duke, my wife is doing a peds fellowship at the Eye Center. We got an apt. A few miles from campus. What do u have against Durham if u don't mind me asking. We've been down there 3 times and really liked it.




  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Tottenham Raven View Post
    Has anyone purchased this in the last couple seasons since it became available on the Playstation 3? In June I am moving to Durham, NC and I'm looking at options for viewing Ravens games. Turns out our new home is in an area that gets poor reception with Direct TV to the point that they won't even install a dish. At least that's what I was told. Anyway, my concerns about PS3 would be whether or not the feed is ever interrupted. Is it like streaming from the Internet? If so, I don't wanna waste my money. I have used Netflix on the PS3 and had no issues with that, but The NFL Ticket is much more expensive and want to do my homework before I commit. Any input would be much appreciated.
    I lived in San Diego the past three years and purchased Sunday Ticket through the PS3. It will ultimately depend on the level of Internet you subscribe to through your ISP. The faster the connection, the better the product.

    As an aside, for the last year I was out there, I lived directly under the flight path for Southwest. Every time a plane flew overhead, my feed would buffer. At times it was enough to make me want to throw the remote through the TV.




  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MD
    Posts
    104

    Re: NFL Ticket on PS3?

    From what I understand, if you get DirecTV from sams club, Sams Club will send techs out to get it to work. Of course with an apartment, you have less control. But if you can get an apartment facing southern sky, you will be in better shape. Good luck.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland