Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 42
  1. #1

    One thing I will always thank the front office for....



    If they hadn't talked Steve Bisciotti out of what he wanted to do, the Ravens would have ended up with.......................Matt Ryan!!!

    Oh no!!!!
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,551
    Blog Entries
    4

    Smile Re: One thing I will always thank the front office for....

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    If they hadn't talked Steve Bisciotti out of what he wanted to do, the Ravens would have ended up with.......................Matt Ryan!!!

    Oh no!!!!
    C'mon he's won a total of ONE playoff game, hasn't he? ... Bc




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    1,435

    Re: One thing I will always thank the front office for....

    I'll cut Ryan some slack. That is a flawed team around him. He's got some weapons at WR and TE yes, but they have no running game and their defense is highly suspect. They're actually a lot like the Saints. Switch Ryan and Flacco and I think we still get our ring this year (although I suppose you could make the argument that doing that would've cost us some of the assets that helped us win the SB due to the cost of trading up to get him).
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...





  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,317

    Re: One thing I will always thank the front office for....

    Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    I'll cut Ryan some slack. That is a flawed team around him. He's got some weapons at WR and TE yes, but they have no running game and their defense is highly suspect. They're actually a lot like the Saints. Switch Ryan and Flacco and I think we still get our ring this year (although I suppose you could make the argument that doing that would've cost us some of the assets that helped us win the SB due to the cost of trading up to get him).
    I disagree. Ryan is good but I don't think he is tough enough o has a strong enough arm to make the plays downfield Joe does.

    No way I see him making the two long Bombs in the Denver game (first and last TD's)
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    1,435

    Re: One thing I will always thank the front office for....

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I disagree. Ryan is good but I don't think he is tough enough o has a strong enough arm to make the plays downfield Joe does.

    No way I see him making the two long Bombs in the Denver game (first and last TD's)
    Fair enough. I think it's debatable, but I'm certainly not sorry we have Joe. I just think Ryan gets piled on a bit too much. Take him away and the Falcons are a 3-13 or 4-12 team. Take Flacco away and I think we could still fight for 7-9 wins.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...





  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    2,169

    Re: One thing I will always thank the front office for....

    Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    I'll cut Ryan some slack. That is a flawed team around him. He's got some weapons at WR and TE yes, but they have no running game and their defense is highly suspect. They're actually a lot like the Saints. Switch Ryan and Flacco and I think we still get our ring this year (although I suppose you could make the argument that doing that would've cost us some of the assets that helped us win the SB due to the cost of trading up to get him).
    Probably wouldn't have gotten Rice, so I say you can't make that assumption.




  7. #7

    Re: One thing I will always thank the front office for....

    Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    I'll cut Ryan some slack. That is a flawed team around him. He's got some weapons at WR and TE yes, but they have no running game and their defense is highly suspect. They're actually a lot like the Saints. Switch Ryan and Flacco and I think we still get our ring this year (although I suppose you could make the argument that doing that would've cost us some of the assets that helped us win the SB due to the cost of trading up to get him).
    I am going to have to go ahead and disagree with you. Matt Ryan wilted down the stretch against the 49ers. The fumble at the end of the third took 3 points off the board. Had Flacco had a turnover in the 4th quarter versus the 49ers and it may very well have ended the same way for the Ravens. Flacco came up big.




  8. #8

    Re: One thing I will always thank the front office for....

    Ryan would have been fine, coming out of BC he was known as the more Pro-Ready QB so I think we'd have been successful right off the back. I think,however, he's probably as good as he ever going to be (which is really good) while Flacco still has a chance to become even better. Flacco's ceiling is definitely higher than Ryans.




  9. #9

    Re: One thing I will always thank the front office for....

    I had the fortunate experience of watching both Ryan and Flacco in their senior seasons playing at College Park and Annapolis. Plus a few TV games for each guy. I concluded that Ryan was a lot of hype, but would become a run-of-the-mill former ACC QB in the NFL, while Flacco's arm and size/speed made him look like the next QB superstar, potentially in the league with Unitas, Montana, Elway etc.

    My opinion hasn't changed, much. Ryan's regular season performance has been better than I thought it would be, but not close to top tier.

    Ryan is blessed with a pair of outstanding WRs and TE, who make him appear better than he really is in regular season. When it counts: his playoff record has been downright embarrassing.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).




  10. #10

    Re: One thing I will always thank the front office for....

    Glad the front office doesn't pay attention to the haters and posters who know it all. Ryan will have to put his tean in the no 1 spot in order to get to the SB. Flacco has done it as a wild card and division winner. Ryan needs to stop choking and turning the ball over. I predict the falcons make post season, but as a wild card if they are lucky enough. Ryan will get hit more this year and gonzalez coming back won't help.
    Flacco is going to get better with Caldwell and the new Oline coach. Having another year with the same receivers and TEs will be awesome. Don't be surprised if the fantasy guys get shocked this year. Watch how many talking heads proclaim they knew Flacco was elite and is going to be a future HOF member.




  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    8,816
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: One thing I will always thank the front office for....

    Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I had the fortunate experience of watching both Ryan and Flacco in their senior seasons playing at College Park and Annapolis. Plus a few TV games for each guy. I concluded that Ryan was a lot of hype, but would become a run-of-the-mill former ACC QB in the NFL, while Flacco's arm and size/speed made him look like the next QB superstar, potentially in the league with Unitas, Montana, Elway etc.

    My opinion hasn't changed, much. Ryan's regular season performance has been better than I thought it would be, but not close to top tier.

    Ryan is blessed with a pair of outstanding WRs and TE, who make him appear better than he really is in regular season. When it counts: his playoff record has been downright embarrassing.
    The first time that I saw Flacco in person at the Vikings preseason game at M&T in 08, I was amazed by Joe's arm and his throws in general. I was telling people that we finally found our QB. Of course everyone laughed at me. Well who's laughing now? muhahaha




  12. #12

    Re: One thing I will always thank the front office for....

    Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    I'll cut Ryan some slack. That is a flawed team around him. He's got some weapons at WR and TE yes, but they have no running game and their defense is highly suspect. They're actually a lot like the Saints. Switch Ryan and Flacco and I think we still get our ring this year (although I suppose you could make the argument that doing that would've cost us some of the assets that helped us win the SB due to the cost of trading up to get him).
    But, it wasn't Ryans defense that threw an ill advised interception. Nor was it his lack of a running game that caused him to fumble a shotgun snap.

    IMO, the guy just seems to make the biggest mistakes in the biggest moments.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland