Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: A. Wilson - Ravens interested in Michael Huff

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That contract makes him impossible to trade.
    Good point.

I forgot about his contract. No one is going to trade for him.
    When it comes to quarterbacks, don't pay attention to stats; pay attention to guys who make crucial plays at crucial times. -Gil Brandt

My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

If the money is fair I'd definitely be on board with this. I love his versatility. Only thing is he doesn't seem to be a very physical player so we'd need a thumper alongside him ala Pollard. I wouldn't mind seeing Thompson get an extended look back there and obviously we have all kinds of options in the draft.

Ed Reed is incredibly underrated by most Ravens fans. I don't think people reailze how much he changes the offensive game plan for teams.

Huff stinks. I wouldn't mind signing him for depth (he's as good as Ighdebo probably) but he's not worth any real money.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    Ed Reed is incredibly underrated by most Ravens fans. I don't think people reailze how much he changes the offensive game plan for teams.
    Tell us how the Niners changed their game plan because of Ed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Yeah really... The Ravens defense gave up the most yards ever by a SB champion in the SB.

I loved Huff going back to his days at Texas. I thought he could be the next blue chip player at the safety position.

The flip-flopping between corner and safety didn't help his chances to get acclimated to one position.

But I love the idea of him being able to line up in the slot and play a receiver or TE on third down. It could give the Ravens even more flexibility with their blitz and pass rush depending on the down and distance.

Personally, I would go after Huff all the way over Ed. He's younger and his versatility would be a major asset. Plus, a change in atmosphere -- especially from Oakland -- could do wonders for the back end of his career.

Ed Reed is incredibly underrated by most Ravens fans.
    You are living in the past and watching too many highlights of Tom Brady and Bill Belicheck from a few years ago. Ed is good, but he is nowhere near where he was, and the pick in the Super Bowl was thrown right to him, there wasn't a 49er near the ball.

I don't know any Raven fan that thinks of Ed that way, but I think way more fans overvalue his future to this team by living in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    they knew in the run game they were playing 11 on 10...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    You are living in the past and watching too many highlights of Tom Brady and Bill Belicheck from a few years ago. Ed is good, but he is nowhere near where he was, and the pick in the Super Bowl was thrown right to him, there wasn't a 49er near the ball.

I don't know any Raven fan that thinks of Ed that way, but I think way more fans overvalue his future to this team by living in the past.
    Silver, I think you are kind of making his point for him. Your statement has some truth to it, and a lot of people agree with you when it comes to his declining picks and tackling abilities over the last year or so. But when you highlight these areas where he's fallen off, and don't talk about any other aspects of what he brings to the table, you underrate him.

I'm not saying he deserves to be paid like he was in the past. But his understanding of opposing quarterbacks and schemes, ability to get the DBs organized, and knack for altering a quarterback's intentions are still pretty valuable assets and I don't think that part of his game has declined. He still has the knowledge, instincts and the quickness to get to the ball.

It's not just RavensTerps or me saying it. I've seen NFL players breakdown the Super Bowl tape and point to places where Kaepernick double clutched and didn't make a completion because of Reed.

It's too easy to look at the obvious missed tackles and write him off.

He's a perfect example of the organization needing to weigh the pros and cons and set their price, not to be exceeded.

I said he is good. What makes him good Shas is what you listed, his physical tool set is declining, but he wants to be paid as if that weren't an issue.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I said he is good. What makes him good Shas is what you listed, his physical tool set is declining, but he wants to be paid as if that weren't an issue.

Okay, fair enough, you did slip in a "is good" comment. If your living in the past comment refers to money deserved, then I agree.

To me, matching the kind of money Houston offered would be reasonable. He's worth more to the Ravens than he is to Houston. It was the same with Ray Lewis.

I do think there are fans who see the obvious areas of decline and only see that.

I'm a bit torn on Huff. I've seen where he jumps the gun a bit too much for my taste in a FS, Ed Reed excluded, but he was never really surrounded with major talent in Oakland. Some of their defenses were decent.....I don't know.....
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"