Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 42

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Waldorf, MD
    Posts
    1,844

    How can people (idiots) bash Flacco getting paid when he has these HOF-type accomplishments on his resume'



    1. Only quarterback to start and win a playoff game in each of his first five seasons.

    2. Most road playoff wins by a quarterback: 6.

    3. Most touchdowns in a postseason: 11 (tied with Joe Montana and Kurt Warner).

    4. Most touchdowns without an interception in a postseason: 11 (tied with Joe Montana).

    5. First quarterback to have a passer rating over 100 in all four games of a single postseason.

    6. Most consecutive playoff games with three passing touchdowns: 3 (tied with Bernie Kosar, Kurt Warner, and Aaron Rodgers).

    I just don't understand it! I'm not saying they should start molding his bust just yet, but the hate is unbelievable!
    Last edited by PGCountyRaven85; 03-21-2013 at 06:17 PM.





  2. #2

    Re: How can people (idiots) bash Flacco getting paid when he has these HOF-type accomplishments on his resume'

    Just about every stat you named was done recently. That's what everyone harps on. There this perception that Flacco is inconsistent. I do believe there's some truth to that. In my mind though I expect to Joe to be more consistent and take his game to the next level. He's elite and just flat out wins so no argument from me. If he passes for 4,000 yards and throws 30+ TDs, gets us back in the playoffs I think we'll see more folks jump on the bandwagon.




  3. #3

    Re: How can people (idiots) bash Flacco getting paid when he has these HOF-type accomplishments on his resume'

    W's in the NFL don't have style points.

    Joe collects W's.




  4. #4

    Re: How can people (idiots) bash Flacco getting paid when he has these HOF-type accomplishments on his resume'

    Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Just about every stat you named was done recently. That's what everyone harps on. There this perception that Flacco is inconsistent. I do believe there's some truth to that. In my mind though I expect to Joe to be more consistent and take his game to the next level. He's elite and just flat out wins so no argument from me. If he passes for 4,000 yards and throws 30+ TDs, gets us back in the playoffs I think we'll see more folks jump on the bandwagon.
    His QB rating for the regular season is in the 80's and I believe he was ranked 14th last year. Middle of the pack. His completion percentage is a smidge under 60% which is below the general mark for the "elite" (of course very few pundits look at sacks, QB hurries and dropped passes). That's regular season Joe, and actually he's been pretty consistant with those kinds of stats each year. It's the playoffs where he goes off the charts.

    Under Caldwell, I expect all his regular season stats to go up, if (and this is a big if) they get good supporting personel for him, mainly a slightly above average O line and a decent slot reciever.

    Now, say all that happens and our O scores 30 points a game, but our D gives up 32. Joe has a great year stats wise but we don't make the playoffs. Do you think anyone will recognize his improved consistancy?
    If you break the rules you can't make the rules.
    - Remove Coach Tomlin from the NFL Competition committee.




  5. #5

    Re: How can people (idiots) bash Flacco getting paid when he has these HOF-type accomplishments on his resume'

    Quote Originally Posted by Real Fan Dan View Post
    His QB rating for the regular season is in the 80's and I believe he was ranked 14th last year. Middle of the pack. His completion percentage is a smidge under 60% which is below the general mark for the "elite" (of course very few pundits look at sacks, QB hurries and dropped passes). That's regular season Joe, and actually he's been pretty consistant with those kinds of stats each year. It's the playoffs where he goes off the charts.

    Under Caldwell, I expect all his regular season stats to go up, if (and this is a big if) they get good supporting personel for him, mainly a slightly above average O line and a decent slot reciever.

    Now, say all that happens and our O scores 30 points a game, but our D gives up 32. Joe has a great year stats wise but we don't make the playoffs. Do you think anyone will recognize his improved consistancy?
    100% agree. Tack on a few more pro bowl seasons and Flacco will get the respect he deserves outside of Baltimore. Being the highest paid player in the game right now makes him an easy target but very shortly that target will move to others like Rodgers, Ryan and Romo when they get their big contracts.




  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Denver, Colorado (via Gaithersburg, MD)
    Posts
    550
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: How can people (idiots) bash Flacco getting paid when he has these HOF-type accomplishments on his resume'

    I would be lying if I told you that I did not doubt Flacco last regular-season. During the first Denver game, I seriously questioned whether Flacco should be evaluated. Then, out of nowhere, he has a miraculous postseason run. Ultimately, I value clutch play in big games as big as any other factor. If I'm going into a playoff situation, I want a guy who knows how to bring his a-game. If that means that he performs at a substandard level multiple times throughout the regular season, as frustrating as that might be, I would rather have the clutch play when it matters most. It will be very interesting to see if his inconsistency was exclusive to playing under Cam Cameron. Or, does he just pick and choose when he wants to play well? Either way, many teams would want to have Joe Flacco as their quarterback, and I'm happy that we have him as ours.




  7. #7

    Re: How can people (idiots) bash Flacco getting paid when he has these HOF-type accomplishments on his resume'

    Because many of these people believe everything they heard from all the pundits who slammed Flacco. I still don't get all the hate from those people for what Joe had accomplished up to this point last year. Evans wrecked it for us and before that (Pitt,Indy,Pitt) was an obvious lack of deep threats like we have now. You would think these so called analysts would have seen that but nooooo. The things I hear and see online like " jump ball Joe, or "he got lucky" or " he had a good defense just drive me crazy! I try to remind myself that these people won't like him no matter what, and will pull any excuse out of their ass they can. But the Romo and Sanchez comparisons really make my blood boil! It would be nice to see some more consistent play from him this year although with Caldwell back I'm not worried.
    Last edited by Stone; 03-21-2013 at 06:38 PM.




  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    12,886
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: How can people (idiots) bash Flacco getting paid when he has these HOF-type accomplishments on his resume'

    Because there are games where Joe just looks like he's sleepwalking. He's been up and down and it's been a few primetime games when he was down so people automatically judge by that sample size. A little like Eli if you ask me.
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  9. #9

    Re: How can people (idiots) bash Flacco getting paid when he has these HOF-type accomplishments on his resume'

    Actually the reason they bash him is that they are haters. Haters know the best way to get under the skin of a team you hates fan base is to rag on their QB. Currently Aaron Rodgers holds the immunity idol.

    Why do you think we rag on Big Ben so much.....well besides the fact he is a douche
    A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,
    -Ray Lewis




  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    8,375
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: How can people (idiots) bash Flacco getting paid when he has these HOF-type accomplishments on his resume'

    It's funny when Tebow was all the rage, it was all "Tebow just wins" regardless if he threw for 40 yards. Flacco sets NFL records for most wins and it's "The defense, Ray Rice, Boldin, etc bailed Flacco out".




  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    12,886
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: How can people (idiots) bash Flacco getting paid when he has these HOF-type accomplishments on his resume'

    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    It's funny when Tebow was all the rage, it was all "Tebow just wins" regardless if he threw for 40 yards. Flacco sets NFL records for most wins and it's "The defense, Ray Rice, Boldin, etc bailed Flacco out".
    well said
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  12. #12

    Re: How can people (idiots) bash Flacco getting paid when he has these HOF-type accomplishments on his resume'

    I'm working on a spreadsheet that compares Flacco to every QB in NFL history in terms of what was accomplished over the first five years of their respective careers. It's not totally done, but I can tell you from an early perspective that the results are pretty staggeringly impressive in his favor.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland