Thread: Okoye

Threaded View

Re: Okoye

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    I don't know because I haven't experienced it, but from what I hear, it really is kind of a full time job just learning what's expected on a given play. A guy I know was a Div III player, who transferred to ECU to play as a walk-on D-lineman. He told me the X's and O's from high school to DIII were a very difficult transition; then when he went from DIII to ECU ( a low-end D1 program) he said it was mind boggling. And this guy went on to become a lawyer, so he's not dumb. He said it took him the whole first season to figure out what the hell was going on.
    Point well taken, but in college you have other focuses outside of football. Not being able to pick it up in college is different than not being able to pick it up in the NFL where it's a full time job. Again, I'm NOT trying to say it's easy or likely to happen. I just felt that this point was originally overstated.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    Might as well speculate that Usain Bolt could play in the NFL. 6' 6", fastest man on earth. Shouldn't he be able to run 9 routes and learn to catch a football? Seems pretty easy when you frame it that way, but like they say, if it was easy, everybody would do it.
    Just because he's big and fast doesn't mean he has the hands and body control to be an effective receiver. There are so many skills that go into most NFL positions that even a great athlete like Bolt could be derailed by a deficiency in 1 or 2 areas.
    Last edited by Kyle Cactus; 04-03-2013 at 08:38 AM.