Thread: Usama Young

Usama Young

He was just cut by the Browns.
    I think he is solid enough to be our third safety ideally, and an insurance policy with C. Thompson suspended.

He is 27 and may be available really cheap.

What do you think?

Blog Entries

Re: Usama Young

He was pretty much a dud with the Saints. Even though he was in division I don't remember him doing much as a Brown. As a Saint he was a solid run stopper but bad in coverage. There are so many safeties in this draft that I wouldn't sign anyone else until we see who they get.
    He Who Dares.....Wins

Blog Entries

He wouldn't be bad depth...don't know that I would want him for anything more though.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

There are only so many roster spots still open heading into 2013. Right now, assuming we bring in one more veteran (McKinnie?), we are probably only looking at having 6-7 rookies making the team out of 12 draft picks. Adding "filler" vets doesn't make a lot of sense to me. If it's a guy like Huff or Canty who has a clear role and value, then I'm all for it. I just don't think we need any more Sean Considine types.

Assuming we draft a safety in rounds 1-3 to pair with Huff, we still have Iheigbo and Omar Brown and Emanuel Cook as backups. Even without Christian Thompson, I don't see a huge need for a veteran safety at this point.
    Last edited by LukeDaniel; 04-03-2013 at 09:15 AM.

No. At least not now. You've got 12 draft picks. Maybe after the draft they bring him in and give him a chance to win a job in camp. But for Pete's sake, he wasn't good enough for the Browns. Think about that for a second.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

He's got "signed after week one so his salary isn't guaranteed" written all over him.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Never heard of him.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin

I would think any pickup after Huff would be a high ranked draft pick due to other roster needs that may cost more in FA. I got a feeling they are sitting until after the draft unless something unexpected happens.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    No. At least not now. You've got 12 draft picks. Maybe after the draft they bring him in and give him a chance to win a job in camp. But for Pete's sake, he wasn't good enough for the Browns. Think about that for a second.
    Yeah, that's my thing. I don't know how a guy who wasn't good enough for the Browns is good enough to be on this roster. The Browns are not exactly in a position to be cutting good/valuable players.