Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
Results 121 to 132 of 132
  1. #121

    Re: High possibility Ray Lewis throws opening day first pitch for O's



    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    Skip the post game interviews. Try and get those games moved up to an afternoon start. Play a damn double header on Saturday or Sunday like you may end up doing anyway if it rains. They offered nothing but a 4:05 start, which obviously doesn't work considering they share a parking lot.
    This.

    Has anyone ever heard anyone say a bad thing about Biscotti? Nope. Meanwhile Angelos is well-known to be the biggest dick in Baltimore.




  2. #122

    Re: High possibility Ray Lewis throws opening day first pitch for O's

    Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Well, if it pours on Camden Yards, it would be pouring on M&T Bank Stadium, too. Tailgating, standing and cheering in the pouring rain on a school night? Not exactly ideal for a Super Bowl celebration.
    Well hopefully it won't be raining in Denver, because no thanks to the Orioles, that's where the Superbowl Champs will be opening their season.

    And enough of the they could have played on Wednesday and all of the conspiracies as to why they aren't. Did any of you think that the Ravens may not have wanted to play on the Jewish holiday? Bisciotti is the majority owner. I'm sure there are other investors and business and personal colleagues of his who are Jewish. Maybe he wanted to make sure they could take part in the festivities.




  3. #123
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    baltimore
    Posts
    2,685
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    Well hopefully it won't be raining in Denver, because no thanks to the Orioles, that's where the Superbowl Champs will be opening their season.

    And enough of the they could have played on Wednesday and all of the conspiracies as to why they aren't. Did any of you think that the Ravens may not have wanted to play on the Jewish holiday? Bisciotti is the majority owner. I'm sure there are other investors and business and personal colleagues of his who are Jewish. Maybe he wanted to make sure they could take part in the festivities.
    Oh give it a rest about it being the Orioles fault. They played on the holiday last year but can't this year?

    Go do some research it was MLB and the NFL who had the conflict not the Orioles and Ravens. The Orioles offered to move the game up to 4 but that would still interfere. The MLB, the White Sox the Orioles the player union all had to agree not just the Orioles.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2




  4. #124

    Re: High possibility Ray Lewis throws opening day first pitch for O's

    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    Well hopefully it won't be raining in Denver, because no thanks to the Orioles, that's where the Superbowl Champs will be opening their season.

    And enough of the they could have played on Wednesday and all of the conspiracies as to why they aren't. Did any of you think that the Ravens may not have wanted to play on the Jewish holiday? Bisciotti is the majority owner. I'm sure there are other investors and business and personal colleagues of his who are Jewish. Maybe he wanted to make sure they could take part in the festivities.
    The NFL played a full slate of games on the same Jewish holiday just this past year in the 2012 season so the holiday excuse is pure bullshit.

    It was the NFL's fault. If they cared about Baltimore and the Ravens, then they would have moved it to Wednesday like they did last year to open the season as well. Sorry it is not the O's fault this time. The excuse baseball is 162 games i not a good one. Last year, it came down to 1 game for many teams to not make the playoffs. The White Sox also have no incentive to change the schedule or pre-schedule a double header. It is pennant race time and they obviously think they could be in the hunt.

    It is all about the NFL wanting to make the most money and fuck you to baseball and fuck you to the Baltimore fans.




  5. #125
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Posts
    2,667

    Re: High possibility Ray Lewis throws opening day first pitch for O's

    Why doesn't the MLB just leave opening Thursday as a day off for everyone when scheduling?




  6. #126
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    shrewsbury, pa
    Posts
    381

    Re: High possibility Ray Lewis throws opening day first pitch for O's

    So what happens if the O's make the playoffs and need a October home Sunday?? Do the Ravens say.." sorry, we were here 1st ". Or the networks say we are moving the 1pm kickoff to 4pm. Then the shoes on the other hand....




  7. #127

    Re: High possibility Ray Lewis throws opening day first pitch for O's

    Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    So what happens if the O's make the playoffs and need a October home Sunday?? Do the Ravens say.." sorry, we were here 1st ". Or the networks say we are moving the 1pm kickoff to 4pm. Then the shoes on the other hand....
    I believe the precedent has been set for the response to be "we know you are entitled to a home game and the city would love if we could accomodate both games today but since we dont care what the fans or city wants we will tell you to play your home game in another city".




  8. #128

    Re: High possibility Ray Lewis throws opening day first pitch for O's

    Can someone show me some documentation of this theory that the NFL submits their probable Superbowl winners to MLB for scheduling purposes? I just did a cursory glance at some teams that share stadiums or have complexes like we do, and it appears that the Marlins, Indians, and Padres are all off on that Thursday. Am I to believe that the NFL thought the Dolphins, Browns, or Chargers had a better chance at winning the Superbowl than us? I think that stuff is just random. With the Ravens it seems like they open at home every other year or so.

    The bottom line is that baseball reschedules games all of the time. Football doesn't. The Orioles could have been accommodating. They weren't. Bisciotti and most of the fans thought they would be.




  9. #129
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    shrewsbury, pa
    Posts
    381

    Re: High possibility Ray Lewis throws opening day first pitch for O's

    They didn't come up with enough $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$




  10. #130
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    baltimore
    Posts
    2,685
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    Can someone show me some documentation of this theory that the NFL submits their probable Superbowl winners to MLB for scheduling purposes? I just did a cursory glance at some teams that share stadiums or have complexes like we do, and it appears that the Marlins, Indians, and Padres are all off on that Thursday. Am I to believe that the NFL thought the Dolphins, Browns, or Chargers had a better chance at winning the Superbowl than us? I think that stuff is just random. With the Ravens it seems like they open at home every other year or so.

    The bottom line is that baseball reschedules games all of the time. Football doesn't. The Orioles could have been accommodating. They weren't. Bisciotti and most of the fans thought they would be.
    What did you want the Orioles to do? You have all the answers so please fix the issue.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2




  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    Can someone show me some documentation of this theory that the NFL submits their probable Superbowl winners to MLB for scheduling purposes? I just did a cursory glance at some teams that share stadiums or have complexes like we do, and it appears that the Marlins, Indians, and Padres are all off on that Thursday. Am I to believe that the NFL thought the Dolphins, Browns, or Chargers had a better chance at winning the Superbowl than us? I think that stuff is just random. With the Ravens it seems like they open at home every other year or so.

    The bottom line is that baseball reschedules games all of the time. Football doesn't. The Orioles could have been accommodating. They weren't. Bisciotti and most of the fans thought they would be.
    None of the teams you listed share a stadium or parking lot. The Browns play on the lake. The Indians play in land at Jacobs Field.

    The Marlins moved to the city of Miami last year. The Dolphins play in the Lauderdale suburbs. The Padres play near the Pacific and the Chargers play a couple miles inland.

    They are all like the Redskins and Nationals not like the Orioles and Ravens.




  12. #132
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    22,244
    This thread seems to have become a discussion on who to blame for the scheduling mess.

    No need for two threads on the same subject so I am locking this one down.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland