Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Results 85 to 96 of 100
  1. #85
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Toluca Lake, CA
    Posts
    1,058
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ozzie says, if the season started today, KO WOULD BE THE LEFT TACKLE!



    I think everyplayer on the roster has been linked to LT, just draft crap talk.




  2. #86
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Westminster - Raventown, MD!
    Posts
    12,769
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ozzie says, if the season started today, KO WOULD BE THE LEFT TACKLE!

    My big takeaway here was simply that Oher isn't the defacto LT starter. I think it'll be addressed either in the draft or with Big Mac.
    .
    .
    FOR REED, BIRK, BOLDIN, RAY, ART, TEVIN, OJ, and BALTIMORE...
    SUPER BOWL 47 CHAMPION RAVENS!!!!!!

    "We don't make it easy, but that's the way the city of Baltimore is, and that's the way we are. We did this for them back home." - Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVP


    Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!




  3. #87
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pikesville
    Posts
    3,975
    I'm with the camp that doesn't believe that Oher at LT is the end of the world (or our playoff odds) as we know it, but I would be stoked if we could bring in one more guy to upgrade our left or right tackle spots so KO can stay at guard. I think he and Yanda have to potential to be the best guard tandem in the league, and as Nawlins proved, great interior line play and a good game plan can mask sub par tackles. (Not that I feel Oher is sub par on the right, he was after all, part of that unbreakable playoff line everyone who wants Big Mac back keeps going on about.)
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron




  4. #88
    Just heard Harbs (on 105.7) moderate his "KO at left tackle" comments. After a neutral initial response, he then referred to KO as a "candidate" for the job.

    Strong offer out to The Whopper?
    Trade w/ CAR: 28*-FS Bucannon, 48-OG Bitonio, 60*-TE CJF, 79-WR Ellington, 99-CB Aikens, 134-RB Wilder, 138-OLB Hubbard, 175-WR/PR McKinnon, 194-QB Wenning

    My guys: Gallon, Herron, Landry, McKinnon, Sims, Street and Evan Wilson ...or at least give me Devin Street!

    Having fun talking football on Twitter @BigPlayReceiver




  5. #89
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    13,397
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ozzie says, if the season started today, KO WOULD BE THE LEFT TACKLE!

    They're not going to sign him before the draft, it makes more sense to play it out
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  6. #90
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,052
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Ozzie says, if the season started today, KO WOULD BE THE LEFT TACKLE!

    I think some people have/are REALLY underestimating McKinnie's chances of returning to Baltimore this season. McKinnie really is our only option at LT if you want solid play IN 2013. Oher is below average at LT, we don't know how KO would handle it, and I'm pretty sure any rookie we'd get a shot at drafting would not be ready to start at LT either.




  7. #91
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    8,457
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Ozzie says, if the season started today, KO WOULD BE THE LEFT TACKLE!

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I think some people have/are REALLY underestimating McKinnie's chances of returning to Baltimore this season. McKinnie really is our only option at LT if you want solid play IN 2013. Oher is below average at LT, we don't know how KO would handle it, and I'm pretty sure any rookie we'd get a shot at drafting would not be ready to start at LT either.
    I think he'll be back. People just need to relax and not get their panties in a bunch. I tend to believe McKinnie's only option right now is in Baltimore. Ozzie is just waiting it out right now, so he can get McKinnie at his price.




  8. #92
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,052
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Ozzie says, if the season started today, KO WOULD BE THE LEFT TACKLE!

    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I think he'll be back. People just need to relax and not get their panties in a bunch. I tend to believe McKinnie's only option right now is in Baltimore. Ozzie is just waiting it out right now, so he can get McKinnie at his price.




  9. #93

    Re: Ozzie says, if the season started today, KO WOULD BE THE LEFT TACKLE!

    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I think he'll be back. People just need to relax and not get their panties in a bunch. I tend to believe McKinnie's only option right now is in Baltimore. Ozzie is just waiting it out right now, so he can get McKinnie at his price.
    i think were the favorite but his other options that hes stated as interested (Saints and Chargers) are both possible landing spots as well. With McKinnie, top dollar wins, which Im not sure we wont be, but those other two have openings and enough money to spend as well. Little early to count them out completely but i do expect him to be back next year at this point.
    -JAB




  10. #94
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,052
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Ozzie says, if the season started today, KO WOULD BE THE LEFT TACKLE!

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    i think were the favorite but his other options that hes stated as interested (Saints and Chargers) are both possible landing spots as well. With McKinnie, top dollar wins, which Im not sure we wont be, but those other two have openings and enough money to spend as well. Little early to count them out completely but i do expect him to be back next year at this point.
    Yeah I agree, I think the Saints and the Chargers could make a play at him, but in the end both of those teams have better options in the draft, they are in good position to land one of the top 3 OTs if they wish (Saints would have to trade up). I think the Chargers would especially be stupid if they signed McKinnie, because they have a legit shot at getting at least Lane Johnson, and could even trade up for either Fisher or Joekel. I think we'll be willing to pay a little more purely because we have very little options this year at LT. We would also probably be able to field a top 5 Oline if we did bring McKinnie back because of where everyone would be playing, I hope we don't miss out on that opportunity.




  11. #95
    Ye ol' RPRP
    Trade w/ CAR: 28*-FS Bucannon, 48-OG Bitonio, 60*-TE CJF, 79-WR Ellington, 99-CB Aikens, 134-RB Wilder, 138-OLB Hubbard, 175-WR/PR McKinnon, 194-QB Wenning

    My guys: Gallon, Herron, Landry, McKinnon, Sims, Street and Evan Wilson ...or at least give me Devin Street!

    Having fun talking football on Twitter @BigPlayReceiver




  12. #96

    Re: Ozzie says, if the season started today, KO WOULD BE THE LEFT TACKLE!

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Yeah I agree, I think the Saints and the Chargers could make a play at him, but in the end both of those teams have better options in the draft, they are in good position to land one of the top 3 OTs if they wish (Saints would have to trade up). I think the Chargers would especially be stupid if they signed McKinnie, because they have a legit shot at getting at least Lane Johnson, and could even trade up for either Fisher or Joekel. I think we'll be willing to pay a little more purely because we have very little options this year at LT. We would also probably be able to field a top 5 Oline if we did bring McKinnie back because of where everyone would be playing, I hope we don't miss out on that opportunity.
    I believe I heard the chargers may trade out of that spot, so if they trade back for another talent, thats when the door opens for mckinnie. Id agree it would be a dumb move to pass over any of those top 3, but it wouldnt be the first time a team did something idiotic.
    -JAB




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland