Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 22

Thread: Quinton Patton

  1. #1

    Quinton Patton



    Do you agree that Patton is clearly the best remaining player for us on the boards?
    He has the skills, character and I think Flacco would appreciate an arsenal upgrade.
    I hope we can trade up for this guy.




  2. #2
    I'd rather have Rodgers.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  3. #3

    Re: Quinton Patton

    0% in that happening...

    "Maturity level and mental makeup are significant concerns. Originally committed to Georgia. Flipped to Tennessee late in 2010 signing process. Arrested for his role in a bar brawl involving multiple Tennessee football players in summer of 2010. Spotted shouting at former Tennessee WR coach Charlie Baggett on the sideline during a loss to Kentucky in 2010. Baggett has since retired (with severance package). Reportedly considered transferring during 2012 spring but rejoined the team in April. Suspended indefinitely for violating team rules in August of 2012 and suspension stemmed from failed drug tests according to Rogers. Transferred to Tennessee Tech four days later."




  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    San Dimas, CA
    Posts
    5,646

    Re: Quinton Patton

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Miller View Post
    Do you agree that Patton is clearly the best remaining player for us on the boards?
    I think up to a dozen other GMs may be thinking the same thing.




  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Miller View Post
    0% in that happening...

    "Maturity level and mental makeup are significant concerns. Originally committed to Georgia. Flipped to Tennessee late in 2010 signing process. Arrested for his role in a bar brawl involving multiple Tennessee football players in summer of 2010. Spotted shouting at former Tennessee WR coach Charlie Baggett on the sideline during a loss to Kentucky in 2010. Baggett has since retired (with severance package). Reportedly considered transferring during 2012 spring but rejoined the team in April. Suspended indefinitely for violating team rules in August of 2012 and suspension stemmed from failed drug tests according to Rogers. Transferred to Tennessee Tech four days later."
    We just signed Rolando McClain.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    11,435
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Quinton Patton

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Miller View Post
    Do you agree that Patton is clearly the best remaining player for us on the boards?
    He has the skills, character and I think Flacco would appreciate an arsenal upgrade.
    I hope we can trade up for this guy.
    Todd McShay had us drafting him in 1st round couple of weeks ago so I'm sure he thinks Patton is the best. It's still up there in the DRaft Room of this board-lol.

    UBER RAVENS FAN AND HISTORIAN GURU.




  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    San Dimas, CA
    Posts
    5,646

    Re: Quinton Patton

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    We just signed Rolando McClain.
    True, but a zero cost. Rolando costs zip against the cap if they cut him. Drafting a WR with a ton of baggage does require a cost, even if it simply a lost pick. I love the Da'Rick Rogers of tape, but I really don't think the Ravens' brass is thinking that way.




  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    14,114
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    We just signed Rolando McClain.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Yup all bets are off when it comes to character
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    11,435
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Quinton Patton

    Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    True, but a zero cost. Rolando costs zip against the cap if they cut him. Drafting a WR with a ton of baggage does require a cost, even if it simply a lost pick. I love the Da'Rick Rogers of tape, but I really don't think the Ravens' brass is thinking that way.
    Ravens beat writer Jerry Coleman said yesterday on 105.7 that Rolando is outta here maybe
    by mini's or during training camp.
    UBER RAVENS FAN AND HISTORIAN GURU.




  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    True, but a zero cost. Rolando costs zip against the cap if they cut him. Drafting a WR with a ton of baggage does require a cost, even if it simply a lost pick. I love the Da'Rick Rogers of tape, but I really don't think the Ravens' brass is thinking that way.
    I agree to an extent...but the 4th round...particularly the end of the 4th is where teams typically start taking chances on character guys.

    Not saying they will because of McClain, but I think it's a possibility because its the middle/late in the draft and if you are going to sign him, the team isn't completely scared off of character guys.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  11. #11

    Re: Quinton Patton

    Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I think up to a dozen other GMs may be thinking the same thing.
    After the first two days, I think only TB and Carolina are will be targeting WRs with as much priority as we should and they don't have as many picks to play with as we do.




  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    San Dimas, CA
    Posts
    5,646

    Re: Quinton Patton

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Miller View Post
    After the first two days, I think only TB and Carolina are will be targeting WRs with as much priority as we should and they don't have as many picks to play with as we do.
    I'm not so sure the Ravens have the ability to move up as far as you think they can. Four of the Ravnes' remaining picks are non-tradable, and one of them is #238 - basically the end of the draft. Here's what they have:

    #129
    #130 (compensatory)
    #168 (compensatory)
    #200
    #203 (compensatory)
    #238
    #247 (compensatory)

    Packaging all three of the tradable picks is going to move them up 8-10 spots, so unless they trade a 2014 pick they aren't moving a lot. I'm not sure Quinton Patton lasts 20+ picks in the 4th round, but I could be wrong. It has happened before.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland