Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 50

Thread: Vinny Cerrato

  1. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,146
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Vinny Cerrato



    Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    I think Vinny is just one of those people that get upset with progress. Clearly he is intimidated by the implication of the three great revolutions of our era. Those three revolutions of course are in chronological order:

    1) French
    2) Russian
    3) Dance Dance
    LOL. Jacoby the revolutionary.

    Vinnie is a Bolshevik




  2. Re: Vinny Cerrato

    Quote Originally Posted by celticrob View Post
    Vinny is wrong so many times but yet no one calls him out.
    I beg to differ with you here.

    Not sure how long you listened, but there were several callers later on in the afternoon that indeed did call Vinny out.

    One in particular started out by saying "I'm getting ready to come at you here Vinny".

    Dude indeed did just that.
    Nothing offensive or nasty, but the guy definitely put Vinny in his place with what hew had to say.

    In some aspects, I agree with Vinny regarding wanting your player to be focused on football, working on, and perfecting his craft as Vinny put it.

    If he was, he probably could become a better receiver which would do nothing but help make this team even more dangerous.

    On the other hand, Jacoby is well within his rights to be doing what he's doing, and still staying in some trpe of good physical shape to be prepared for when the real deal starts in late July.

    Dude could be doing a whole hell of alot worse things in the off season here.

    He's entertaining as hell, funny and generally very likeable to watch, particularly to people who aren't football fans but have just simply heard of the guy.

    I got no problem with him being on DWTS.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!




  3. #27

    Re: Vinny Cerrato

    Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I heard a little bit of the back and forth between Vinny and Rob. Two small points. One, Vinny pointed out that Jacoby is only the second active NFL player to be on the show. FWIW. Implication being that active players know to keep focused on their profession -- along the lines of what Chaaampionship is arguing, if you buy it or not.

    Second, it seemed to me from listening to him that Vinny has a bigger problem with Jacoby's personality than the fact that he's on the show. He kind of paints Jacoby as a preening clown.

    I don't agree, but I know what he's reacting to. Jacoby is an odd dude with a weird sense of humor. I think it's funny. I can see how a straight laced guy sees it as foolish.

    Vinny cited other instances going back to the Super Bowl and the Kimmel appearance. He's the same guy who rips Brandon Lloyd everytime the guy's name is mentioned, claiming when they were in DC Lloyd was a me guy who wanted to be the center of attention. I think Vinny, by extension, seems to have a problem with with "diva" wide receivers who want to be the center of attention. There is some truth to that stereotype (our own Derrick Mason, Hines Ward, TO, Moss, on and on).

    I don't know Jacoby very well but he strikes me as more of a fun loving goof (ie, Terrell Suggs) than a prima donna.
    Vinny has no room to talk. When he laughs I have to turn the station because he sounds like an utter dick.

    Also this is the same guy that had his own daily sports talk show.........as the GM of the Washington football team.

    Oh yeah did I mention the various shots that were taken of him smoking a cigar with the midget under a sun umbrella while watching the Slurs practice.

    Get the fuck out of here Cerrato.

    Pot meet kettle (and I don't think Jacoby is an attention whore at all).




  4. #28

    Re: Vinny Cerrato

    Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    I beg to differ with you here.

    Not sure how long you listened, but there were several callers later on in the afternoon that indeed did call Vinny out.

    One in particular started out by saying "I'm getting ready to come at you here Vinny".

    Dude indeed did just that.
    Nothing offensive or nasty, but the guy definitely put Vinny in his place with what hew had to say.

    In some aspects, I agree with Vinny regarding wanting your player to be focused on football, working on, and perfecting his craft as Vinny put it.

    If he was, he probably could become a better receiver which would do nothing but help make this team even more dangerous.

    On the other hand, Jacoby is well within his rights to be doing what he's doing, and still staying in some trpe of good physical shape to be prepared for when the real deal starts in late July.

    Dude could be doing a whole hell of alot worse things in the off season here.

    He's entertaining as hell, funny and generally very likeable to watch, particularly to people who aren't football fans but have just simply heard of the guy.

    I got no problem with him being on DWTS.
    I turned it off. It was funny how Rob was clearly uncomfortable. He knew Vinnie was making himself look like an idiot. Vinnie has a hard on for Ngata, Suggs, Leach and Jacoby. Not sure what his deal is .......




  5. #29

    Re: Vinny Cerrato

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    Vinny has no room to talk. When he laughs I have to turn the station because he sounds like an utter dick.

    Also this is the same guy that had his own daily sports talk show.........as the GM of the Washington football team.

    Oh yeah did I mention the various shots that were taken of him smoking a cigar with the midget under a sun umbrella while watching the Slurs practice.

    Get the fuck out of here Cerrato.

    Pot meet kettle (and I don't think Jacoby is an attention whore at all).

    Vinnie was pretty good when he was at SF and only degenerated when he got hired by napoleon.

    I'd give him a pass on that one.




  6. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    11,077
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Vinny Cerrato

    In 1966 Unitas went to Vietnam in the off-season to entertain the troops along with Sam Huff. They were in the middle of the jungle and John said to Huff, suppose they over run us. Unitas was walking on a bad knee and Huff said it's every man for himself.

    John wasn't concentrating on football in the middle of the jungle but John's fear
    wasn't so exagerated.

    An enemy sniper once tried to kill Bob Hope but our guys got him. They were looking for it. When the General told Hope he said the sniper had a smile on his face when he died.
    Hope said he must have liked my singing.


    http://www.68thahc.com/USO_Shows/K_U..._Visits_01.htm
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 05-04-2013 at 05:56 PM.
    Pic of a natural act: UBER RAVENS FAN AND HISTORIAN GURU. THE PAST IS NOT DEAD, IN FACT, IT IS NOT EVEN PAST.' WILLIAM FAULKNER.




  7. #31
    He is a moron. Jacoby is doing more physical activity than anyone else on the team. Heck, the other day they were praising the re-signing of McKinnie who is probably going to be eating nothing but chicken and beer until July.




  8. #32

    Re: Vinny Cerrato

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Local sports radio everywhere is crap. SiriusXM NFL radio is on another level. It makes it very tough to go back to the local yokel guys.
    No, we have Paul Finebaum down here.
    This is a novel I was asked to proofread. The author is giving 10% of the profits to kidney research, which is a big deal in the Darb household. Fair warning; it's a fantasy novel, and the main characters are lesbians. It's three bucks on kindle from Amazon.http://www.amazon.com/WINDOWS-BROKEN...ken+fairy+tale




  9. #33

    Re: Vinny Cerrato

    Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post

    I don't agree, but I know what he's reacting to. Jacoby is an odd dude with a weird sense of humor. I think it's funny. I can see how a straight laced guy sees it as foolish.
    Have you ever heard the guy try to make jokes on air? He is ten times more immature than Jacoby Jones. He tries to make sexual innuendos about everything even when it doesn't make sense at all.




  10. #34

    Re: Vinny Cerrato

    I don't mind listening to Drew and Luke in the AM...other than that though I don't like our local radio.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  11. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hazzard County
    Posts
    1,106

    Re: Vinny Cerrato

    I can't fucking stand Vinny. I don't give a shit about his wine, or what Lou Holtz told him.




  12. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Balmer Merlin Hon
    Posts
    2,820
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Vinny Cerrato

    Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    He tries to make sexual innuendos about everything even when it doesn't make sense at all.
    IIRC "innuendo" is Italian for "suppository," amirite?




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland