Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: NHL Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Holtby has just not shown up to play tonight.
    Just tonight?
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Re: NHL Playoffs

Thank god for the Ravens. Sure Pittsburgh in the playoffs, historically, is Baltimore's Waterloo but I'm not complaining. They've really only choked once in the playoffs (Colts 2007). Yeah they've choked badly during playoffs games (2011 2H against Pitt, & final drive in 2012 AFCC) but pre-game, they were not the favorites.

Thank God the Leafs chocked away that game.

Nobody will remember this nonsense come tomorrow.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Incredibly embarrassing effort tonight...horrible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Just tonight?
    Eh, I am not putting a ton of blame on him overall. He's given up 1, 0, 1, and 1 in four of the seven games. He has had a few bad moments, but Hank has also let in some softies. Bottom line, just like I said with the Rangers, you aren't going to win many games scoring 1 or 2 goals. IMO Holtby has played well enough to win this series if the Capitals offensive stars actually produced anything. They are going on 120 minutes of scoreless hockey at this point. Lundqvist is a machine, but come on!

That said, he's been brutal tonight. This is the kind of thing you wonder if will effect him in the long run. If I were Oates, I'd have pulled him after he let up that Callahan goal to start the 3rd.

Tweet of the night ...

RGIII's knee had a better playoff run than the Caps.

Blog Entries

Shut out for six straight periods. Lundqvist is simply phenomenal. 63/63 past two nights.

Shut out for six straight periods. Lundqvist is simply phenomenal. 63/63 past two nights.
    He took over. I hate the Rangers, but if y'all won I would be really happy for Lundqvist.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Ovie wasn't the problem.

Holtby should have been pulled after game four. Two soft goals given away, one yesterday and two tonight.
    lol u got to be kidding me if u think holtby is the problem

I think whoever comes out of the west wins unless they just beat each other up too much in getting there.

iggyman555 Guest

i was saying mchphee has to go after last year, he just cant build a team, there is something missing. folks thought semin was the problem that turned out false. they need a new GM and build a team different way.sometimes change is good. mcphee had his chance...

iggyman555 Guest

the swede is unreal...if u told me that nash and richards would have 1 goal between them i would of said caps in 6