Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Results 85 to 96 of 103
  1. #85
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    12,649
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Courtney Upshaw's weight issues



    Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    For the Courtney Upshaw ledge dwellers...

    http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...,0,89017.story
    It's great that he lost 20 pounds but why the hell is he ballooning up for the 2nd straight year? He better be careful because as he ages it won't be so easy to go up to 295 and back down to 275 right before camp.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  2. #86
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    25,699
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Courtney Upshaw's weight issues

    Good to hear.


    Now Courtney needs to hire a nutritionist/chef.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  3. #87
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,395
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Courtney Upshaw's weight issues

    Much of the same from PFT :
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ter-shape-now/
    ... Bc




  4. #88

    Re: Courtney Upshaw's weight issues

    Sounds like there isn't a weight issue now and his conditioning is good. Being a rookie last year and just getting established as a pro, give him a break. He's learning how to be a pro and take care of himself. If he balloons up again, then he didn't learn from this year.




  5. #89
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    348

    Re: Courtney Upshaw's weight issues

    It took Suggs more than a couple of years to get to a point where he had his off season conditioning on lock-down.

    Training Camp hasn't even started yet, and Upshaw is already almost down to his playing weight from last season.




  6. #90
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    12,649
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Courtney Upshaw's weight issues

    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    It took Suggs more than a couple of years to get to a point where he had his off season conditioning on lock-down.

    Training Camp hasn't even started yet, and Upshaw is already almost down to his playing weight from last season.
    Excellent point about Suggs. Hopefully Upshaw will follow that role model. Once Suggs got it together he ended up DPOY. It would get sweet if Upshaw keeps that Ravens tradition going.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  7. #91

    Re: Courtney Upshaw's weight issues

    good to hear he isnt 300lbs, still not good to hear he isnt 265 or less. Just think if he didnt balloon up how much easier it would have been to get to that goal weight instead of still needing to shed 10-13lbs more. Hopefully this is the last we hear of this happening. Im not holding my breath on that one though.
    -JAB




  8. #92
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    11,326
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Courtney Upshaw's weight issues

    I didn't read all the posts but He's on the right track and lost 20 lbs. He's trying.


    http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...,0,89017.story

    And who is that #91 causing a fumble in the SB? Yup, he deserves to stay albeit minus a
    few pounds. Note ball in pic after he takes the guy's head off. He has those natl championships and a SB ring. Most college players would kill for his career.

    He was a steal where Ozzie got him according to this pic.

    http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/b...02/7006030.jpg
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 07-20-2013 at 10:44 PM.
    UBER RAVENS FAN AND HISTORIAN GURU.




  9. #93

    Re: Courtney Upshaw's weight issues

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    good to hear he isnt 300lbs, still not good to hear he isnt 265 or less. Just think if he didnt balloon up how much easier it would have been to get to that goal weight instead of still needing to shed 10-13lbs more. Hopefully this is the last we hear of this happening. Im not holding my breath on that one though.
    Some people really are impossible to please. The bottom line is that, with more than 6 weeks to go before the start of the season, his weight is no longer out of control. Yes, it would've been great if his weight had never been an issue to begin with; but the point is that he's recently made a lot of progress toward eliminating that issue.

    As someone else said earlier in the thread, we should consider ourselves lucky if this is the worst news we get during the offseason.




  10. #94

    Re: Courtney Upshaw's weight issues

    What more could be wanted. There was an issue. He explained why the issue was there, acknowledging it and declaring that he would fix it. The coach agreed that it needed to be fixed, but showed confidence that it would.

    It has been fixed, within the time frame that it was said to be fixed.

    Why can't you just accept that Upshaw is meant to be in the 265-270 range? Not everyone is meant to be built like a 250 speed rusher.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  11. #95

    Re: Courtney Upshaw's weight issues

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    What more could be wanted. There was an issue. He explained why the issue was there, acknowledging it and declaring that he would fix it. The coach agreed that it needed to be fixed, but showed confidence that it would.

    It has been fixed, within the time frame that it was said to be fixed.

    Why can't you just accept that Upshaw is meant to be in the 265-270 range? Not everyone is meant to be built like a 250 speed rusher.
    Not sure how you know what weight he was meant to be. If he is 275 and still has a tire around his waste it does't mean he was meant to be that weight. It means he does not have the discipline to get below it. It is not his actual weight that matters but rather if he is in the best possible shape. If he comes in with no tire and a low body fat percentage at 275 that is great.

    It is good that he took getting in shape seriously after showing up at OTAs a mess.




  12. #96
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Posts
    2,663

    Re: Courtney Upshaw's weight issues

    Hope he took harbs calling out to heart and won't let it happen again.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland