Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 85
  1. #13

    Re: Virulent Racism in the Republican Party



    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Another fallacy. Keep Em up!
    Name the fallacy and why it's fallacious.
    Thoughts on Ray Rice: http://brafootball.wordpress.com/




  2. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    22,159
    What does welfare have to do with race? There are far more whites on welfare than any other ethnic group.

    I think you're confusing the topics a bit.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  3. #15

    Re: Virulent Racism in the Republican Party

    Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Name the fallacy and why it's fallacious.
    Awwww...how cute!!! You actually think there is a difference in the 2 major parties when it comes to welfare spending. That is just sooooo precious!!! Don't change, please!




  4. #16

    Re: Virulent Racism in the Republican Party

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    What does welfare have to do with race? There are far more whites on welfare than any other ethnic group.

    I think you're confusing the topics a bit.
    Welfare should have nothing to do with race, and ideally it would not when people use the word. The point I am making, however, is that Republican politicians use this word to subtly refer to specific groups of people, like blacks. The word "handouts" is similar.

    See Romney fucking up with his 47% comment. He said half the country is expecting "handouts" or something similar, but it can be very reasonably inferred that he was referring to black people, whose vote he mostly had to give up on trying to get.
    Thoughts on Ray Rice: http://brafootball.wordpress.com/




  5. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    22,159
    Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Name the fallacy and why it's fallacious.
    Easy. Ad hominem.

    Instead of offering any proof to support your claim, you placed the onus on me in a personal and irrelevant manner by saying I'm in "denial".
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  6. #18

    Re: Virulent Racism in the Republican Party

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Awwww...how cute!!! You actually think there is a difference in the 2 major parties when it comes to welfare spending. That is just sooooo precious!!! Don't change, please!
    If that's how you try to get a point across, why are you bothering with this conversation?

    Also, you missed my point by a country mile and a half.
    Thoughts on Ray Rice: http://brafootball.wordpress.com/




  7. #19

    Re: Virulent Racism in the Republican Party

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Easy. Ad hominem.

    Instead of offering any proof to support your claim, you placed the onus on me in a personal and irrelevant manner by saying I'm in "denial".
    Silly.

    Take out "in denial" and my point remains that you are wrong because Republican politicians do, in fact, do this.
    Thoughts on Ray Rice: http://brafootball.wordpress.com/




  8. #20

    Re: Virulent Racism in the Republican Party

    Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    If that's how you try to get a point across, why are you bothering with this conversation?
    You mean the "conversation" where we pretend that there is an actual difference between the 2 parties when it comes to social welfare policy?

    I could ask you the same question...you are not seriously proposing that there is a meaningful difference, are you?




  9. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    22,159
    Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Silly.

    Take out "in denial" and my point remains that you are wrong because Republican politicians do, in fact, do this.
    No, they don't. They're a lot of bad things but racist ain't one of them.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  10. #22

    Re: Virulent Racism in the Republican Party

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    You mean the "conversation" where we pretend that there is an actual difference between the 2 parties when it comes to social welfare policy?

    I could ask you the same question...you are not seriously proposing that there is a meaningful difference, are you?
    You continue to miss my point completely. I am in not talking about social welfare policy. I am talking about racist language (that is sometimes coded).
    Thoughts on Ray Rice: http://brafootball.wordpress.com/




  11. #23

    Re: Virulent Racism in the Republican Party

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    No, they don't. They're a lot of bad things but racist ain't one of them.
    Wow.

    Just wow.

    I assume you didn't read the article or click the links contained therein, because it is filled with recent examples regarding multiple people that prove you are flat-out wrong.
    Thoughts on Ray Rice: http://brafootball.wordpress.com/




  12. #24

    Re: Virulent Racism in the Republican Party

    Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    You continue to miss my point completely. I am in not talking about social welfare policy. I am talking about racist language (that is sometimes coded).
    Oh..ok..and this "coded racist language" results in exactly what differences between the 2 parties when it comes to implementing or not implementing a certain policy?

    (I will hang up and listen to your answer...thanks)




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland