Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 40
  1. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Central Baltimore
    Posts
    1,521
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OT - Brendon Ayanbedejo almost lost his ring already



    Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    SF is the right place for BA. Wonder what he was doing to make him take off his ring and forget it? LOL
    Only a moron would think this is a funny comment in 2013. Take this garbage back to the mid-80's and it might not sink like a stone.
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.




  2. #14

    Re: OT - Brendon Ayanbedejo almost lost his ring already

    A stolen SB ring would be hard to sell. No reputable auction house/Dealer would buy it without collecting your personal info and reporting the purchase. In MD, VA, PA, NJ, DE as well as likely elsewhere, precious metal purchases require item description along with a state issued ID. IF the business correctly reported that as required by law it would be very easy to track down the original owner. IT's still stolen if it was left in a restaurant, engraved with someone else's name in it. Due to the value, that could cause jail time easily.




  3. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,285
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: OT - Brendon Ayanbedejo almost lost his ring already

    I think Vladimir Putin stole BA's Super Bowl ring... Bc




  4. #16

    Re: OT - Brendon Ayanbedejo almost lost his ring already

    Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I think Vladimir Putin stole BA's Super Bowl ring... Bc
    maybe your sister in law sat on it, and it disappeared in amongst the rolls...




  5. #17
    iggyman555 Guest

    Re: Brendon Ayanbedejo almost lost his ring already

    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    That SB ring was worth $30,000 but my point was, most people don't turn stuff in when
    they find them no matter what the value is. No one else could wear the glasses.

    The rings are so huge and heavy most players don't wear them. As Joe said it really
    not practical. Most of the old Ravens on TV don't wear theirs. I see Quadry wearing his
    with Jerry Sandusky on TV and Billick wearing his. Ray is wearing both of his right now
    but most of the guys that spoke to our club didn't have theirs. One guy did and passed
    it around the room as he spoke which was cool. Everyone got a chance to try it on.

    It's a monument to the hand. Mike Curtis said he wears his ring just to show he did
    something important once-lol. But those rings are much smaller.
    ............




  6. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,285
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: OT - Brendon Ayanbedejo almost lost his ring already

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    maybe your sister in law sat on it, and it disappeared in amongst the rolls...
    LOL...you could be right, but I'm not gonna try to search those hidden areas where no man has gone before... Bc




  7. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    10,732
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: OT - Brendon Ayanbedejo almost lost his ring already

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    maybe your sister in law sat on it, and it disappeared in amongst the rolls...
    Damn Jon, there must be something in the water.

    BC was right. Putin stole Kraft's SB ring. Kraft let him try it on and he walked off with it.
    A PR spokes man for the Kremlin said it was a gift from Kraft or that was the understanding.

    Nothing like starting an international incident over a Super Bowl ring.


    http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/06/robe...per-bowl-ring/
    Pic of a natural act: UBER RAVENS FAN AND HISTORIAN GURU. THE PAST IS NOT DEAD, IN FACT, IT IS NOT EVEN PAST.' WILLIAM FAULKNER.




  8. #20

    Re: OT - Brendon Ayanbedejo almost lost his ring already

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    A stolen SB ring would be hard to sell. No reputable auction house/Dealer would buy it without collecting your personal info and reporting the purchase. In MD, VA, PA, NJ, DE as well as likely elsewhere, precious metal purchases require item description along with a state issued ID. IF the business correctly reported that as required by law it would be very easy to track down the original owner. IT's still stolen if it was left in a restaurant, engraved with someone else's name in it. Due to the value, that could cause jail time easily.
    You're probably just better off mailing the ring and a letter to the player saying "I just returned a priceless item to you...I scratch your back, you scratch my back???"

    But it would probably work a little better if it wasn't some douchey special teams player. Maybe if it was somebody like Peyton Manning or Ray Lewis you could really get something out of it.




  9. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    21,139
    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    A stolen SB ring would be hard to sell. No reputable auction house/Dealer would buy it without collecting your personal info and reporting the purchase. In MD, VA, PA, NJ, DE as well as likely elsewhere, precious metal purchases require item description along with a state issued ID. IF the business correctly reported that as required by law it would be very easy to track down the original owner. IT's still stolen if it was left in a restaurant, engraved with someone else's name in it. Due to the value, that could cause jail time easily.
    Strictly speaking, there are ways around this.

    Theft has a statute of limitations. If you happened to be the one to find the ring and successfully hid the fact you removed the ring, all you'd have to do is keep it (and keep your mouth shut) until the statute runs out.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  10. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Westminster - Raventown, MD!
    Posts
    12,813
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OT - Brendon Ayanbedejo almost lost his ring already

    Quote Originally Posted by Trackmaster View Post
    But it would probably work a little better if it wasn't some douchey special teams player.
    You do realize BA had a big hand in Jacoby's SB KR TD, right? He was one of the two guys literally CARRYING a block down the field to prevent the guy from trying to catch Jacoby.

    One or two mistakes shouldn't taint a guy's legacy that much. I suppose Ray Rice is a douchey RB for fumbling 3 times in the playoffs?

    In any case, you'd be more likely to get something from one of those ST players than you would from a big time superstar.
    .
    .
    FOR REED, BIRK, BOLDIN, RAY, ART, TEVIN, OJ, and BALTIMORE...
    SUPER BOWL 47 CHAMPION RAVENS!!!!!!

    "We don't make it easy, but that's the way the city of Baltimore is, and that's the way we are. We did this for them back home." - Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVP


    Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!




  11. #23

    Re: OT - Brendon Ayanbedejo almost lost his ring already

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    You do realize BA had a big hand in Jacoby's SB KR TD, right? He was one of the two guys literally CARRYING a block down the field to prevent the guy from trying to catch Jacoby.

    One or two mistakes shouldn't taint a guy's legacy that much. I suppose Ray Rice is a douchey RB for fumbling 3 times in the playoffs?

    In any case, you'd be more likely to get something from one of those ST players than you would from a big time superstar.
    I was saying douchy because of his personality, not his play on the field.




  12. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pikesville
    Posts
    3,979
    Quote Originally Posted by Trackmaster View Post
    I was saying douchy because of his personality, not his play on the field.
    Yea I hate non-stars who work with charities and advocacy programs trying to help those less fortunate. What jerks.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland