Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
Results 229 to 240 of 432
  1. #229
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,323

    Re: George Zimmerman Trial



    Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    So he deserved to die because he didn't immediately go home? If Zimmerman has the right to follow someone, than Martin has the right to not go home.
    Dade, I can see you're a little torn and maybe emotional. But that's not what he's saying.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  2. #230
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates
    Posts
    4,332

    Re: George Zimmerman Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Dade, I can see you're a little torn and maybe emotional. But that's not what he's saying.
    Maybe not but in any case if you want to fault Martin it needs to be in confronting Zimmerman and beginning the dispute as well as beginning the physical altercation, not in how he could have gone home. Martin had as much right to not go in his house as Zimmerman had to get out of his vehicle.




  3. #231

    Re: George Zimmerman Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    So he deserved to die because he didn't immediately go home? If Zimmerman has the right to follow someone, than Martin has the right to not go home.
    I didn't say he "deserved to die." And yes, he has the right to not go home. And if that was all he did, then there would have been two people standing around talking when the cops arrived instead of a dead body. That is why I said "or talk it out." (looks like I appended quickly but not before you locked it in)

    If you take all of the instances similar to this where a night/neighborhood watchman is investigating someone he deems suspicious and is walking behind, following, and attempting to keep the person in sight while the cops are on route that do NOT lead to a death, the primary difference between them and this would be that the person being followed fled, talked it out, or even waited for the cops rather than trying to beat up the armed guy with the bright red jacket and flashlight.

    She was talking about how this could have been avoided (by Zimmerman). Obviously if either person did not get out of bed that day, it is avoided. Same with if either had never been born. But in terms of acceptable or civilized or legal behavior, the easiest, most sensible, most common way this is avoided is that the followed does not decide to wait around and try to beat the crap out of the patrol.




  4. #232
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,323

    Re: George Zimmerman Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Maybe not but in any case if you want to fault Martin it needs to be in confronting Zimmerman and beginning the dispute as well as beginning the physical altercation, not in how he could have gone home. Martin had as much right to not go in his house as Zimmerman had to get out of his vehicle.
    I don't disagree. I've said anytime I am explaining this to someone who hasn't been following this. No one committed a crime until the fight started.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  5. #233
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Posts
    7,201

    Re: George Zimmerman Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    I didn't say he "deserved to die." And yes, he has the right to not go home. And if that was all he did, then there would have been two people standing around talking when the cops arrived instead of a dead body. That is why I said "or talk it out." (looks like I appended quickly but not before you locked it in)

    If you take all of the instances similar to this where a night/neighborhood watchman is investigating someone he deems suspicious and is walking behind, following, and attempting to keep the person in sight while the cops are on route that do NOT lead to a death, the primary difference between them and this would be that the person being followed fled, talked it out, or even waited for the cops rather than trying to beat up the armed guy with the bright red jacket and flashlight.

    She was talking about how this could have been avoided (by Zimmerman). Obviously if either person did not get out of bed that day, it is avoided. Same with if either had never been born. But in terms of acceptable or civilized or legal behavior, the easiest, most sensible, most common way this is avoided is that the followed does not decide to wait around and try to beat the crap out of the patrol.
    If you believe Martin started the confrontation. I don't which of them started the confrontation. I would lead towards Zimmerman if he took the stand and testified that Martin started the fight, but he didn't.
    "I got this." - Justin Tucker




  6. #234

    Re: George Zimmerman Trial

    By the way, Zimmerman's brother is destroying this biased CCN anchor.




  7. #235
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    22,472

    Re: George Zimmerman Trial

    I said before the verdict and I'm saying it again, I still feel the most for Trayvons parents.

    The case was hijacked from the start by the race hucksters and complicit members of the MSM. That almost assured a bad outcome for all involved.

    This is an example of trying a case with shit evidence. It should NEVER happen no matter the publicity.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 07-13-2013 at 10:47 PM.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  8. #236

    Re: George Zimmerman Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Maybe not but in any case if you want to fault Martin it needs to be in confronting Zimmerman and beginning the dispute as well as beginning the physical altercation, not in how he could have gone home. Martin had as much right to not go in his house as Zimmerman had to get out of his vehicle.
    Right except one of the arguments people defending Martin are making is that Zimmerman chased him and confronted him. The fact Martin had time to go home and did not is proof positive he was looking for a confrontation.

    That isn't the same thing as saying he had some kind of duty to go home or no right to stay out there. It is to say that the argument that the confrontation was unwanted by Martin and forced by Zimmerman is nonsense.




  9. #237

    Re: George Zimmerman Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    If you believe Martin started the confrontation. I don't which of them started the confrontation. I would lead towards Zimmerman if he took the stand and testified that Martin started the fight, but he didn't.
    Fight or confrontation? They can mean different things or the same thing depending on the person.

    This is why I mentioned that Martin had time to go home and did not. That indicates he welcomed a confrontation. As for the 'fight,' i.e. fisticuffs. There is no evidence Zimmerman started it at all. There is no evidence Zimmerman even wanted a confrontation, unlike Martin, only that he wanted to keep his eyes on where Martin was until the cops came.

    In short, there is no evidence that things did not happen almost exactly as Zimmerman claims. And since the prosecution has to disprove the theory beyond a reasonable doubt, that lack of evidence was a massive problem and made a justified conviction pretty much impossible, imo.




  10. #238
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,323

    Re: George Zimmerman Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I said before the verdict and I'm saying it again, I still feel the most for Trayvons parents.

    The case was hijacked from the start by the race hucksters and complicit members of the MSM. That almost assured a bad outcome for all involved.

    This is an example of trying a case with shit evidence. It should NEVER happen no matter the publicity.


    Think this thread started with saying how bad we felt for his parents.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  11. #239
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Posts
    7,201

    Re: George Zimmerman Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I said before the verdict and I'm saying it again, I still feel the most for Trayvons parents.

    The case was hijacked from the start by the race hucksters and complicit members of the MSM. That almost assured a bad outcome for all involved.

    This is an example of trying a case with shit evidence. It should NEVER happen no matter the publicity.
    Great point HR. I couldn't even imagine being in Trayvon's parents shoes...very sad.
    "I got this." - Justin Tucker




  12. #240

    Re: George Zimmerman Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Great point HR. I couldn't even imagine being in Trayvon's parents shoes...very sad.
    Agreed. As Zimmerman's brother just said, wether the verdict was guilty or not guilty, their son is still dead.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland