Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Re: Football on it's way!

Here's an article comparing PItta and Boldin. Both receivers have great hands as you saw in
    the SB with Pitta's TD and Boldin's big catch that knocked the wind out of SF. As far as
    separation is concerned, Boldin got 900 yards last year and over 10,000 career yds. Link is from the Ravens site.

In case you missed Pitta's TD here it is again and someone mentioned working the middle
    more. This TD is over the middle. Torrey Smith makes this play happen because he required
    their best cover guys in the corner of the end zone and Jacoby Jones the same on the other
    side leaving the middle wide open and with Boldin, they just couldn't cover everyone.

We blew that big lead and gave them 2 more points on a deliberate safety not to mention
    the fake FG that missed and we still won.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX33A7HZAM8

The comparison between the two starts with their hands.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...2-3848a0de4b0e
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 07-19-2013 at 01:07 AM.
    Pic of a natural act: UBER RAVENS FAN!

Blog Entries

A good friend of mine is a die hard Packers fan. He and I were looking at going to the Ravens/Packers game...sheesh...like $300 bucks for tickets in the nose bleeds.
    When it comes to quarterbacks, don't pay attention to stats; pay attention to guys who make crucial plays at crucial times. -Gil Brandt

My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

Quote Originally Posted by packfntk View Post
    T- I have season tix to Lambeau and live in GB and have never heard of Cheese Louise. They do have tons if those cheese bras around though. Haha!
    Interesting. Since you attend the games, you're not seeing where the network TV cameras are focusing on Packers fans in the stands. Louise's bra does get the cameraman's attention (I found her attire, or lack thereof, to be so .... distracting ... that I actually missed a few plays of the Ravens-Packers game played here). Her husband, who goes by "St. Vince" was inducted into the NFL Fan Hall of Fame.

St-Vince-1a-300x300.jpg
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Interesting. Since you attend the games, you're not seeing where the network TV cameras are focusing on Packers fans in the stands. Louise's bra does get the cameraman's attention (I found her attire, or lack thereof, to be so .... distracting ... that I actually missed a few plays of the Ravens-Packers game played here). Her husband, who goes by "St. Vince" was inducted into the NFL Fan Hall of Fame.

St-Vince-1a-300x300.jpg
    HAHA, oh I didn't know that was her. Of course I know who St. Vince is, this is a picture of me and him in after the Kansas City game in 2007. (Royals Stadium behind us, I am on the left and plowed.)

There are a few "known fans" and I have just never heard of her and didn't know St. Vince was her husband. Dang, she must be like 30 years younger than him. Good for St. Vince.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    A good friend of mine is a die hard Packers fan. He and I were looking at going to the Ravens/Packers game...sheesh...like $300 bucks for tickets in the nose bleeds.
    Yeah, that is why we aren't buying tickets until next week when we all meet up. We usually see a dip in price in mid-late June. Since you guys have good fans, and it doesn't hurt being champs, and the Packers coming to town eating up tickets, the price will only go up.

Blog Entries

Yeah, that is why we aren't buying tickets until next week when we all meet up. We usually see a dip in price in mid-late June. Since you guys have good fans, and it doesn't hurt being champs, and the Packers coming to town eating up tickets, the price will only go up.
    Pack/Ravens is going to be a majorly high-profile game.

Two recent SB champs...two recent SB MVPs...two of the best QBs in the game going head-to-head.
    When it comes to quarterbacks, don't pay attention to stats; pay attention to guys who make crucial plays at crucial times. -Gil Brandt

My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

I love seeing what other crowds have to bring. Here is another article on the toughest venues in football. I have been to the top 5 on this list.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/b...97&src=desktop
    That is a strange article...they say "toughest", which one would assume means hardest to play in and win? If so, how the hell does M&T not even make the top 10?

Then I saw these 2:
    4. Arrowhead
    10. Oakland
    Oh. Gotcha...this is really a list of perceived-toughest-venues-based-on-NLF-legend-and-lore.

Here's one with a little more statistical evidence backing up toughest to play in and win (note the complete destruction of the "Black Hole" myth): http://www.sportingcharts.com/articl...-nfl-team.aspx

One perhaps biased comment: The AFC North is one of the the most competitive divisions in the NFL. Save for the Browns, the other 3 teams routinely achieve .500 or better records and make the playoffs. Of the last 13 Super Bowls, the AFC North, with 25% of the teams in the AFC, and 12.5% of the teams in the league, has placed 5 AFC teams in the Super Bowl (38%) and won 4 of them (31%). This competitiveness drags down the home winning percentage of the 3 teams, as Pittsburgh, Cincinnati and Baltimore have all suffered home losses to their AFC North rivals in recent years. It all speculation for sure, but I wonder what the home record....and playoff berths and championship record, for that matter, would be of the team in Foxboro if they were placed in a similarly competitive division.

John- HAHA, I was just kind of joking with that article. I was just showing that there are about 10 stadiums that you can find articles about regarding to toughness and loudness. Lambeau also caused a small earthquake with noise in the late 90's like Seattle claims their fame off of.

I by no means meant to knock The Bank, so please don't take offense anyone. We chose your stadium because we are excited to see it, have heard great things about it, and it is ranked fantastically on most boards.

John- HAHA, I was just kind of joking with that article. I was just showing that there are about 10 stadiums that you can find articles about regarding to toughness and loudness. Lambeau also caused a small earthquake with noise in the late 90's like Seattle claims their fame off of.

I by no means meant to knock The Bank, so please don't take offense anyone. We chose your stadium because we are excited to see it, have heard great things about it, and it is ranked fantastically on most boards.
    Hey no worries...no offense taken...I was more perplexed by the opinions in the linked article then anything you said specifically.

Baltimore (and their fans) are known for having a chip on their shoulder. Comes from being perceived as "the rest stop between DC and Philadelphia" on I-95. Many Ravens fans are highly sensitive to perceived slights of their town and teams...on select incidents, with good reason.

Personally, I like being the seen as the little, quiet brother that ain't that tough...until he up and pops you in the mouth. Unfortunately, with the team's recent successes, the ability to remain secretively good among the national perspective is rapidly diminishing.

Got the tickets in the mail this week...looking forward to the Packer game as well.

I don't think anyone thinks of the Ravens of the Ravens as the quiet little brother or secretly good. Well at least around the GB area. I consider Baltimore amongst the top crop of teams and have for a while.

Blog Entries

Ravens are gonna have practice at the Naval Academy at the Navy-Marine Corps Stadium which
    is a first, I think.

BTW, Ravens greatly improved their D by letting Reed and Pollard go and replacing them with
    their #1 pick Elam and Huff signed from OAK. On top of that Ozzie signed Canty and Spears
    and drafted the mammoth Brandon Williams. Wait til you see him and in the middle of all
    that Dumvervil dropped into Ozzie's lap via a fax machine fiasco. Wait til you see Elvis rushing
    from the edge opposite Suggs. And Oz drafted Arthur Brown in the second round who should
    have been a #1 pick but dropped. Oz had so many comp picks, it allowed him to move up in
    the draft with some regular picks to get Brown before Houston got him and he still had the
    comp picks left.

Ravens D will be a tougher unit this year and they won't be running over or throwing over them
    like in the SB when SF got almost 500 yards.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/raven...amp/index.html
    Pic of a natural act: UBER RAVENS FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Ravens are gonna have practice at the Naval Academy at the Navy-Marine Corps Stadium which
    is a first, I think.
    Think again, Trap. Last summer's visit to Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium was the Ravens first, and most popular -- i.e. largest crowd. I heard through friend of a friend that Bisciotti, who used to hang out downtown as a kid and now keeps his yacht in Annapolis Harbor, was elated over the turnout.

In the "old days", Colts and Redskins rookies played an annual scrimmage here as well.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).