Page 4 of 88 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
Results 37 to 48 of 1056
  1. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    8,378
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Jacoby Jones fails Conditioning test



    Much ado about nothing. He'll pass it eventually. IIRC the test is basically wind sprints.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





  2. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    6,879

    Re: Training Camp 2013 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Per Albert Breer ....

    Jacoby Jones is on NFI because he failed the Ravens' conditioning test.
    Looks like he took it today, I guess.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  3. #39

    Re: Jacoby Jones fails Conditioning test

    Well, I for one, am going to crush him, because I had to hear all of this hoopla about Courtney Upshaw who is only in his second year. Even though it's common knowledge that even some of the Ravens best defenders took years to learn how to properly keep their bodies in shape and eat right.

    Here is Jones, a veteran fresh off a Championship, making the exact mistake that gets defending Champions outed early. He should know better than this. What, did he think the starting job was just going to be handed to him or something?

    Failing a conditioning test when you've been in the league how many years? Really?
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  4. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    19,944

    Re: Jacoby Jones fails Conditioning test

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Well, I for one, am going to crush him, because I had to hear all of this hoopla about Courtney Upshaw who is only in his second year. Even though it's common knowledge that even some of the Ravens best defenders took years to learn how to properly keep their bodies in shape and eat right.

    Here is Jones, a veteran fresh off a Championship, making the exact mistake that gets defending Champions outed early. He should know better than this. What, did he think the starting job was just going to be handed to him or something?

    Failing a conditioning test when you've been in the league how many years? Really?
    You're assuming he isn't injured.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  5. #41

    Re: Jacoby Jones fails Conditioning test

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    You're assuming he isn't injured.
    His chances of being the starter are injured.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  6. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    19,944

    Re: Jacoby Jones fails Conditioning test

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    His chances of being the starter are injured.
    Lol ...

    No they're not. This is a small bump in the road. He's the number 2 WR on this team, baring injury.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  7. #43

    Re: Jacoby Jones fails Conditioning test

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Lol ...

    No they're not. This is a small bump in the road. He's the number 2 WR on this team, baring injury.
    Come on Houston, you honestly believe he's hurt? He's probably got some sore parts, from all of the off-season celebrating, but they aren't his legs.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  8. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    19,944

    Re: Jacoby Jones fails Conditioning test

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Come on Houston, you honestly believe he's hurt? He's probably got some sore parts, from all of the off-season celebrating, but they aren't his legs.
    Where did I say he's hurt?

    We don't know why he's on the NFI list. That was my point. Your post made some huge assumptions when we don't know anything about this.

    Even if he was lazy in the off season, he's going to start simply because of a lack of options.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  9. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    8,378
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Training Camp 2013 Thread

    @RavensInsider: Ravens' conditioning test that Jacoby Jones didn't pass is a series of timed interval runs. Typically, a player will pass on second try.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk




  10. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    19,944

    Re: Training Camp 2013 Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    @RavensInsider: Ravens' conditioning test that Jacoby Jones didn't pass is a series of timed interval runs. Typically, a player will pass on second try.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thought so.

    Webb was in the same boat a while back and he was fine.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  11. #47

    Re: Training Camp 2013 Thread





  12. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    baltimore
    Posts
    2,558

    Re: Jacoby Jones fails Conditioning test

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Where did I say he's hurt?

    We don't know why he's on the NFI list. That was my point. Your post made some huge assumptions when we don't know anything about this.

    Even if he was lazy in the off season, he's going to start simply because of a lack of options.
    Do you or anyone else know how serious the coaches take this test?
    For example do they give the player a hard time for failing?
    I'm just trying to see where we as fans rank its importance compared to coaches...
    I think we tend to pay a lot of attention to it because there's nothing else being reported then injuries.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland