Page 26 of 77 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 312 of 920
  1. #301
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    8,832
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Around the League



    Denver got a lot of injuries. Bailey is on crutches.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free




  2. #302

    Re: Around the League

    I agree. I love that stadium and the fans seem great with endless energy and enthusiasm. Their uniforms are great tool And they should be that way; the Seahawks have been playing fast, hard and vicious.I look for them to be a strong player in the postseason.

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I enjoy watching Seattle play at home. Good team in what seems like an incredible gameday atmosphere.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD




  3. #303
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    14,469
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Around the League

    Not sure if any of you watched the Jets and Jax last night but Blaine Gabbert actually looked pretty good. Couldn't believe it was the same guy. He eventually went out with a sprained thumb which may sideline him a little while but he looked far better than Henne
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  4. #304

    Re: Around the League

    I saw the game but honestly was finding it difficult to get past those Jax helmets.




  5. #305

    Re: Around the League

    I watched some of that Jax game and I noticed Jonathan Cyprien....the other safety we were considering has a long ways to go. He fell down while trying to cover Cumberland on the Jets first TD and also was called for a PI earlier where he looked lost on a 9 route.




    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  6. #306
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,209
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I watched some of that Jax game and I noticed Jonathan Cyprien....the other safety we were considering has a long ways to go. He fell down while trying to cover Cumberland on the Jets first TD and also was called for a PI earlier where he looked lost on a 9 route.

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Kind if glad to hear that. Not sure how Reid or Vacoro (my personal favourite) from the class are getting on. I could not be happier with Elam's progress. So far he really does have the look of a typical first round Raven defensive talent.




  7. #307
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    8,832
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Around the League

    Dustin Keller out for the season with a knee injury.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free




  8. #308
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    14,469
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Around the League

    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Dustin Keller out for the season with a knee injury.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    That was a brutal injury with his leg sticking the wrong way - Theisman esque...

    He gambled on himself taking that one year deal with Miami... too bad he got hurt
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  9. #309
    iggyman555 Guest

    Re: Around the League

    wow this is terrible


    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m

    Dolphins TE Dustin Keller tore his ACL, MCL, PCL and, as if that weren't enough, dislocated his knee, per source.




  10. #310
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    22,607

    Re: Around the League

    Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    wow this is terrible


    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m

    Dolphins TE Dustin Keller tore his ACL, MCL, PCL and, as if that weren't enough, dislocated his knee, per source.
    Oh man. That is terrible.

    I can't help but think that hit was dirty. I don't think he intended to do that much damage, but there was zero reason to go that low. I know Swearinger said he wanted to hit low to avoid the helmet hit, but going low isn't the answer and he should know better.

    You wrap the player up. Period.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  11. #311

    Re: Around the League

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Oh man. That is terrible.

    I can't help but think that hit was dirty. I don't think he intended to do that much damage, but there was zero reason to go that low. I know Swearinger said he wanted to hit low to avoid the helmet hit, but going low isn't the answer and he should know better.

    You wrap the player up. Period.
    Ugly looking hit:

    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...021118557.html

    I expect more of these with the rules being what they are. Players aiming for the chest end up with a helmet hit when the runner dips his head. Players will aim lower to avoid the penalties. I see it as unfortunate more than dirty though.
    Last edited by Bigfish; 08-18-2013 at 12:38 PM.




  12. #312
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    San Dimas, CA
    Posts
    5,937

    Re: Around the League

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    Ugly looking hit:

    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...021118557.html

    I expect more of these with the rules being what they are. Players aiming for the chest end up with a helmet hit when the runner dips his head. Players will aim lower to avoid the penalties. I see it as unfortunate more than dirty though.
    This was predicted by many as the unintended consequence of the helmet-to-helmet rule.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland