Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 44
  1. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pikesville
    Posts
    4,048

    Re: Very concerning but nothing......



    [QUOTE=NCRAVEN;646951Is there anything Trap said that was incorrect?[/QUOTE]

    Other than the implication that somehow white people are on the short end of the race relations stick?
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron




  2. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,253

    Re: Very concerning but nothing......

    Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Other than the implication that somehow white people are on the short end of the race relations stick?
    How did you get that from his post?
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  3. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    22,062

    Re: Very concerning but nothing......

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I don't think there is anything wrong with pointing out the hypocrisy of Jackson and Sharpton and also pointing out that white folks are not making this a big racial issue. The fact is whites are victims of blacks very disproportionately than blacks are victims of whites but nobody is making stink of that, racial or otherwise.
    Yes, there's definitely hypocrisy in the manner in which race is dealt with in some circles, particularly the media. But my point is why even point our the race at all.

    As to your second point, no other victim comes close to black crime than blacks themselves. If we're going to parse out crime based on race of the criminal / victim, that's the worst tragedy of them all.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  4. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    11,318
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Very concerning but nothing......

    Ask Zimmerman if he got the short end of the stick as OBY smoothly plays the race card once again. I'm talking about certain situations like this and the one I was in at work.
    Discrimination comes in various shapes and forms and the minorities don't corner the
    market on being discriminated against. Just saying, ya know?

    _________________________________________
    He stood in the White House briefing room, and through the magic of his own silky rhetoric and skill with metaphor, he was able animate the body of a slain African-American teenager, Trayvon Martin.
    ______________________________________
    Read Full Article


    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/201...rd_311961.html
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 08-07-2013 at 09:36 PM.
    UBER RAVENS FAN AND HISTORIAN GURU.




  5. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates
    Posts
    4,228

    Re: Very concerning but nothing......

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Yes, there's definitely hypocrisy in the manner in which race is dealt with in some circles, particularly the media. But my point is why even point our the race at all.

    As to your second point, no other victim comes close to black crime than blacks themselves. If we're going to parse out crime based on race of the criminal / victim, that's the worst tragedy of them all.
    1. The pointing out is being done by Sharpton, et al. To point out the hypocrisy requires some pointing as well. Are you suggesting we just ignore these race hustlers? I think it needs to be made plainly clear that he is a liar and blackmailer.

    2. You are correct but the hucksters and this thread are about cross-race crime.




  6. #18

    Re: Very concerning but nothing......

    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Discrimination comes in various shapes and forms and the minorities don't corner the
    market on being discriminated against. Just saying, ya know?
    ]
    It's not comparable at all.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  7. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pikesville
    Posts
    4,048

    Re: Very concerning but nothing......

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    1. The pointing out is being done by Sharpton, et al. To point out the hypocrisy requires some pointing as well. Are you suggesting we just ignore these race hustlers? I think it needs to be made plainly clear that he is a liar and blackmailer.

    2. You are correct but the hucksters and this thread are about cross-race crime.
    There's nothing hypocritical about being a single issue advocate who doesn't get involved in events unrelated to that issue. Sharpton and Jackson, whether you agree with them or not, focus their efforts on what they perceive as discrimination against blacks. Since that isn't the issue here why should they comment?
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron




  8. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    11,318
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Very concerning but nothing......

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    It's not comparable at all.
    It is when you're the one being discriminated vs. I made that statement in a
    Toastmasters speech and the minorities in the audience applauded me.


    Again, I say this is in certain situations but I lived with discrimination every day
    for 8 years. I didn't describe half of it.

    The point goes back to the libs playing the race card with Zs own prez attacking him and
    in the last 2 elections with OBY running the slimiest campaign in history and Romney didn't fight back. He was scared to. He didn't even go for the jugular in the debates by hitting him with Libya for fear of back lash and OBY is still playing the race card according to the link.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 08-07-2013 at 11:01 PM.
    UBER RAVENS FAN AND HISTORIAN GURU.




  9. #21

    Re: Very concerning but nothing......

    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    It is when you're the one being discriminated vs. I made that statement in a
    Toastmasters speech and the minorities in the audience applauded me.


    Again, I say this is in certain situations but I lived with discrimination every day
    for 8 years. I didn't describe half of it.

    The point goes back to the libs playing the race card with Zs own prez attacking him and
    in the last 2 elections with OBY running the slimiest campaign in history and Romney didn't fight back. He was scared to. He didn't even go for the jugular in the debates by hitting him with Libya for fear of back lash and OBY is still playing the race card according to the link.
    Cut it out with the Lib BS. Both parties are full of shit and full of liars, cheaters and all types of political slime. As if all this countries problems are due to Dems or due to Repubs...it's a joke.

    As for your discrimination, I'm sorry and I know it stinks...but do you really want to go tit for tat on instances of perceived discrimination? As an African American who has experienced redlining by banks and housing developments, problems getting loans that my white friends get with ease with the same credit ratings, problems finding employment despite having high qualifications and the same promotion problems you described...and many others.

    I'm not turning this into a woe is me post, but it's not comparable. For every instance you can come up with, there are numerous minorities that face it every day.



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  10. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    11,318
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Very concerning but nothing......

    Sure all politicians lie and cheat. That's a requirement for the job. We got Tricky Dick on one side and Slick Willie on the other but we're talking race here and this president is the first to play the race card and the last two candidates vs him were afraid to attack him because of it. Ive given a couple of links and can provide more.

    I can take you down to the Metro WEst bldg on Green St and show you hundreds of minorities that made it and same with APG. I have wonderful neighbors in this condo bldg that got the credit to move out here and they're driving Lexis and BMWs.

    Again, I'm talking about certain situations where the tables are turned and where the
    race card is played and the president of the U.S attacking private individual even after
    the case is over.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 08-08-2013 at 01:56 AM.
    UBER RAVENS FAN AND HISTORIAN GURU.




  11. #23

    Re: Very concerning but nothing......

    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Sure all politicians lie and cheat. That's a requirement for the job. We got Tricky Dick on one side and Slick Willie on the other but we're talking race here and this president is the first to play the race card and the last two candidates vs him were afraid to attack him because of it. Ive given a couple of links and can provide more.

    I can take you down to the Metro WEst bldg on Green St and show you hundreds of minorities that made it and same with APG. I have wonderful neighbors in this condo bldg that got the credit to move out here and they're driving Lexis and BMWs.

    Again, I'm talking about certain situations where the tables are turned and where the
    race card is played and the president of the U.S attacking private individual even after
    the case is over.
    I never said minorities never "made it". I, myself make good money and I dont really want for anything.

    That doesnt mean that I or others hav3nt been discriminated against at various points in our lives just because we drive a luxury car.

    As for Obama, he is black, and based on history, we have a natural skepticism of some of these laws and authority figures. Non-minorities wont understand though. Hell, there was a judge in Pennsylvania who got caught basically selling youths to a local detention center...recieved over 2.5 million dollars to hand out harsh and sometimes unnecessary sentences. Im black obviously and I'm not happy with the way the Zimmerman situation played out. I don't think anything he said was inflammatory. ..sorry if you dont want to hear it or think a black man shouldnt ever mention anything about race. It's real to a LOT of us out here and even those minorities you point to as having material things likely experienced some of what he and others have talked about.

    There are still minorities that hadto fight for the right to vote and simply for the right to sit in a deli and order something to eat. We have made a lot of progress, but there still is a ways to go...white male privilege is still real.

    Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  12. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    11,318
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Very concerning but nothing......

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I never said minorities never "made it". I, myself make good money and I dont really want for anything.

    That doesnt mean that I or others hav3nt been discriminated against at various points in our lives just because we drive a luxury car.

    And like I said, I've been discriminated vs and so have others I know.



    As for Obama, he is black, and based on history, we have a natural skepticism of some of these laws and authority figures. Non-minorities wont understand though. Hell, there was a judge in Pennsylvania who got caught basically selling youths to a local detention center...recieved over 2.5 million dollars to hand out harsh and sometimes unnecessary sentences. Im black obviously and I'm not happy with the way the Zimmerman situation played out. I don't think anything he said was inflammatory. ..sorry if you dont want to hear it or think a black man shouldnt ever mention anything about race. It's real to a LOT of us out here and even those minorities you point to as having material things likely experienced some of what he and others have talked about.

    It's the constant playing of race card by the president of the U.S as the link showed.
    You just don't want to hear that. That never happened before and you don't want to
    hear that. And there are white ghettos with millions in them that you don't want to talk about. I'll show you the Jewish ghettos over in West Balto and then take you to NY and the DC ghettos.


    There are still minorities that hadto fight for the right to vote and simply for the right to sit in a deli and order something to eat. We have made a lot of progress, but there still is a ways to go...white male privilege is still real.


    Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    The entire population of the world was enslaved by the Roman Empire for
    hundreds of years and others before that. Read the story how 300 Spartans died
    as free men defending Greece from 100,000 Persians centuries ago. Our entire country fought for the right to vote when it left England and thousands died for it.

    It took minorities a lot longer but they got it and with the help of whites like LBJ and
    Congress that made The Civil Rights Act a reality, which bTW was signed into
    by the guy libbies hate - Richard Nixon on 23 Jun 1972.

    I respect what you're saying and I can appreciate it
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 08-08-2013 at 08:06 AM.
    UBER RAVENS FAN AND HISTORIAN GURU.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland