Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: not pretty in Pittsburgh

They asked John Madden about the state of the AFCN on his show today (every Wed).

He said he thought Baltimore and Cinci would be just fine and be in the thick of things. Browns are going to be the Browns and Pitt is just not very good. Got themselves into cap hell and need to face reality at some stage
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

The steelers are just not very good. This has been in the making with their bad drafts and hanging onto aging vets plus losing good players.

Plus Todd Haley is like their version of cam Cameron at OC. Square peg round hole.

I work with a knowledgable steelers fan, I know that's hard to believe, and he believes they will be lucky to hit 500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    Not only do the Steelers lose their (home) opener but they lose C Maurice Pouncey (probably their best o-lineman) for the year, as well as Larry Foote (torn bicep).

saw the replay. DeCastro, the guard, pulled left and dove right into Pouncey's knee. ugh.

article and video here
    http://nfl.si.com/2013/09/08/maurkic...urgh-steelers/

five sacks! 32 net yards rushing! ugly.

next game: @ Cincinatti. if they can't beat the Titans at home does anyone think they'll beat the Bengals in their house?

depth. good to have.
    DeCastro was supposed to be one of the best lineman in his draft. He's been injured
    and done nothing in PIss.
    Pic of a natural act: UBER RAVENS FAN AND HISTORIAN GURU. THE PAST IS NOT DEAD, IN FACT, IT IS NOT EVEN PAST.' WILLIAM FAULKNER.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    The steelers are just not very good. This has been in the making with their bad drafts and hanging onto aging vets plus losing good players.

Plus Todd Haley is like their version of cam Cameron at OC. Square peg round hole.

I work with a knowledgable steelers fan, I know that's hard to believe, and he believes they will be lucky to hit 500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Yea, but they beat us when they're bad like last year with Charlie Batch and Dixon almost
    beat us.

HARBs loses these games we should win and it costs us the home field advantage in the championship game every year.
    Pic of a natural act: UBER RAVENS FAN AND HISTORIAN GURU. THE PAST IS NOT DEAD, IN FACT, IT IS NOT EVEN PAST.' WILLIAM FAULKNER.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Yea, but they beat us when they're bad like last year with Charlie Batch and Dixon almost
    beat us.

HARBs loses these games we should win and it costs us the home field advantage in the championship game every year.
    Yup we gotta take care of business this year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    DeCastro was supposed to be one of the best lineman in his draft. He's been injured
    and done nothing in PIss.
    Jamison Hensley said he was the best guard prospect since Steve Hutchison..

Have to wonder how long BR holds up with a terrible OL. It will be a miracle if he plays 16 games this year, considering how many he has missed in years past. His body is already damaged from earlier hits. Tomlin will have to be a magician to get a winning season this year.

Blog Entries

if they find a way to win in Cinci they will have renewed energy. The Bengals have to kill the dream this week
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I think no matter how bad talent wise they will be, they will play everyone tough.

On another note, most of us on this board called this downfall due to their bad drafts year after year. The one position they can draft pretty good is WRs, but can't find an O-lineman to save their souls. Couple that with the defensive players just getting older and older without any sense of replacements, we see what is become of them. I see long dark days ahead for them especially since they do not dig into FA.

In the today's NFL, even the best drafting teams go into FA, but the Steeler's seem to live in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    It almost feels as though, at least the Bengals and Ravens have the talent to recover. We all knew that Pittsburgh faced the insurmountable task of staying healthy. Injuries are already hitting them. That defense can still hang in there, but they aren't holding teams to 10 points the way they used to.
    I'm not sure if "recover" is the correct word. The Ravens were heavy dogs in Week 1. They played their toughest game of the season in the opener. Cincy at Chicago was pretty much a coin flip, with maybe a slight edge to the Bears. Cincy outplayed Chicago dramatically for most of the game. I don't look at either loss as that surprising. I do see the Steeler loss to the Titans as shocking though, particularly as inept as they looked. If the Steelers get handled at home against the Titans this year, who are they gonna beat?

I took a lot of grief from people I know when I predicted a 4-12 Steeler season, but I'm getting some backtracking now. Naturally, Steeler fans are blaming it on injuries. I point out to them that injuries are part of the game and good teams have talented backups, and the Steelers have invested so much money in past-their-prime players like Polamalu, Clark, Taylor, etc that they have no real proven veterans at any position.

People are gonna blame Tomlin, but their GM should be fired long before Tomlin. It's his job to give the coach talent, and he's made some awful decisions to cripple the Steeler roster.

Blog Entries

Larry Foote has a torn bicep? Oh c'mon, that's nothing a little antler spray wouldn't take care of.