Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 69
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,016
    Blog Entries
    5

    Joe Flacco "Almost There" (not quite top 10)



    smh... when will these football analysts learn? Granted the article is for THIS YEAR and not a lifetime of work. But still, C'MON MAN!

    Philip Rivers who has never won anything and owns a losing record this year is ranked in the top 5 along with fellow loser record QB golden boy Matt Ryan. Flacco at 2-1 can't crack the top 10. He's "almost there". Quite comical actually.

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...g-the-starters




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    8,460
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Joe Flacco "Almost There" (not quite top 10)

    All about them fantasy stats man. Nobody actually cares about who wins and how you have to play to win a football game.




  3. #3

    Re: Joe Flacco "Almost There" (not quite top 10)

    Credit to Rivers this year. He's playing well and really doesn't have much to throw to

    "I've always been told that I'm too small, i'm not big enough, i'm not fast enough, i don't have what it takes, I prepare so no one can take what is mine. No one can replace my mind, my heart."

    "Leave your mark to endure forever."




  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,016
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Joe Flacco "Almost There" (not quite top 10)

    Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    Credit to Rivers this year. He's playing well and really doesn't have much to throw to
    I'm tired of hearing how good Rivers is every year from these national anaylst. The guy hasn't won shit. That Cleveland 3rd stringer just threw for 300+ yards and 3 TDs. I'm surprised he didn't crack this idiots top 10.




  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    21,188

    Re: Joe Flacco "Almost There" (not quite top 10)

    I don't see where the author is being unfair.

    As you pointed out, the author is simply looking at this year so far.

    Rivers has had a better season than Joe this year so far.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,016
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Joe Flacco "Almost There" (not quite top 10)

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I don't see where the author is being unfair.

    As you pointed out, the author is simply looking at this year so far.

    Rivers has had a better season than Joe this year so far.
    Except for that glaring won loss record.




  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    8,460
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Joe Flacco "Almost There" (not quite top 10)

    Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Except for that glaring won loss record.
    Going 1-2 is a great accomplishment apparently.




  8. #8

    Re: Joe Flacco "Almost There" (not quite top 10)

    Funny to see no Tom Brady in the top 10. Also ANYONE who ever puts Tony Romo that high is high.... and completely going by numbers and not watching any game being played on the field. I don't care WTF Romo's stats are right now. He WILL fuck it all up when it counts the most. And he may just make it into the playoffs this year for a change... but only because the NFC E blows this year so far.

    I don't remember where I heard it or read it but, Tony Romo is the exact opposite of Joe Flacco. Romo is a Fantasy Stats machine. He will rack up numbers all game or when it matters the least and then screw it all up when it counts. Flacco will look completely average all game long but he'll make the key plays that matter the most when you need them the most.

    That's why Flacco has won a Super Bowl and taken a decent his team with average weapons at WR to the Playoffs 5 years in a row and counting... and Romo has squandered elite talent at the WR position year after year.




  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    13,478
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Joe Flacco "Almost There" (not quite top 10)

    it's all about the stats. I'd rather have boring wins
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  10. #10

    Re: Joe Flacco "Almost There" (not quite top 10)

    The bigger joke is the fact that they are actually ranking QB's based on the first 3 games of a season.

    Exercise in futility.




  11. #11

    Re: Joe Flacco "Almost There" (not quite top 10)

    Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    Funny to see no Tom Brady in the top 10. Also ANYONE who ever puts Tony Romo that high is high.... and completely going by numbers and not watching any game being played on the field. I don't care WTF Romo's stats are right now. He WILL fuck it all up when it counts the most. And he may just make it into the playoffs this year for a change... but only because the NFC E blows this year so far.

    I don't remember where I heard it or read it but, Tony Romo is the exact opposite of Joe Flacco. Romo is a Fantasy Stats machine. He will rack up numbers all game or when it matters the least and then screw it all up when it counts. Flacco will look completely average all game long but he'll make the key plays that matter the most when you need them the most.

    That's why Flacco has won a Super Bowl and taken a decent his team with average weapons at WR to the Playoffs 5 years in a row and counting... and Romo has squandered elite talent at the WR position year after year.
    Excellent post.




  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,016
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Joe Flacco "Almost There" (not quite top 10)

    Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    Funny to see no Tom Brady in the top 10. Also ANYONE who ever puts Tony Romo that high is high.... and completely going by numbers and not watching any game being played on the field. I don't care WTF Romo's stats are right now. He WILL fuck it all up when it counts the most. And he may just make it into the playoffs this year for a change... but only because the NFC E blows this year so far.

    I don't remember where I heard it or read it but, Tony Romo is the exact opposite of Joe Flacco. Romo is a Fantasy Stats machine. He will rack up numbers all game or when it matters the least and then screw it all up when it counts. Flacco will look completely average all game long but he'll make the key plays that matter the most when you need them the most.

    That's why Flacco has won a Super Bowl and taken a decent his team with average weapons at WR to the Playoffs 5 years in a row and counting... and Romo has squandered elite talent at the WR position year after year.
    John Eisenberg has a great article about this very subject. Eisenberg says Joe is earning every penny of his contract.

    There is so much more to being a QB than gaudy stats. It's knowing how to manage the game as it unfolds which Joe is great at. People use the term "game manager" for a QB like it's a curse. The two best game managers are Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. Not only can these guys throw a football, but they know how to manage the flow of the game, and so does Joe Flacco.

    http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...d-b3384d3eb46c




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland