Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 37 to 48 of 97

Thread: 5 ints

  1. #37

    Re: 5 ints



    Everyone is killing Joe, but makes no mention of the poor line play and our inability to run the ball. Our offense does well with play action. When you have only 15 yds rushing, linebackers no longer bite on the play action. Another thing to consider is the fact that all three of our running backs are injured. Rice, hip, Pierce, hamstring Draughn high ankle sprain. Look for Draughn to be cut and Anthony Allen to return. Joe had a poor day but his line and the teams inability to run the ball didn't help.




  2. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    baltimore
    Posts
    2,779

    Re: 5 ints

    Quote Originally Posted by celticrob View Post
    Everyone is killing Joe, but makes no mention of the poor line play and our inability to run the ball. Our offense does well with play action. When you have only 15 yds rushing, linebackers no longer bite on the play action. Another thing to consider is the fact that all three of our running backs are injured. Rice, hip, Pierce, hamstring Draughn high ankle sprain. Look for Draughn to be cut and Anthony Allen to return. Joe had a poor day but his line and the teams inability to run the ball didn't help.
    Check out other threads that are started. O-Line is getting slammed. Gino particularly and the scheme and rightfully so in my opinion.

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2




  3. #39

    Re: 5 ints

    Quote Originally Posted by celticrob View Post
    Everyone is killing Joe, but makes no mention of the poor line play and our inability to run the ball. Our offense does well with play action. When you have only 15 yds rushing, linebackers no longer bite on the play action. Another thing to consider is the fact that all three of our running backs are injured. Rice, hip, Pierce, hamstring Draughn high ankle sprain. Look for Draughn to be cut and Anthony Allen to return. Joe had a poor day but his line and the teams inability to run the ball didn't help.
    I think you need to start reading the other threads. Plenty of them are killing our OL and deservedly so.




  4. #40

    Re: 5 ints

    Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    I don't question what the Ravens paid Joe at all. But, no doubt Joe was a big part of the loss with at least 3 picks that were on him. The two tips balls are a large part the receivers, but Joe still threw the ball and it goes on his stat sheet. I also question why Joe threw what almost looked to be a jump to the 5'7 Ray Rice on that 3rd down throw. It looked like he had Marlon on the corner of the endzone.

    At the end of the day this was a total offensive let down today. The O-Line stunk up the place and the running backs failed to make any impact at all. Ed Dickson continues to play his way off the team. I think the WRs actually played well and Deonte Thompson had a very good day.
    If you were watching, my seats were I'm immediately to the left of the tunnel. That happened right in front of me and they were on the 7 yard line. I saw Brown open and was jumping up and down pointing that direction. I swear Joe looked right at me than threw it to Rice instead. I almost threw my beer at him. Oh wait meant my soda cause they shut off beer at halftime. What a pos stadium and pos day.




  5. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Toluca Lake, CA
    Posts
    1,058
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 5 ints

    The one to Torrey in the EZ was the big killer. Gave away 3 points.




  6. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,382
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: 5 ints

    Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    If you were watching, my seats were I'm immediately to the left of the tunnel. That happened right in front of me and they were on the 7 yard line. I saw Brown open and was jumping up and down pointing that direction. I swear Joe looked right at me than threw it to Rice instead. I almost threw my beer at him. Oh wait meant my soda cause they shut off beer at halftime. What a pos stadium and pos day.
    Wow. So I didn't imagine Marlon being open right across the line on the corner of the endzone. Even if he hits Marlon and Marlon steps up to ensure the catch and gets tackled at the 1 yard line it's a first down. Yea, Joe just had a bad day.




  7. #43

    Re: 5 ints

    Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Wow. So I didn't imagine Marlon being open right across the line on the corner of the endzone. Even if he hits Marlon and Marlon steps up to ensure the catch and gets tackled at the 1 yard line it's a first down. Yea, Joe just had a bad day.
    Nope he was open. I was jumping up and down on the cheap bench's they call seats there pointing at Brown. And I was wearing a Flacco jersey at that lol. I swear he looked right at me iurned and threw to Rice. Lol oh well.

    We had ugly games last year too.




  8. #44

    Re: 5 ints

    Quote Originally Posted by ravenfever View Post
    Look at the bright side of this, even with 5 INT'S/bad as the Ravens looked they still had a chance to win at the end.
    That's true. And that's what hurt even more. The way that ball was thrown only to be tipped and picked (with one more chance, a 4th down) in play!

    There was traffic there in the middle. Mind you, we only sent 3, with 2 extra being kept to help protect (ugh oline).
    Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Wow. So I didn't imagine Marlon being open right across the line on the corner of the endzone. Even if he hits Marlon and Marlon steps up to ensure the catch and gets tackled at the 1 yard line it's a first down. Yea, Joe just had a bad day.
    I saw that too! I saw Marlon curl with about 1-3 yard cushion, with Joe's arm strength, I have no doubt he would've been able to fire that in there had he looked there, in time.

    The decision (a bad one, which are plentiful so far this season) to go to Rice made ZERO sense:
    1) shortest guy for the jump ball./
    2) double covered
    Self appointed Ravens SuperFan in the southern hemisphere/New Zealand.




  9. #45

    Re: 5 ints

    Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Wow. So I didn't imagine Marlon being open right across the line on the corner of the endzone. Even if he hits Marlon and Marlon steps up to ensure the catch and gets tackled at the 1 yard line it's a first down. Yea, Joe just had a bad day.
    I am watching this play again, Marlon is not as open as you all think. I have it paused as Joe is looking at him. Brown is on the first down line, the yellow line just short of the goal line, about two and half to three yards in the end zone is the DB, he is already moving towards Marlon when Joe instead looks to Rice and throws. In my opinion, if the throws it to Brown, it is either knocked down or maybe a pick 6 that ends the game there. Possible that Joe was skittish after the other endzone INT but I don't think it would have happened.

    What they should have done if possible was realize that the DB was playing off Brown, habve Marlon go out to the 3 and tunr real quick, Joe hits him them and I think that is a TD or at least picks up the first.

    Also Clark was raising his hands like he didn't know the play, might have been worth a TO to get everyone right, that is debatable though.


    All in all a pretty bad game form most everyone including Joe but on this play I don't think he Brown was open.




  10. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,382
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: 5 ints

    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    That's true. And that's what hurt even more. The way that ball was thrown only to be tipped and picked (with one more chance, a 4th down) in play!

    There was traffic there in the middle. Mind you, we only sent 3, with 2 extra being kept to help protect (ugh oline).
    I saw that too! I saw Marlon curl with about 1-3 yard cushion, with Joe's arm strength, I have no doubt he would've been able to fire that in there had he looked there, in time.

    The decision (a bad one, which are plentiful so far this season) to go to Rice made ZERO sense:
    1) shortest guy for the jump ball./
    2) double covered
    Exactly. It's bad enough he missed An open Marlon. But to throw essentially a jump back to Ray Rice is beyond puzzling.




  11. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    11,626
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 5 ints

    That comes out to about $24M pr interception.
    UBER RAVENS FAN AND HISTORIAN GURU.




  12. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    11,626
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 5 ints

    Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Exactly. It's bad enough he missed An open Marlon. But to throw essentially a jump back to Ray Rice is beyond puzzling.

    It was also bad enough Marlon was open on the goal line and JOe put
    it there but he was knocked down from behind and no flag. Brown
    would have caught that ball.

    That's what they call home field advantage.
    UBER RAVENS FAN AND HISTORIAN GURU.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland