Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 49
  1. #1

    Gradkowski must sit



    I've watched Gino Gradkowski through preseason and 5 games thus far and I have to conclude that this kid is simply not ready for prime time football. Slow line calls, lack of strength and punch at the point of attack, and an inability to handle line stunts in the passing game have spelled disaster for both Guards Yanda, Osomele and the entire O line. A Q Shipley looked especially good subbing for an injured Osomele against the Miami line today. Unlike Gradkowski, this vet showed some " mean " in his game. Going forward, the fortunes of this O line and the entire offense will not change for the better until Shipley moves into the starting Center slot and Monroe replaces Mckinney. What say you?




  2. #2

    Re: Gradkowski must sit

    No offense, but there are numerous other threads calling for Gino and McKinnie to be benched. Did we really need another?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    21,221

    Re: Gradkowski must sit

    Gino plays a decent game and now he should be replaced by a player who hasn't started at center since 2008 at Penn State?!?!

    And that is suppose to help our line problems how exactly?
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Westminster - Raventown, MD!
    Posts
    12,855
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Gradkowski must sit

    I'll wait for Filmstudy's writeup. In my view, Gradkowski and Shipley turned in equal games. Both had rough spots, both seemed to improve in the 2nd half. You could argue that Shipley's is more impressive due to playing LG and without any prep, but I'm not so sure that equates to him being clearly better than Gradkowski.
    .
    .
    FOR REED, BIRK, BOLDIN, RAY, ART, TEVIN, OJ, and BALTIMORE...
    SUPER BOWL 47 CHAMPION RAVENS!!!!!!

    "We don't make it easy, but that's the way the city of Baltimore is, and that's the way we are. We did this for them back home." - Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVP


    Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!




  5. #5

    Re: Gradkowski must sit

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Gino plays a decent game and now he should be replaced by a player who hasn't started at center since 2008 at Penn State?!?!

    And that is suppose to help our line problems how exactly?
    He started four games at center last year for a playoff team.




  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    21,221

    Gradkowski must sit

    Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    He started four games at center last year for a playoff team.
    My mistake.

    Not sure I'm changing my opinion on the process though. Shuffling the line is not a good solution.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 10-07-2013 at 06:24 AM.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    24,359
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Gradkowski must sit

    Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    He started four games at center last year for a playoff team.
    Who traded him for a 7th round pick.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  8. #8

    Re: Gradkowski must sit

    Quote Originally Posted by rastaman831226 View Post
    I've watched Gino Gradkowski through preseason and 5 games thus far and I have to conclude that this kid is simply not ready for prime time football. Slow line calls, lack of strength and punch at the point of attack, and an inability to handle line stunts in the passing game have spelled disaster for both Guards Yanda, Osomele and the entire O line. A Q Shipley looked especially good subbing for an injured Osomele against the Miami line today. Unlike Gradkowski, this vet showed some " mean " in his game. Going forward, the fortunes of this O line and the entire offense will not change for the better until Shipley moves into the starting Center slot and Monroe replaces Mckinney. What say you?
    Another Gino thread. We are definitely missing Birk but I am not sure we have a better available right now.

    They may realize it as Jensen has been kept on the 53 for a reason. As for AQ he was okay yesterday but got beat bad at least once and is small. Especially good...not sure I would say that.




  9. #9

    Re: Gradkowski must sit

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Gino plays a decent game and now he should be replaced by a player who hasn't started at center since 2008 at Penn State?!?!

    And that is suppose to help our line problems how exactly?
    He started 5 games last year for the Colts. According to PFF he only surrendered 5 pressures and 0 sacks. Gino had 13 pressures through 4 games, and 2 sacks. Gino has also the worst pass block grade of any center in the league by far. On paper Shipley looks like the better player right now.




  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    where my head touches the pillow
    Posts
    4,335
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Gradkowski must sit

    Gino played his best game yesterday, still rough but when you see even yanda getting beat one on one then the whole line is bad..but like i said it gave me hope when 4 out of 5 linemen settled down and played fairly well in the 2nd half.




  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    24,359
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Gradkowski must sit

    Considering Gino squared off against one of the best NTs in the league yesterday, he did about as well as you could ask. I counted multiple running plays where he got to the second level and was blocking down on linebackers.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  12. #12

    Re: Gradkowski must sit

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Considering Gino squared off against one of the best NTs in the league yesterday, he did about as well as you could ask. I counted multiple running plays where he got to the second level and was blocking down on linebackers.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    He also had a nice block in space on a screen play. I saw Yanda get worked over one on one yesterday. Not sure why the line played better in the second half. Whatever it was they need to keep it going. Not sure that Shipley would be an upgrade over GG. That being said if they are equal you play the younger guy as he has the potential to improve. Shipley is more experienced and what you see is what you get. I do like seeing AQ play well at guard as that gives the team some flexibility. It was also nice to see Wagner run block with some aggression.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland