Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ed Reed is active

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I guess the idea of 'saving him for the playoffs' went out the window when it started appearing unlikely they'd make the playoffs.
    Texans fans were so delusional. They were saying that Reed was going to come in and make the secondary shut down top QB's like Manning in the playoffs.

Schaub is the real problem with that team.

Yes Ed Reed has lost it and I too am glad he got his money in Houston but we have our own concerns at safety... which is our biggest weakness on this defense

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Digits View Post
    Yes Ed Reed has lost it and I too am glad he got his money in Houston but we have our own concerns at safety... which is our biggest weakness on this defense
    Safety our biggest concern on defense?

LOL no. Ihedigbo is playing at a very high level. He is PFF's highest rated safety in the NFL. Also, Elam has been playing well. Just because they aren't making huge splash plays doesn't mean they aren't playing well. Ihedigbo was an inch away from having a pick.

Reed not being able to catch Davis is no big deal. There might be 2 safeties in the league than can run Davis down. He is by far the fastest TE in the game.

That being said, we all saw this coming with Ed. He is a shadow of his former self and certainly isn't worth anywhere NEAR what Houston paid him. He is not anywhere near the biggest problem in Houston either. Schaub is the problem, the guy is a turd, plain and simple. He was a bad team mate in Atlanta if you guys can remember back. When he was 2nd string behind Vick, I remember him not being too happy and all to quick to talk about it. Now he is a robot in the pocket and people have seen enough of him on tape to predict with almost absolute certainty what he is going to do in certain situations. Now not all of that is on Schaub, some has to go on Kubiak for the predictable play calling, but Schaub has to see the coverage and go somewhere else.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Digits View Post
    Jimmy Smith approves this message...or he would have, if he had seen it coming his way.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Agreed, but you have to admit that if both Ray and Ed had gone into the HOF the same year, that Ray would have gotten most of the attention. I have long felt that Ed never got the national publicity that he deserved, because his career was overshadowed by Ray's career.
    That was true even to the last home game Ed ever played in a Raven uniform. The entire playoff game against the Colts was about Ray -- very little was mentioned about Ed. There are reasons for that: Ed had not announced his retirement and Ray had been the face of the franchise since it got to Baltimore. But it was telling that even on his last ride as a Raven, Ed got very little attention. Maybe he wanted it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Jimmy Smith approves this message...or he would have, if he had seen it coming his way.

Blog Entries

Ozzie is successful for many reasons. One is that he would let a HOF player like Ed Reed walk and draft Elam in the 1st round... Bc

I think if you look at it on the surface - "did the Texans expect to get a player who performs at HOF level?", then the answer is no, I don't think they were stupid enough to think that Ed would be able to do that.

However if you were to ask "did the Texans want to purchase a piece of the teamwork magic of the Ravens?" the then the answer is yes, they were trying to put together a unit that has the cohesiveness and field intelligence that the Ravens displayed for years.

Problem is you can't just buy one player and plug him into just any old situation and think it would work. You would have needed Ed, a bunch of other players, a bunch of the coaching staff, and probably the freaking owner to get what you saw Ed doing here. Ed's greatness here wasn't just Ed, it was Ed + Ravens.

The Texans weren't stupid to try to get something like what the Ravens have, but they were downright moronic to think that getting Ed would be the piece they needed to make it happen. That level of idiocy is a surefire sign the Texans are a troubled organization, top to bottom.

Blog Entries

I get the feeling the Texans looked at Ed Reed how we looked at Shannon Sharpe back in 2000. A star player in the December of his career that knows what it takes to win a championship and has 1 maybe 2 years left on the tank.

But the reality is Ed Reed is far from the Texans' issues. They have a huge hole at the quarterback position.

I don't see the bad game by Ed Reed. He came in on stops when necessary. As for the Vernon Davis TD - that was blown coverage by Manning, the SS, who bit on an underneath route. As soon as Ed saw it he rushed over to try and take VD down but couldn't catch up (barely) - something I can't blame him for given his angle and age.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    That was true even to the last home game Ed ever played in a Raven uniform. The entire playoff game against the Colts was about Ray -- very little was mentioned about Ed. There are reasons for that: Ed had not announced his retirement and Ray had been the face of the franchise since it got to Baltimore. But it was telling that even on his last ride as a Raven, Ed got very little attention. Maybe he wanted it that way.
    But nobody knew it was his last day, even if it was likely.