Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Hard Knocks

  1. #1

    Hard Knocks



    I could not find the original piece about the hard knock, but here is a good piece: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/...os-hard-knocks

    HBO probably showers the league with boatload of cash and the league is hell-bent on giving fans an inside look of a team at every opportunity, I think it is a shame that the league has come down to this. It is ridiculous at best. I wonder how did the Ravens vote on this? Would anyone know?

    Also, there are a couple caveats: 1) a team could decline if it makes to the playoff for two consecutive seasons and 2) (i forgot the second one as I couldn't find the original article).





  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    377

    Re: Hard Knock

    The other caveat was a team with a new coach: http://q.usatoday.com/2013/10/08/har...ed-volunteers/




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    12,893
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Hard Knock

    from what I saw, a team that makes the playoffs can decline, doesn't have to be 2 consecutive years. At least that is what they reported on NFLN.

    They want small market teams and specifically said Titans and Bills were their targets to get more interest. I like watching the show and a lot of others do too
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    8,376
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Hard Knock

    I really like watching hard knocks. It's a great lead up into the regular season.




  5. #5

    Re: Hard Knock

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    from what I saw, a team that makes the playoffs can decline, doesn't have to be 2 consecutive years. At least that is what they reported on NFLN.

    They want small market teams and specifically said Titans and Bills were their targets to get more interest. I like watching the show and a lot of others do too
    I stand corrected.




  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    11,301
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Hard Knock

    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I really like watching hard knocks. It's a great lead up into the regular season.
    I like it too. If they're going to force a team to do it I hope it's the Patriots. That's one organization that I think we would all like to see from the inside. I know it will be a team that needs exposure like the Jags but the Pats would be interesting and get huge ratings.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    19,944

    Re: Hard Knock

    Bill Polian was on SXMNFL Radio "Late Hits" last night talking about this.

    Up until this recent decision by the league, teams can durn them down. Every team turned them down last season. The league went to the Bengals and talked them into it.

    Players can also elect to not be on TV. Which makes James Harrison's antics a bit hollow since, according to Polian, he had to sign a waiver agreeing to be on the program. This new ruling is going to be interesting. If a player decides to not be on TV, the NFLPA may step in. You might be able to compel a team to participate, but you cannot compel a player to be on TV (outside of the game) if they don't want to.

    I love it too, watched every season, but I am glad the Ravens are not on it and hope they're never on it going forward.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  8. #8

    Re: Hard Knock

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I like it too. If they're going to force a team to do it I hope it's the Patriots. That's one organization that I think we would all like to see from the inside. I know it will be a team that needs exposure like the Jags but the Pats would be interesting and get huge ratings.
    I would like to see that, too. Not a chance in hell as long as Yoda is still there.




  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    N.E. Cincy
    Posts
    2,966

    Re: Hard Knock

    I have enjoyed both seasons with the Bengals featured. Last time we did it we swept the AFCN and won the division. I dont think it has hurt us this year either.
    I want a Flacco jersey! Johnny Bench wore #5




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland