Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Flacco has vanished from NFL.com new QB ranks

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_Carcetti View Post
    Eh, whatever.

Anything that gives Joe--or for that matter, the Ravens in general--the chance to yet again prove the critics wrong is welcomed by me. I've long given up judging players and teams by their fantasy appeal. There's a reason why they call it fantasy.

Tony Romo's 506 yard performance last week was no doubt a boon to anyone who had him on their fantasy team, but let's honestly ask who fans would really want at the helm of the real team, Romo or Flacco, and no doubt it would easily be Flacco. And even Peyton Manning's only as good as his neck. I hate to say it, but it's 100% true, and no less true than it was two seasons ago.

I have to say, though, Joe Flacco's pretty much the football version of Ben Affleck (or is it that Ben Affleck is the Hollywood version of Joe Flacco?) Besides the very vague passing resemblance between the two, for years both were discussed as having potential to be discussed in the upper echelon of their respective industries but were often dismissed as not quite being at that level yet. Finally, they go out and win The Big One, which seems to once and for all cement their place amongst the A List....and yet people still continue to debate their worthiness. ("Ben Affleck as Batman? Really?") Only thing is, did Joe ever have a game as bad as Gigli?
    Watching Scent of a Woman again a couple weeks ago I am astonished that the director of that excellent movie was responsible for Gigli as well. It is the worst kind of bad movie... Boring and not even worthy of laughing at in addition to being cringe-inducingly vapid and borderline offensive.

I seriously laughed out loud at this article. I know this point was brought out by another poster, but I seriously laughed so hard at this writers incompetence that I had to comment.

"Wins and losses remain an overrated measure for quarterbacks..."

Really? This guy collects a check from the NFL for writing this? Unreal. His 5, 6 and 7 quarterbacks have a combined 5 wins out of 15 games despite being on decent teams.

Blog Entries

Lets just forget about wins, and superbowl rings, and worry about stats (much more important!!!) .

Guy's, it's all about fantasy numbers these days... not the game on the field. A lot of people don't even watch the actual games anymore... they watch the RedZone, so they can see if their player performs. People are still blowing Tony Romo for christ sake. I mean Mathew Stafford? Seriously... that dude is NOTHING without Megatron.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Lets just forget about wins, and superbowl rings, and worry about stats (much more important!!!) .
    Right leach, and let him tell that to Dan Marino... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    Guy's, it's all about fantasy numbers these days... not the game on the field. A lot of people don't even watch the actual games anymore... they watch the RedZone, so they can see if their player performs. People are still blowing Tony Romo for christ sake. I mean Mathew Stafford? Seriously... that dude is NOTHING without Megatron.
    I agree. Fantasy football is becoming almost as important as real football, as confusing as it seems. The next generation of fans probably won't even care about reality anymore, just how their guys do on gameday.

I been playing fantasy for about 16 yrs now. I love it. I do give me a reason to watch other teams with a different look other then who wins. But it will never have me hoping for my real Ravens team to just put up numbers and no worry about win. Win first then I'll worry about numbers. I don't pay attention to fantasy on Sundays til the ravens game is over. Period. Fantasy is HUGE in today's time. It's a lot of money involved now too. I'm a football fantic and die hard. I love my Ravens. It has help me know personnel for every team.
    I think a lot of people I know won't play, cause the excuse is I don't want to root for any team to win. Which you don't, at least I don't. I only care for ravens win. Everyone else just run or catch the ball. Or throw. I live in shitsburgh, I hate the sqeelers with passion. No way I root for them to win any game, but I have Brown. I know he the playmaker, and he will get targets. Which is fine with fantasy, as long as those targets don't win the game. Which the wins don't cost me money. The numbers do. I never want for a sqeelers win. Or have to win for ravens sake. I just could never want that team to win anything

A lot of people go crazy if their player don't put up numbers. All over twitter and calling players out. That's nutts. Players don't care for it, many play, but a win for the team is highly more important as should be. It's just a game, unless you put $500 or more on it. Reality always first, but for the dreamer of fantasy, it's easy to trade with those cause they lost in the fantasy world. I run 20 teams every year, not kidding, and in the last two week, I trade for Rice and got him in 8 trades. Love it.
    I'm pissed off for greatness!!

Which I badly want to play in a league with fellas here. I just keep missing them here. My bad
    I'm pissed off for greatness!!

Matt Ryan