Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 84
  1. #13

    Re: Obama Knew Millions Would Lose Coverage



    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    That's simply wrong.

    The law required all plans, all insurers to have minimum standards such as child birth, contraception, etc.

    The insurers are canceling plans because the law is forcing them.
    Thats the "What am i missing?" I was looking for.

    When i read "any plan existing prior to 2010 is grandfathered", to me that doesnt mean theyre held accountable to any changes after that. Id agree thats stupid and really is pointless, unless the plan just happened to cover everything and not exceed that 20%, which would be identical to the plans theyre offering now anyway.

    my apologies for the confusion, but thank you for clearing that up.
    Last edited by JAB1985; 10-29-2013 at 10:49 AM.
    -JAB




  2. #14

    Re: Obama Knew Millions Would Lose Coverage

    Yep, they lied. Bald-faced. As is the custom.

    Another summary of the record:

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...Obamacare.html

    Too bad the mainstream press no longer has any integrity or interest in the truth, or these lies would have been called out, incessantly, while they were being made.




  3. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    26,621
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Obama Knew Millions Would Lose Coverage

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven

    Ted Cruz is going to be looking like a rock star this time next year.
    That is scary.


    I'm no fan of the ACA...but I think Cruz is batshit crazy.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  4. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    26,621
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Obama Knew Millions Would Lose Coverage

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    That's simply wrong.

    The law required all plans, all insurers to have minimum standards such as child birth, contraception, etc.

    The insurers are canceling plans because the law is forcing them.
    A lot of it has to do with people going to emergency rooms for dumb shit with no insurance, receiving medical care and then never paying their bills.

    People going to give birth with no insurance...emergency rooms can't turn them away...

    I don't know if you looked at your insurance bill for your new baby, but when my son was born last year our insurance paid close to 20K. That stuff adds up to quite a bit when you consider the number of irresponsible people getting knocked up with no means to pay for it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  5. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates
    Posts
    4,372

    Re: Obama Knew Millions Would Lose Coverage

    but thats on the insurer, not the President.
    Please. The President KNEW that a lot of people who had and liked their plans would not be allowed to keep them. He did not make any exception in his clear statement about keeping policies. He just lied, admit it.

    Thats a legitimate point that is a reason not to like the law, but doesnt really have anything to do with those older policies being taken away. The law didnt make them take those away, they chose to for their own reasons, whatever they may be.
    They KNEW 40-67% of people would lose their plans BECAUSE OF THE LAW. If it were on the insurance companies they would have dropped them or raised the premiums long ago. Seriously, WASN'T THAT ONE OF THE MAJOR COMPLAINTS ABOUT INSURANCE COMPANIES, that they were finding ways to gouge and cancel, etc?




  6. #18

    Re: Obama Knew Millions Would Lose Coverage

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    A lot of it has to do with people going to emergency rooms for dumb shit with no insurance, receiving medical care and then never paying their bills.

    People going to give birth with no insurance...emergency rooms can't turn them away...

    I don't know if you looked at your insurance bill for your new baby, but when my son was born last year our insurance paid close to 20K. That stuff adds up to quite a bit when you consider the number of irresponsible people getting knocked up with no means to pay for it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That is still no excuse to make the coverage mandatory. Childbirth doesn't take anyone by surprise. There are months of advanced warning, and plenty of programs to help the poor. And if there needed to be more they could have been set-up in a cheaper, less-damaging way.

    And it isn't even the real reason for why they made all this stuff mandatory. They made all this nonsense mandatory, like drug rehab coverage, and in vitro fertilization coverage, and smoking cessation coverage, despite the fact most people do not want it or need it, so that insurance companies can recoup money that they are going to be losing on people who consume a ton of health care expenditures but who will not have to pay "fair" premiums for their coverage. This is an extension of requiring young healthy people to buy insurance.

    They need as many people as possible to be paying for as much unneeded and unused coverage as possible, in order to make up for the people who need and use more than they pay for.

    This is also why there is a very real chance this boondoggle enters into a death spiral. With the delays (of mandates), the SCOTUS removing the teeth of the punishment, and the Rube Goldberg machine that is the government-run exchange, there is a significant chance that the ratio of the over-consumers to over-payers will be much higher than the working assumptions when this bill was passed.

    Who is more likely to keep trying and trying and trying to wade through the Obamacare exchange labyrinth? The people who are sick with pre-existing conditions (over-consumers) or the young healthy guy who faces no real punishment for deciding the hassle isn't worth it (over-payers)? The former.




  7. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates
    Posts
    4,372

    Re: Obama Knew Millions Would Lose Coverage

    A lot of it has to do with people going to emergency rooms for dumb shit with no insurance, receiving medical care and then never paying their bills.
    How does Obamacare fix that? The prudent thing to do would be to build clinics near these emergency rooms that get frequent non-emergency patients (for the flu or whatever). These same people with free insurance (these people without insurance are probably going to get 100% subsidies) will still use ERs just as they have. The building of clinics next to ERs with high non-ER usage would have made sense and not affected everybody's insurance.




  8. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,332

    Re: Obama Knew Millions Would Lose Coverage

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    That is scary.


    I'm no fan of the ACA...but I think Cruz is batshit crazy.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Why so?
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  9. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    26,621
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Obama Knew Millions Would Lose Coverage

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Why so?
    Just something about the way he presents himself. Kind of reminds me of a male Michelle Bachman.

    I also don't really like how willing he is to basically throw the country into chaos because of how much he opposes Democrat ideology.

    The only thing I like about him is the "less big gov involvement", but I think he - like many other tea partiers - are using that to pander to libertarians. Is venture that they don't mean it.

    Just my opinion.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  10. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,332

    Re: Obama Knew Millions Would Lose Coverage

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Just something about the way he presents himself. Kind of reminds me of a male Michelle Bachman.

    I also don't really like how willing he is to basically throw the country into chaos because of how much he opposes Democrat ideology.

    The only thing I like about him is the "less big gov involvement", but I think he - like many other tea partiers - are using that to pander to libertarians. Is venture that they don't mean it.

    Just my opinion.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cool. I completely disagree with it, which is why I asked. Trying to see if there was something I didn't know or should look at for.

    Bachman is the furthest thing from my mind when I see/hear Cruz. Dude has his shit together.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  11. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    26,621
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Obama Knew Millions Would Lose Coverage

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Cool. I completely disagree with it, which is why I asked. Trying to see if there was something I didn't know or should look at for.

    Bachman is the furthest thing from my mind when I see/hear Cruz. Dude has his shit together.
    Can you explain why you really like him?

    Voting history?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  12. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,332

    Re: Obama Knew Millions Would Lose Coverage

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Can you explain why you really like him?

    Voting history?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So far (he's in politics so it could change very quickly) it would be very general. There isn't much voting history to go on as Harry Reid doesn't bring much up for a vote so that he can protect vulnerable Democrats up for reelection.

    Mainly though, much like Rand Paul most everything they want to do or not due is guided by the constitution. Cruz more than Paul, IMO.

    Something else to look at (at least for me). Any Republican that is despised by the "Establishment Republicans" (Graham, McCain etc. guys who try to win over the media) is usually alright in my book.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland