Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Alright, now I'm pissed off. (Official Thread)

We have a Head Coach who suddenly thinks he's a genius and INEXPLICABLY DECIDES TO CHANGE THE BLOCKING SCHEME OVER THE OFF-SEASON. Instead of just running with pass first offense and embracing an average rushing attack. You know, LIKE THE REST OF THE MODERN LEAGUE!

Meanwhile, we pay our Quarterback, you know, THE GUY WHO LED US TO THE SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONSHIP WITH AN INDIVIDUAL PERFORMANCE UNSEEN SINCE THE LIKES OF JOE MON-FREAKING-TANA, the money he deserves, only for our front office to decide that they are going to return to the RUNNING THE BALL AND PLAYING DEFENSE PHILOSOPHY. Even though, on the arm of Flacco and good passing weapons, you just won the Super Bowl with THE WORST RAVENS DEFENSE SINCE VINNY WAS HERE!!

And oh, let us not forget that great revamped defense that Ozzie SPENT ALL THE OTHER MONEY ON, instead of, I don't know, SOME DEPTH AT EVERY OFFENSIVE POSITION OTHER THAN RB. You know, the defense that, FOR THE UMPTEENTH STRAIGHT WEEK COULDN'T GET OFF THE GODDAMNED FIELD WHEN ITS NEEDED THE MOST. On, I don't know, THE LAST IMPORTANT DRIVE OF THE GAME!

AND WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO KOCH?! REALLY?! JOE'S PUNT WAS BETTER THAN ANY OF HIS!

Seriously! JOE FUCKING FLACCO WAS YOUR LEADING RUSHER BY A MILE!!

JASON CAMPBELL. THREE FUCKING TOUCHDOWN PASSES. DID BERNIE KOSAR GET A TAN ON A FAMILY VACATION TO HAWAII OR SOMETHING?!!

At this point, honestly, I think Jacksonville could convert crucial third downs on this defense.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"

Re: Alright, now I'm pissed off. (Official Thread)

Well said Excellector!

I've been realy fucking patient with this team this season. But I've had it.

You would think with Joe's playoff performance...one of the greatest performances by a QB EVER!, the front office would invest in the offense. But no..they trade one of his favorite weapons...add no depth on the Oline...and return to this defense/ground and pound mentality. WAKE THE FUCK UP! The NFL is a passing league!
    "I got this." - Justin Tucker

The team all around is bad. Coaching is bad. Then when they run the offense we all want to see (no-huddle, pass first) they still suck. Defense isn't as good as advertised and to top it all off, they aren't 'young,' (in which case we could at least look forward to them progressing in the future).

One area you spent all this effort in improving, running the ball, SUCKS ASS!

That side of the ball you threw money at like a pole dancer, you know what, fuck it, the pole dancer could convert third downs on this defense.

The one area that was neglected, other than paying the QB and leaving him with SHIT, just so happens to be the only reason the Ravens are even in the game, THE PASSING OFFENSE.

YOU HAD NO DEPTH BEHIND PITTA
    NO DEPTH BEHIND TORREY
    NO DEPTH ON THE OFFENSIVE LINE

AND HARBAUGH STALLS THE RHYTHM OF THE PLAYCALLING, ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!!
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"

Calm down, losing is always hard to deal with. We'll at least get some decent draft picks in the spring. You know, something the Oz is magical with. Harbaugh is still on a SB hangover, thinking because he won the SB, everything he has done so far will create wins. Eventually. he will sober up.

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Calm down, losing is always hard to deal with. We'll at least get some decent draft picks in the spring. You know, something the Oz is magical with. Harbaugh is still on a SB hangover, thinking because he won the SB, everything he has done so far will create wins. Eventually. he will sober up.
    Yeah he'll sober up as we're elimanted from playoff contention.
    "I got this." - Justin Tucker

I don't have the energy to be pissed off. I'd be pissed off if we were a good team that blew it against the Browns (just like we did the Steelers, Packers, and Bills). But we're not a good team. There is at least one glaring weakness in each of the three phases.

Call it having seen us win the Super Bowl nine months ago. Call it realizing that every good franchise has a bad/unlucky year and we were due. But I just can't be bothered to be angry. I'm disappointed, but pissed off? This team is so deeply flawed that raising my own BP won't help.

Watching the games should be less life and death this year, more entertainment. Don't go into any of them expecting a Ravens win. We're just barely good enough to flirt with a win in every single game we play, but so irredeemably poor on offense, defense, and ST that it is almost always more likely than not that we will find a way to blow it.

Not trying to be Edgar Allan Poe levels of dark/defeatist here, just being honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Well said Excellector!

I've been realy fucking patient with this team this season. But I've had it.

You would think with Joe's playoff performance...one of the greatest performances by a QB EVER!, the front office would invest in the offense. But no..they trade one of his favorite weapons...add no depth on the Oline...and return to this defense/ground and pound mentality. WAKE THE FUCK UP! The NFL is a passing league!
    The worst thing is, they finally started to show flashes of the offense they should be running in the second half, with quick underneath throws to the receivers and giving those guys a chance to run with the ball in the open field...so of course they'll spend all week obsessing over how to run the ball more and make the Air Coryell offense work!

Incidentally, I thought Solomon Wilcots made a really good observation in the first half: the Ravens O-line isn't cutting defensive linemen on the backside of running plays, even though this is the bread and butter of zone blocking! That's why there aren't any cut back lanes or backside seams opening up for the backs on stretch plays. (And, fwiw, I think it's pretty clear that the current offense really has to zone block if they're going to run effectively, as neither Rice nor the offensive linemen look they can physically make a man blocking scheme work consistently right now, but they're not doing it right!)

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    The team all around is bad. Coaching is bad. Then when they run the offense we all want to see (no-huddle, pass first) they still suck. Defense isn't as good as advertised and to top it all off, they aren't 'young,' (in which case we could at least look forward to them progressing in the future).
    No interior depth, Dickson can't catch, Clark can't run, neither one can block. Why Marlon Brown is only splitting reps at this point is beyond me. Jones only knows how to catch with his body. Even Greg freaking Little was catching passes with his hands. It's like if Joe doesn't play perfect, nothing happens. Torrey was the only one that made a catch where he really had to go out of his way to make it.

At least now they have Marlon Brown along with Torrey. And we do still have Justing Tucker. Throw in Joe as the 4th guy on the list and as far as I'm concerned Ozzie can go out and find 49 guys off the street - who would probably be just as good as the 49 that we presently have.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    One area you spent all this effort in improving, running the ball, SUCKS ASS!

That side of the ball you threw money at like a pole dancer, you know what, fuck it, the pole dancer could convert third downs on this defense.

The one area that was neglected, other than paying the QB and leaving him with SHIT, just so happens to be the only reason the Ravens are even in the game, THE PASSING OFFENSE.

YOU HAD NO DEPTH BEHIND PITTA
    NO DEPTH BEHIND TORREY
    NO DEPTH ON THE OFFENSIVE LINE

AND HARBAUGH STALLS THE RHYTHM OF THE PLAYCALLING, ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!!

Blog Entries

is this the OFFICIAL THREAD of I"m pissed or a facsimile?
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    calm down, losing is always hard to deal with. We'll at least get some decent draft picks in the spring. You know, something the oz is magical with. Harbaugh is still on a sb hangover, thinking because he won the sb, everything he has done so far will create wins. Eventually. He will sober up.
    i'm being calm!!!!!!!