Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Re: Does anyone think Joe is playing hurt?

Joe stated in the post game interview that he felt healthier this season than he has felt in other seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by BSHU View Post
    I hope we don't have to deal with the "Joe is not very good" crowd again.
    You're right Joe is very good. The best!!!

There is no threat with PAP. That is an extreme handicap that is difficult to overcome for any QB.

Sure Joe isn't probably playing up to his contract, and at times he should be better, but it isn't horrible like Rice or Ngata. The ROI on those big contract guys is not there at all. Yanda... this year... is mediocre at best. Webb... uhh.... so-so. Suggs is solid. Doom... too early to tell.

People always bitch about $120M... but how about the criticizing the FO for trying to nickel and dime Flacco two offseasons ago when they could have inked him at a much more cap friendly contract. They could have got him for $3-4M less/yr. It was stupid b/c they knew that Joe was their guy moving forward. They f---ed up and they had to pay.

Bottomline (thanks 52) the FO hasn't been exactly stellar in their cap allocation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawlamer View Post
    You're right Joe is very good. The best!!!
    People have been saying the same thing about Tom Brady all year. Joe has been the best offensive player this year despite having a TERRIBLE running game and for the most part bad pass protection. He's involved Dallas Clark, Marlon Brown, Tandon Doss, and Deonte Thompson (when he's on the field) in the offense. I'm not sure what you want him to do when he has pressure in his face constantly and has to convert 3rd and 10+ all the time. He made some bad throws today, but he is the least of our problems.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    Some of you Nancy's need to relax and give Joe a break. This negativity would be non-existent if Dennis Pitta was playing. Between the vanilla scheme to the lack of trust in the TE's, he's been doing fine considering the beating he's taking each game. Yes, I'm aware he's missed open receivers but every QB does. I also have a feeling that if the O-line was actually giving him a running game, he'd be on point too.

Maybe they'd prefer the clusterfuck that was the QB position before Joe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When it comes to quarterbacks, don't pay attention to stats; pay attention to guys who make crucial plays at crucial times. -Gil Brandt

My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    There is no threat with PAP. That is an extreme handicap that is difficult to overcome for any QB.

Sure Joe isn't probably playing up to his contract, and at times he should be better, but it isn't horrible like Rice or Ngata. The ROI on those big contract guys is not there at all. Yanda... this year... is mediocre at best. Webb... uhh.... so-so. Suggs is solid. Doom... too early to tell.

People always bitch about $120M... but how about the criticizing the FO for trying to nickel and dime Flacco two offseasons ago when they could have inked him at a much more cap friendly contract. They could have got him for $3-4M less/yr. It was stupid b/c they knew that Joe was their guy moving forward. They f---ed up and they had to pay.

Bottomline (thanks 52) the FO hasn't been exactly stellar in their cap allocation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When it comes to quarterbacks, don't pay attention to stats; pay attention to guys who make crucial plays at crucial times. -Gil Brandt

My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post

I agree here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Wow, so if we don't share the same opinion with you we're Nancy's? If we had Pitta it would all change? You don't know that. At best it's you're opinion. I agree we would be better with Pitta and with a better OL Joe wouldn't get hit as much. Joe CONSTANTLY throws behind his receivers. Don't say he doesn't.
    I should have added "negative" before Nancy's. I'm obviously guessing but I think Pitta makes that catch thats thrown to Dickson that he got his hand on. You can tell he doesn't trust Dickson because they cut to Flacco after the throw and he was visibly pissed Dickson didn't catch it. He would never react like that to Pitta because Pitta pretty much catches everything thats thrown his way.

Joe is about as responsible for our offense's woes about as much as our defense is responsible for our team's woes. Which is to say somewhat, but not a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    I should have added "negative" before Nancy's. I'm obviously guessing but I think Pitta makes that catch thats thrown to Dickson that he got his hand on. You can tell he doesn't trust Dickson because they cut to Flacco after the throw and he was visibly pissed Dickson didn't catch it. He would never react like that to Pitta because Pitta pretty much catches everything thats thrown his way.
    I think Joe was pissed at himself. That would have been an extremely tough catch for anyone IMO.

Joe was off today. He missed a lot of throws that he usually completes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I for one saw Joe throw behind, in front, short and long. I saw receivers open and Joe couldn't make the throw. I saw it throughout the game. You can argue with me but I saw what I saw. Joe is not very good. IMO
    Joe Flacco is the best player on this team. We're easily a one win team without him. And I'm being generous saying that. Even with the terrible O-line play, the Ravens could be a lot better if they could scheme better. If Flacco didn't extend plays or out-rushed the RB's, we would have loss 24-3. But I'm chillin'.
    "The Superbowl belongs to Baltimore!" - Jim Nantz

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatness View Post

Joe Flacco is the best player on this team. We're easily a one win team without him. And I'm being generous saying that. Even with the terrible O-line play, the Ravens could be a lot better if they could scheme better. If Flacco didn't extend plays or out-rushed the RB's, we would have loss 24-3. But I'm chillin'.
    Sizzle is the best player on this team.