Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ray was right.

Blog Entries

Re: Ray was right.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I think it's rather clear that it's both an execution issue (o line, inconsistent D and ST play, etc), combined with zero direction in the locker room (loba nailed it in post #14).
    I think you misunderstood my point, HR. I don't think it's "direction in the locker room" but on the field--the sense that you trust someone like #52 to put you in a position to do your part by just playing football.

I think a Ray Lewis-led defense would have found a way to stop the Stealers from marching into FG range at the end of that game & to get the ball back for the offense at the end of the second Browns game.

It's funny how some people opine about leadership and the locker room yet have never been in the locker room, or in the meeting rooms, or at practice...or in the huddles.

We only know what we see, which is that this team isn't playing well.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Personally, all of us, to a one completely under estimate the value that Ray Lewis brought to this team. Sure John Harbaugh is a good coach, he is in a transition though. 52 as in the number held 52 men together. Be pissed for greatness. His body wasn't as fast, strong as it was, but his mind and his generalship of our team was never questioned. Men would bleed, play harder, just to live up to Ray's standards.

His like may never be seen again in the NFL. We lost a lot of close games, in my mind, that is the difference and we need to get used to it and the front office, the coaching staff, and the owner better use this down year wisely to build our future because without #52, we are no longer 'special'.

Period.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Sure it did. We were not exactly lighting the world on fire at that moment.

Go back and watch the video of his remarks. They ring rather true right now. He talked about the bus incident as being symptomatic of a larger issue and discussed the lack luster play up to that point.
    Ditto.

It had everything to do with it.

Ray and Ed were old and now gone and we see no leadership on the field.
    Pic of a natural act: UBER RAVENS FAN AND HISTORIAN GURU. THE PAST IS NOT DEAD, IN FACT, IT IS NOT EVEN PAST.' WILLIAM FAULKNER.

Blog Entries

Ray was not right. There is leadership on this team. But even that does not equate to wins all the time. I seem to recall losing seasons in 2005 and 2007. The Ravens were playing just as bad then as they are now. The years happened under Rays watch. IMO the Ravens just lost to many crucial pieces in the off season. They just don't have the talent right now and the coaches aren't really helping. It almost as is the entire organization is having one big Super Bowl hang over.

Hell yeah Ray was right, and I think he knew this team would be in trouble without guys like himself, Ed Reed and Matt Birk here. I think we all had hoped that guys like Sizzle and Joe would be able to pick up some of the slack but I just don't see it.
    "Screw it, let's ride"!

I am thinking that they just don't want thier paychecks messed with over some hard headed !!!!! head coach. Better for them to just walk away and go through the motions next week. Thats the theme this year , just show up to work I guess. Harbs got the credit for the ride and it will take more than a few guys bitching to convince anyone otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by SykesvilleRavensFan View Post
    The firing of Cam Cameron didn't help at all. Jim Caldwell is no different.
    Well, it helped us win a Super Bowl.

We're going to find out if there really are leadership issues in the coming weeks. Guys that we thought would step into that leadership role are now sneaking out of the locker room or refusing to talk to the media.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...7-987cd3b6cb1b

Frustration oozed from the Ravens locker room after Sunday’s 24-18 loss to the Cleveland Browns.

That was the sentiment from players who addressed the media. A couple Ravens, however, were absent.

Neither Terrell Suggs nor Ray Rice wanted to talk after the game, as Suggs declined comment while leaving the stadium and Rice was gone before reporters got into the locker room.
    Things are about to get ugly IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    We're going to find out if there really are leadership issues in the coming weeks. Guys that we thought would step into that leadership role are now sneaking out of the locker room or refusing to talk to the media.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...7-987cd3b6cb1b

We've lost to the Browns, Bills, and a terrible steeler's team. Can it get any uglier?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    And not in a good way.

Not surprised R2 snuck out. Eleven carries, 17 yards, long of 5...not the sort of day you want to talk about.

I wish people would get over Ray leaving. I loved his play and motivation skills as much as anyone but as far as I remember there were a lot of SB champions that didn't have Ray on their teams. It's not just the o-line but that is a very big reason for our struggles. We are really screwed without a stud TE also. We can't really work between the LBers and the safeties the way other teams can. Losing Pitta was HUGE.