Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Predict the Superbowl Winner

49ers

Not since 1973 has a team lost the Super Bowl and then won it the next year.

Denver

Blog Entries

I'm going with Carolina.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I'm going with Carolina.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    With Rodgers out for a while, I think the Panthers might make the playoffs. But I can't see them winning a bunch of road playoff games and then the SB. But stranger things have happened I suppose. Their defense is definitely pretty darn good.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    With Rodgers out for a while, I think the Panthers might make the playoffs. But I can't see them winning a bunch of road playoff games and then the SB. But stranger things have happened I suppose. Their defense is definitely pretty darn good.
    Carolina has a pretty tough schedule remaining with the Niners, Pats, Saints twice and the Jets, but they've also got games against Tampa, Atlanta and Miami.

I think they can wint at least 4-5 games and get into the playoffs.

Their defense is 2nd in the NFL allowing 13.6 points per game. They are also +8 in turnover differential.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

Well...if the last few seasons are any guide, it won't be any of the current top teams and rather a team struggling within a game or two of .500.

Regarding Denver...I just don't think Peyton can win in the cold weather...unless the Broncos draw the Colts in their dome, I see them falling short again.

The Chiefs? Alex Smith? No.

I'll take the Bears over the Colts.

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

Im sure glad I didn't post in here yesterday...... because I was going to go WAY off the board and predict the Redskins would run the table again and ride that momentum all the way. But if you lose to Minny..... well you were probably never a SB contender.

I'd like to buy into the Chiefs but I just can't. And I COULD buy into the Colts as a threat but I just dont want to. It seem like the easy way out but I just think this is Denver's year even with their lousy D and Peyton's post-season issues. Theyll just overwhelm their opponents in the playoffs with their O and probably win the SB in an all time shootout. PLus too there is now the Fox factor with them rallying around him much like the Colts and Chuck P last year.
    They hate us..... but they want to BE us. (.... or at least poach all our players/coaches/FO people!)

How anyone has Denver winning the SB is insane. The game is being played outside in New Jersey. In February. Unless it's an Indian Summer (the weather pattern so far suggests it's not), Peyton Manning isn/'t beating top NFC competition in cold temperatures. I doubt they make it past the AFCCG.

Blog Entries

I'm stuck on two AFC teams: the Pats and the Chiefs. The Chiefs have a stout defense and a fantastic running game. While I dont think Alex Smith is that great, he just needs to do his best Trent Dilfer impression. Tom Brady and the Pats are PO tested and I hate to say it but they're always in contention with TB at QB. Neither one will be affected by weather.

I'm going with Seattle winning against either of those teams. They've shown they can win any type of game and fought back to beat Tampa Bay of all teams. I also don't think the weather will be much of a factor either as they've got a good running game to fall back on if needed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    How anyone has Denver winning the SB is insane. The game is being played outside in New Jersey. In February. Unless it's an Indian Summer (the weather pattern so far suggests it's not), Peyton Manning isn/'t beating top NFC competition in cold temperatures. I doubt they make it past the AFCCG.

I agree. If the Chiefs get home field throughout, they are gonna be tough for whoever goes to Arrowhead in January.

My wild card team, the black horse, the Lions.

Colts vs. Seahawks with the Seahawks winning a defensive struggle and achieving their first SB title.

I wanted to say the Panthers, but I don't know that I have enough confidence in Cam for an extended period of time to do that. I like what they do with their running game there, but my fantasy team definitely doesn't.