Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    iggyman555 Guest

Re: MNF Pats vs. Panthers

brady and mallett might be fined lol

That was PI on Gronk in the endzone. At the very least defensive holding.
    "I got this." - Justin Tucker

What a great ending. And Brady not even man enough to stick around and give props to the panthers choosing instead to run straight to the locker room and give the head referee an earful.

Loving this, Brady is such a dick

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

The funny thing is if Brady hadn't underthrown the last pass they probably would not have been able to justify picking up the flag.

That Brady got caught on camera chasing and whining to the refs is just classic. And typical.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    That was PI on Gronk in the endzone. At the very least defensive holding.
    At the time I thought it was defensive holding but the official that the brought in at the end of the broadcast made sense. That ball was thrown underneath and had no way to get to Gronk. At the very least it would have been incomplete and with the time left the result would have been the same.
    He Who Dares.....Wins

Blog Entries

Great game. Cam's defining moment finally comes.

My money is on the Pats next week, I don't see them losing two in a row especially next week's being at home. Peyton better watch out
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I am not a huge fan of the Panthers, but Cam Newton is a lot of fun to watch.

Panthers are my dark horse SB team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

Blog Entries

I like how the refs let the players play on final plays like that. But that was blatant holding in the endzone on Gronk. It should have been called. The Pats have every right to be upset.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I am not a huge fan of the Panthers, but Cam Newton is a lot of fun to watch.

Panthers are my dark horse SB team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That run Cam had was absolutely sick.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    At the time I thought it was defensive holding but the official that the brought in at the end of the broadcast made sense. That ball was thrown underneath and had no way to get to Gronk. At the very least it would have been incomplete and with the time left the result would have been the same.
    One could argue that Gronk never had a chance to compete for the ball after being held and pushed back. This made the distance between Gronk and the ball a lot more glaring than it should have been.

In slo-mo, it looks like Gronkowski is running the post route and never had any intention of coming back for the ball. I know Kuechly makes all sorts of contact that by the rulebook I think is definitely a penalty. I don't think that contact kept Gronkowski from the ball though... his route was hard to the end line... and the throw was a little late / short. I don't see how anyone can watch the play in slow motion and say that Kuechly REALLY prevented him from catching THAT particular throw. There's no sign of him fighting for position at all. But you're also hard-pressed to watch it and justify the "no call" after making a "yes call".

That said, it's a consistency thing. If that same play unfolds in New England, they throw the flag and the call stands. That play happens in Carolina and they actually pick up the flag.