Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 28

Thread: The Beer Thread

  1. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Arlington, Virginia
    Posts
    525

    Re: The Beer Thread



    Had a Heavy Seas Winter Storm before going into the stadium last night. DELISH

    Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2




  2. #14

    Re: The Beer Thread

    Stopped at a little Brew Pub in Calisle, Pa. I want to say it was close to 100 imported bottles broke down by country. I went with some of the more odd ones off the list. Tsingtao (chinese), Kirin Ichiban (japan), Ambar (spain), San Miguel (philipines), Efes (turkey), and Mariachi (guatemala). Ambar and San Miguel were the best of the bunch. They had good unique flavor. The rest pretty much tasted like any light american lager. Guatemala and turkey apparently recycle their bottles... poorly. They both had soapy residue in the bottle after I poured it out. Guatemala may have had a good bit of cleaner still in the beer actually.
    -JAB




  3. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    25,693
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: The Beer Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Stopped at a little Brew Pub in Calisle, Pa. I want to say it was close to 100 imported bottles broke down by country. I went with some of the more odd ones off the list. Tsingtao (chinese), Kirin Ichiban (japan), Ambar (spain), San Miguel (philipines), Efes (turkey), and Mariachi (guatemala). Ambar and San Miguel were the best of the bunch. They had good unique flavor. The rest pretty much tasted like any light american lager. Guatemala and turkey apparently recycle their bottles... poorly. They both had soapy residue in the bottle after I poured it out. Guatemala may have had a good bit of cleaner still in the beer actually.
    Oh, you mean Market Cross Pub?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  4. #16

    Re: The Beer Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Oh, you mean Market Cross Pub?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    yessir. First time there, was quite surprised. I liked their stout, wasnt what i was expecting, and brown ale, which i think was nut brown ale.
    -JAB




  5. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    25,693
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: The Beer Thread

    That's a great little joint. I used to go there every Tuesday for pint night. I miss that place.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  6. #18

    Re: The Beer Thread

    I was really impressed with it. Great food (fish and chips) and much larger selection then I would have thought from a nano/microbrewery. Usually they like to sell their own beer. Probably worth the hour drive to go back sometime.
    -JAB




  7. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    25,693
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: The Beer Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I was really impressed with it. Great food (fish and chips) and much larger selection then I would have thought from a nano/microbrewery. Usually they like to sell their own beer. Probably worth the hour drive to go back sometime.
    Just a block down is the North Hanover Grill. They have outstanding wings. Wing night was Wednesday night.

    That was a good little town to go to college in.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  8. #20

    Re: The Beer Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Just a block down is the North Hanover Grill. They have outstanding wings. Wing night was Wednesday night.

    That was a good little town to go to college in.
    Dickinson?

    Ill be honest ive been going there for years for the swap meets, but i never really ventured into town at all. It looked like a fun place to be. We were there at 11 on a cold saturday afternoon and there were still a good bit of people starting to roll in.
    -JAB




  9. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    25,693
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: The Beer Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Dickinson?

    Ill be honest ive been going there for years for the swap meets, but i never really ventured into town at all. It looked like a fun place to be. We were there at 11 on a cold saturday afternoon and there were still a good bit of people starting to roll in.
    Yeppers.

    I gradiated with a batchlers in beer drinking.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  10. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    22,102

    Re: The Beer Thread

    Heading into Bmore in a couple of weeks for my birthday weekend with the fellas.

    Any new local brews I need to try?
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  11. #23

    Re: The Beer Thread

    I had Brewers Art Ozzy for new years... not sure how "new" it is, but it was new to me and quite tasty.
    -JAB




  12. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    22,102

    Re: The Beer Thread

    Ozzy is one of their staples. Had it many times. Very tasty and quite hoppy.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland