Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Re: Matt Elam calls Calvin Johnson old

Dumb, dumb, dumb, just fucking dumb. You better bring your A++++++ game Matt.

Man, I really hate people on this board sometimes. I swear you guys don't even read the article, just the thread title. Matt Elam gave him plenty of respect, he just noted older receivers tend to be less physical as they get older. Now everyone on this board is going to flip their shit as usual calling him dumb and whatnot. I see nothing wrong with what he said. When you say a guy has to be double and triple covered, you're giving them a lot of respect.

I know reading comprehension is hard, but seriously?

Blog Entries

You know that saying, the best defense is a good offense. This is one of those games. The best way to stop Megatron is to keep him on the sideline. Our offense needs long clock eating drives that result in points.

Megatron is a great player but I like Chykie Brown's attitude. When you become so focused on one player you lose sight of the other players on the field. Part of me thinks that Adrian Peterson and Toby Gerhart are a good example.

Quote Originally Posted by CptJesus View Post
    Man, I really hate people on this board sometimes. I swear you guys don't even read the article, just the thread title. Matt Elam gave him plenty of respect, he just noted older receivers tend to be less physical as they get older. Now everyone on this board is going to flip their shit as usual calling him dumb and whatnot. I see nothing wrong with what he said. When you say a guy has to be double and triple covered, you're giving them a lot of respect.

It's not a problem of people on the board, but overall I agree.

Matt Didn't say anything cray, and would it really matter anyway? Megatron is a beast, hence the name, what Elam said won't make one bit of difference.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin

Right. Dude said nothing wrong, ESPN blew it out of proportion, people see a title, everyone freaks out.

And if the Lions need that as bulletin board material...I'm confident in our chances.

Blog Entries

I think that Elam might have just guaranteed a loss.

On the other hand, if Calvin gets held to zero catches maybe it means superbowl!

While I agree with the sentiment, you could use more tact next time.

No need to slam other members of the board.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Webb View Post
    And if the Lions need that as bulletin board material...I'm confident in our chances.
    This. They're tied in the standings with the Bears & only a half game in front of the Pack, they have no realistic shot at the playoffs if they don't win the division...if that doesn't get their attention then nothing anyone says will wake them up.

The really interesting thing about this game is that on paper Detroit ought to win going away--the only real edge the Crows have is that they know how to handle pressure situations. Will it be enough?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    While I agree with the sentiment, you could use more tact next time.

No need to slam other members of the board.
    Sorry, it's getting old. We do this same old song and dance like 20 times a month now, and I don't understand. People in this board are some of the most knowledgeable football people I know, so this just confuses me. I'll try and be more tactful in the future I guess.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

It's not reading comprehension. It's Matt Elam comprehending the age of Calvin Johnson. Even though he did compliment him in various ways he called him "old". Calvin Johnson is 28. He is literally entering the prime of his career.

Elam wasn't talking trash. He just said something stupid that doesn't make any sense.

Sorry, it's getting old. We do this same old song and dance like 20 times a month now, and I don't understand. People in this board are some of the most knowledgeable football people I know, so this just confuses me. I'll try and be more tactful in the future I guess.
    Here's the quote:
    When asked about how to cover Johnson Elam stated “He’s pretty old, so I don’t know how physical he’ll be,” Elam said. “He’s a big guy, but he’s older. I guess when they get older they’re not going to be as physical, you know what I’m saying? We’re going to have to be physical, make him uncomfortable.”

Cringeworthy IMHO.
    I want a Flacco jersey! Johnny Bench wore #5

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    Here's the quote:
    When asked about how to cover Johnson Elam stated “He’s pretty old, so I don’t know how physical he’ll be,” Elam said. “He’s a big guy, but he’s older. I guess when they get older they’re not going to be as physical, you know what I’m saying? We’re going to have to be physical, make him uncomfortable.”

Cringeworthy IMHO.
    "Big, fast, athletic, unstoppable, freak,'' Elam said.

"You've got to know when it's time to double him, when it's time to triple-team him,'' Elam said. "You've got to keep your eye on him, because (Detroit quarterback (Matthew) Stafford wants to get the ball to him.''

"He can be a problem, a game-wrecker,'' Elam said. "We've got to do our job and execute.''