Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: 45,873 Show Up at the Half Empty Ketchup Bottle

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    You don't think Ravens fans have interest in the comings and goings of the Steelers and their fans?

If your answer is no, get out from under that rock, at least for the Holidays.
    I personally could careless about their fans. I'm more worried about our fan base. You know the best in the whole freaking world.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    I hear ya and they are good points. But then again, I was at the gym last Sun morning (it had just started coming down) and a buddy walked in and I asked why not at the game? He said "he wasn't gonna sit in that snow and rain.. and that his 4 tix were on the seat of his car". He was able to get out and about for fun stuff but just had no interest in sitting in the conditions. I was close to asking for the tix. But it was already 10:30 am and I also knew I'd have more fun on my couch with a beer/hot chocolate/eggnog and bourbon... whatevers.. I hit the grocery store on the way home for some game time snacks and the store (all of the stores) was packed with people doing the same... So while the weather kept Ravens fans home from going to the game.. it didn't keep them from getting out to the malls and stores. We are can-do people! We do what we want.... and it seemed like a lot of people didn't want to get wet and cold. Sure did see a lot of Viking's fans in the seats though... You don't usually see the camera up close to opposing teams fans at a Ravens home game.

But with all that being said... I wouldn't want to make a serious drive in that crap (from DC, etc)... But you all aren't willing to die for your team? What the hell... I'd be damn proud to leave a purple spot in the snow for my team..

Also, my opinion on snow and weather cancellations may be extreme. I come from the North. Up there (and in an earlier era) snow was just life... it never stopped you from doing anything.... for better or worse.
    Agreed there were plenty of empty purple seats there last week. We didn't get that much snow compared to Philly. My group took the light rail so travel to the stadium wasn't too bad if you wanted to go to the game. Shame on the ones the didn't go they missed a historical final two mins & huge Ravens win

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    I personally could careless about their fans. I'm more worried about our fan base. You know the best in the whole freaking world.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Fair enough, but I couldn't care less that you "could careless." But thanks just the same for trying to sabotage the thread.
    Follow me on Twitter @ russellstreport

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    It wasn't just this game either...the Yinzers are growing restless.

Check THIS OUT
    Tail end of the article:

"There was a fumble on an onside kick in San Diego once. I had it ... and then it was like being a Thanksgiving turkey wishbone."

Pulling the facemask, which they call fishhooking, is a popular move.

"Not that I've ever done it," Tunch Ilkin said with a slight smile, "but from what I understand, when you pull a guy's facemask, his whole body comes out. "I got punched in the ribs. When you get punched in a pile, you get out and you're looking for the guy, it could be anybody.

"We got in a pileup in Cleveland one time. I was in a fight for the ball. I had my hands pinned to my sides and a guy blasted me in the head, and I was trying to choke this one guy and another guy spiked the ball off my head.

"We got up and got into a big fight."

That reads like a lot of a certain poster's posts!

Blog Entries

It's freezing up there in that stadium with the wind coming thru the open end from the river known as the cess pool. I've been to games up there including at night and here. One time MInn came in here for a night game and it was freezing and Kyle Richardson shanked about 4 punts and was released after the season but they're supposed to be the best fans in the universe under any conditions.

Times are changing as the team gets worse, so do their fans; and while there were some empty seats here last Sunday, the stadium was mostly filled as neither team could move the ball til the the last 2 mins of the game when the snow let up some. The crowd was still loud.
    Pic of a natural act: UBER RAVENS FAN AND HISTORIAN GURU. THE PAST IS NOT DEAD, IN FACT, IT IS NOT EVEN PAST.' WILLIAM FAULKNER.

Quote Originally Posted by Raving Sports Fan View Post
    Agreed there were plenty of empty purple seats there last week. We didn't get that much snow compared to Philly. My group took the light rail so travel to the stadium wasn't too bad if you wanted to go to the game. Shame on the ones the didn't go they missed a historical final two mins & huge Ravens win
    A lot of Ravens fans do not live within transit distance of the stadium so to say shame on them just because you were able to go is a bit self serving.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    A lot of Ravens fans do not live within transit distance of the stadium so to say shame on them just because you were able to go is a bit self serving.
    I turned down tickets because i live in Westminster. Im glad i did because rt 140 was closed on the way to owings mills. Roads were real bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    No I remember what it was like not to have a team for 13 years & I paid for seats and I love my team so I would have found a way to get to the game one way or another. The point is we should not rag on another fan base for having empty seats I'd say there was less then 50,000 people at M&T when the game ended. Sure it was cold & damp but so what look what they missed out on. I use a cane so snow & ice & I don't mix well and yes I slid once but what I saw made it all worth it