Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Defense was clutch

It's about time. I have to admit. I was skeptical when the lions got the ball back with 38 seconds left and 3 timeouts to work with. But they were really solid the entire game. Bend but don't break. Aside from a couple of 30 yard gains they really limited the Lions to a few big plays.
    Keeping Calvin Johnson under a 100 yards and out of the endzone is nothing to sneeze at. And Reggie Bush never really went off. Hats off to the entire secondary especially.

Re: Defense was clutch

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    It's about time. I have to admit. I was skeptical when the lions got the ball back with 38 seconds left and 3 timeouts to work with. But they were really solid the entire game. Bend but don't break. Aside from a couple of 30 yard gains they really limited the Lions to a few big plays.
    Keeping Calvin Johnson under a 100 yards and out of the endzone is nothing to sneeze at. And Reggie Bush never really went off. Hats off to the entire secondary especially.
    Anybody that thinks the defense didn't do a fine job tonight is just speaking toilet talk. What a thrilling finish

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    Anybody that thinks the defense didn't do a fine job tonight is just speaking toilet talk. What a thrilling finish
    Did Daryl Smith's feet slip on the Fauria TD? Other than that play and the Bush TD, the defense held up well.

I admit i was worried about another collapse in clutch time when Detroit was going down the field and went ahead, but even on the TD Smith damn near ripped the ball out and then the D denied the 2pt conversion.

Holding a fast team like the Lions to 16pts in their house is quite an accomplishment.
    If you break the rules you can't make the rules.
    - Remove Coach Tomlin from the NFL Competition committee.

Blog Entries

Great performance. What a game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Great performance. What a game.
    I just totaled up the Lions points at home in 2013 = 190. That's an average of 31.6 per game. The Ravens defense did a solid job keeping the Lions to 16 points at home. Anyone disagree? ... Bc

The D played very well. A few too many missed tackles early on, but they got back on track. And a HUGE props for Jimmy Smith. He has taken his lumps from the fanbase, but man is he playing lights out right now. One play that I don't think he'll get much credit for is that one Megatron catch on the side, where he got beat. Ihedigbo put a hit on CJ but didn't take him down, but even after being out of the play, Jimmy rushed back in and held on for dear life to take down CJ. That was no easy task and if he didn't do it, that would have gone for several more yards, and quite possibly for a TD

If the D had truly been clutch - Detroit would not have scored their final TD. The D was good, but not really clutch. To be truly clutch, the D has to OWN the 4th quarter, just SHUTDOWN OWN the final 15 minutes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    If the D had truly been clutch - Detroit would not have scored their final TD. The D was good, but not really clutch. To be truly clutch, the D has to OWN the 4th quarter, just SHUTDOWN OWN the final 15 minutes.
    Not saying you're wrong, but if the Ravens offense could have scored on one or two of their multiple trips to the Red Zone, your post would be a moot point... Bc

Blog Entries

Some of you need to watch other games. The last two weeks were record setting for most points scored. The leagues has changed with all of these rules. Holding a team like this to 16 is outstanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    I hope this is sarcasm. The lions put together a great drive and if I recall there were some questionable flags on that drive. The defense held their own and kept one of the offensive powerhouses to 16 points in their stadium on prime time. With all of the weapons that they have on offense the defense kept them in check. They controlled the best reciever in the game and limited him to less than a hundred yards. Only the fourth time this season a team has done that. CJ is a freak of nature and our defense played excellent. Just celebrate the win

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack View Post
    Did Daryl Smith's feet slip on the Fauria TD? Other than that play and the Bush TD, the defense held up well.
    I didn't see it as a slip.... it looked to me that he had a step he was trying to make up and out of time, so he did what he could to get his hand closer to do whatever it could.... looked ineffective and awkward but also looked like it was the best option he had to try.... I really didn't see or consider it a slip (more like Jimmy Smith's ending position at the end of the SB... similar thinking)
    Heinz Field Ketchup official ketchup of the Ravens?