Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Damien Berry selling his Ravens Super Bowl ring - get your checkbooks ready

Agree that whatever he made probably isn't going to last him much longer, unless he kept to a "college kid" lifestyle the last 2 years.

He may actually be getting decent advice. First, he doesn't have much of an NFL future, so it's time to let go of the past. Second, the ring's value may be an all time high because it's rare to find one so recently issued for sale. He needs to get as much out of it as he can while he sets himself up for the next phase of his life.

At least, I'd like to hope that's the thought process.
    No one likes us, and we don't care.

We look at NFL players like they are fully knowledgeable adults.

Sorry - for the most part they are kids, kids just 4 years removed from HS - no real world experiences to draw from to realize just what they have and how short a time they will have it. For the most part the have no role models for them to pattern themselves after to maximize and retain the finances they do have.

Blog Entries

Herman Edwards to rookies in 2011. Get to about the 13 minute mark to hear his take on how to handle money :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux3GFoNIW3o

... Bc

iggyman555 Guest

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 1m

Damien berry said a friend put his ring up for sale without his knowledge he's working through lawyer to try to get his ring back

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 2m

Damien berry called me and said he didn't place his super bowl ring up for sale says auction of his ring is unauthorized

Blog Entries

Kelly Gregg used to get ribbed for his frugalness. He drove around in (I think) a beat-up, used Ford F-250.

Alfred Morris from the Foreskins seems like a frugal dude too:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...d-car-bentley/

Blog Entries

Why do soon though? Wouldn't it be worth more in a few years. It's not like the value of the jewels on it will go down.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Herman Edwards to rookies in 2011. Get to about the 13 minute mark to hear his take on how to handle money :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux3GFoNIW3o

... Bc
    Some of that is good advice for regular old Joe's. I got a couple of students that need to watch that.

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    Kelly Gregg used to get ribbed for his frugalness. He drove around in (I think) a beat-up, used Ford F-250.

I can remember Chris Carr used to pull into the players lot at M&T Bank Stadium driving a little Honda Civic that was like an early 2000s model. Smartest man in the locker room.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post

Joe Flacco takes the bus ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 1m

Damien berry said a friend put his ring up for sale without his knowledge he's working through lawyer to try to get his ring back

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 2m

Damien berry called me and said he didn't place his super bowl ring up for sale says auction of his ring is unauthorized
    Wonder if it was sold ? Anybody know.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Joe Flacco takes the bus ... Bc
    short bus?

iggyman555 Guest

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 2h

Ex-Raven Damien Berry says Super Bowl ring sold without his knowledge, Goldin Auctions says it has legal paperwork: