Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: DeCosta Contacted to Interview for Dolphins GM

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    Eric has deep family roots here and 3 young children. Given the promises that have been made by the Ravens it is highly unlikely that he takes that job or any other GM job for that matter. He's turned down better jobs than that of the Dolphins.

That said, while he's in Jupiter, FL over the weekend, it wouldn't be a shocker if Stephen Ross puts on a full court press while he's in town.
    I thought after Bisciotti gave him his last raise, there was a clause in his contract that he couldn't interview. Like
    Eugene Monroe, DeCosta's wife is from Baltimore.
    Pic of a natural act: UBER RAVENS FAN!

Blog Entries

Hmmm... would I rather work for Ross or Bisciotti?

No way would DeCosta be dumb enough to make that move.
    He Who Dares.....Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Flacco Machado View Post
    Stephen Ross wants Tom Gamble as GM. It's all part of his plan to get Jim Harbaugh when his contract is up with the 49ers. Gamble and Harbaugh worked together with the 49ers. Ross missed out on Jim the first time, he doesn't want to miss out again.
    The 9ers are already trying to extend him, and he's got two more years left. I have a really hard time imagining a scenario where Jim would leave SF for Miami.
    "Leave. Your. Mark."

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Bisciotti indicated during the State of the Ravens press conference that if next year didn't go much better, then he would make changes. I wonder if that would be the impetus for Bisciotti to move Ozzie out of the GM job along with Harbaugh as the HC, and move DeCosta into the GM role?
    I think he was directing that comment to the coaches, not Ozzie.

Ozzie has been in worse shape than this past season and he was still retained. One season (or a few strung together) isn't going to force his ouster.

He has a job for as long as he wants it.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    The 9ers are already trying to extend him, and he's got two more years left. I have a really hard time imagining a scenario where Jim would leave SF for Miami.
    Apparently, from what I've read Jim Harbaugh and Trent Baalke are in a power struggle. Sounds like Jim wants more control.

http://www.mercurynews.com/tim-kawak...titive-tension

http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_...clears-air-jim
    Last edited by Flacco Machado; 01-10-2014 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

Ozzie has been in worse shape than this past season and he was still retained. One season (or a few strung together) isn't going to force his ouster.

I would tend to agree, but just to play devil's advocate, what if Bisciotti is upset about giving his QB a $120M contract, but then not getting sufficient offensive weapons or OL protection for that investment?

Quote Originally Posted by Flacco Machado View Post
    Apparently, from what I've read Jim Harbaugh and Trent Baalke are in a power struggle. Sounds like Jim wants more control.

http://www.mercurynews.com/tim-kawak...titive-tension

http://www.mercurynews.com/49ers/ci_...clears-air-jim
    Those are two rather positive articles. Not sure I see this as a power struggle. Rather, two strong guys who clash sometimes.

I'm willing to bet Harbs and Ozzie have similar disagreements.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

I don't think this season was bad for Ozzie. A couple FA busts but the draft class will show up big down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Hmmm... would I rather work for Ross or Bisciotti?

No way would DeCosta be dumb enough to make that move.
    I think he should take the job.

Everybody knows that with Flacco's salary being so huge we can't afford any more players. Everybody knows that's why we sucked this year. So why should a talented guy like Mr. DeCosta stick around if he can't sign anybody good?

If you break the rules you can't make the rules.
    - Remove Coach Tomlin from the NFL Competition committee.

EVen if Eric DeCosta was free to go wherever he pleased, there is zero chance that he would go to the Dolphins job...it's a train wreck.

Dawn Aponte is the Executive Vice President of Football Administration, and once upon a time she reported to Ireland (outgoing GM). She was undermining Ireland by reporting to Coach Philbin about what a poor job the GM thought he was doing. Ireland was on the verge of firing her, then Ross (the owner) promoted Aponte, doubled her salary, and made it so that she was reporting to Philbin (whom she had a significant hand in hiring) instead.

Whomever takes that GM job is walking into a power struggle...no chance that it will be DeCosta.

Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing 4h
    Ravens asst GM Eric DeCosta has no interest in the Miami job. He's the GM-in-waiting at one of the best franchises in football.
    Retweeted by Jamison Hensley

Jeff Zrebiec ‏@jeffzrebiecsun 4h
    Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti said 20 months ago that team restructured Eric DeCosta's contract where he's "off the market for a few years."

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 4h
    Rumors of Dolphins interest in DeCosta meet a swift, predictable death http://wp.me/p14QSB-9nUH

Blog Entries

Peter King really gets it.
    He Who Dares.....Wins