Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Re: Andrew Luck is not elite ...

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I'll bet the Redskins wish the Colts drafted RG III instead... Bc

what qb was elite 2 years into his career?

what a ridiculous post.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    He has to change his name.

Arthur Luck?

Blog Entries

Today it went from Luck to F--Ked.

Pic of a natural act: UBER RAVENS FAN AND HISTORIAN GURU. THE PAST IS NOT DEAD, IN FACT, IT IS NOT EVEN PAST.' WILLIAM FAULKNER.

Quote Originally Posted by slinkymaster View Post
    what qb was elite 2 years into his career?

what a ridiculous post.
    Well...if you follow the media...there are quite a few proclamations of how "great" of a QB is Luck. I agree with the opinion that while he's certainly a very good, young QB with a lot of promise, folks have to cool their jets on the "great" talk.

As to comparing Luck's struggles with Flacco's supposed struggles early in his playoff career: Luck = 8 INTs in 3 games. Flacco = 8 INTs in 12 games.

Blog Entries

He was behind the entire game with a lousy defense getting steam rolled by Blount for 7+ yds per carry and 4 TDs. He
    still brought them back in 2d half closing the gap to 29-22, then NE scored a couple more times to ice it. He made the
    POs last year and ran into the Ravens who were on fire and ran over him 24-9. In that game it was Boldin who set a franchise record. It's always someone steam rolling his Defense.

That's why I joked he has to change him name. He's not lucky but if they get half a defense, Luck could be something special. He made POs two years in a row at a very very young age and he did score a big PO win vs KC last week winning the shootout 45-44.

Last edited by AirFlacco; 01-12-2014 at 07:02 AM.
    Pic of a natural act: UBER RAVENS FAN AND HISTORIAN GURU. THE PAST IS NOT DEAD, IN FACT, IT IS NOT EVEN PAST.' WILLIAM FAULKNER.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Well...if you follow the media...there are quite a few proclamations of how "great" of a QB is Luck. I agree with the opinion that while he's certainly a very good, young QB with a lot of promise, folks have to cool their jets on the "great" talk.

As to comparing Luck's struggles with Flacco's supposed struggles early in his playoff career: Luck = 8 INTs in 3 games. Flacco = 8 INTs in 12 games.
    INTs are a product of having a subpar running game. Colts ran it 21 times, threw it 41 times. That's almost 67% of the time they threw it.

Do you think it's a coincidence that the year Joe had the worst run offense in franchise history, he also had the highest INT in franchise history?

Without a run game, D can sit back in coverage and focus on just confusing and frustrating the QB. Or turning the dogs loose and coming hard after the QB, forcing poor quick throws.

First 3 of Joe's playoff games, he had a strong run game and didn't have to do much as a passer.
    FOR REED, BIRK, BOLDIN, RAY, ART, TEVIN, OJ, and BALTIMORE...
    SUPER BOWL 47 CHAMPION RAVENS!!!!!!

"We don't make it easy, but that's the way the city of Baltimore is, and that's the way we are. We did this for them back home." - Joe Flacco, Super Bowl 47 MVP

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post

Flacco had the luxury of being a game manager because he had two things Luck does not have. First of all he had a running game, which was top 5 - 10, and he had a top 3 defense. Flacco never had to put the team on his shoulders and carry it those first two years. He never had to throw the ball 40 times and if he had we certainly would have lost.

Just saying Luck is a young player that doesn't have a ton of support. Give him the cast that a guy like Russell Wilson has and they might have blown the Pats out.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    lol. have you watched indy games this year? his O line is terrible and the running game is non existent. he won 11 games with that team.
    he is not elite yet but he will be a great qb by the end of his career
    Agreed.

Quite the reactionary thread.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

This thread is brought to you by a hater that is grading a 2nd year QB.

Enough said.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavingMad View Post
    This thread is brought to you by a hater that is grading a 2nd year QB.
    Enough said.
    Quite eloquently said, RavingMad, and I concur... Bc

Well I'm clearly in the minority but I don't think Luck will get much better than he is right now. And he does seem to not be his best in the playoffs. One and out last year, and 8 interceptions in three playoff games this year and last.

I believe the QB ratings are another indicator. In his 2nd year, 1999, Peyton Manning was 4th in the league. In his 2nd year, 2013, Luck was 18th. I just don't see him going to the top of the QB ratings no matter how long he plays.